manual assessment at Jag/Land Rover

Options

Comments

• Suicidemachine
    Options
    Heard they are makign the 1 week at xmas into 3 weeks as well. Not heard anything about job losses but you can probably bet on it
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lots of rumours.

Extra week at Christmas.

Off 7th December till 7th Jan.

4 weeks off April (Brexit).

No Manpower by Christmas and 600 core to go (redundancy package aimed at old boys).

Everything moving to Nitra.

Until you get an official brief it's all speculation regardless of how reliable someones source is. :rotfl:
  • Havrey0123
    Options
    Any manpower heard anything about the jobs
  • ncfc_123
    ncfc_123 Posts: 40 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Havrey0123 wrote: »
    Any manpower heard anything about the jobs

I’ve heard a load of stuff aswell

4 weeks off at Christmas. I’ve got a friend at the factory that builds the bumpers and he’s been told there stopping production on the 7th December.

2000 going in the whole company in feb. Not just agency

Union rep told me on Friday he didn’t foresee any more job cuts any time soon, said the electric cars which there starting production on next year should help things pick up.

I know they didn’t get rid of the 1000 they wanted in April loades where I work got kept on when they were told originally they were gone

I don’t know what other people are finding but I don’t see how the factory could function if they got rid of more manpower. I’m in fa2 and there is constantly a lack of labour, gls endlessly on jobs and castle brom lot seem to be struggling

I think going 2 shift would be the real death knell for us lot

The whole environment there is doing my head in tbh. Constantly worrying about losing job. It’s difficult to find anything that pays anywhere near as well as Jlr do
  • ttfan
    ttfan Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Reading between the lines, I would say Jlr are in big trouble. The motor trade is changing as is the demand for certain cars.... whether it be hybrid, electric, what ever... and Jag haven't read the market..... time will tell.
  • Simba2018
    Options
    Anyone heard anything about them demanning every line in FA1/2 by like 5 to 15 per line?

Also if you have heard that, what’s going to happen with the people who are being demanned if it’s happening across the factory? (Job losses).
  • Suicidemachine
    Options
    Not heard anythng but im BIW, if they ar edemannig then they gotta slow the cars per hour down surely?
  • Simba2018
    Options
    Apparently they are slowly choosing atm, then it will take place from week 6.

But you ask union they don’t know nothing, but then again the union work for jlr, so they won’t do anything to jeopardise there position within the company.
  • Potbellypig
    Options
    Many contractors have been told to finish on the 14th December and come back on 7th January.
  • Suicidemachine
    Options
    Which contractors do you mean?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills