manual assessment at Jag/Land Rover

Options

Comments

• Suicidemachine
    Options
    Still there just about. Hopefully get made redundant n NOvember when they ship work off abroad. Worst job ever and im on 40k and can't wait to get the boot.
  • ttfan
    ttfan Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    One thing I've learnt is money ain't everything. We live on about 22k now ( was on 40k at Jlr ) but feel so much better and having a lot more fun with the family.
  • Suicidemachine
    Options
    COuldnt agree more mate
  • Havrey0123
    Havrey0123 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 September 2018 at 3:18PM
    Options
    whats the latest there now.
    how many shifts are on in fa1 and fa2 it used to be 3 shift?
    If discovery is going abroad, what will be made in bodyshop2?
    How many agency that started in Jan2015 onwards have received contracts?
    I used to work in t5 underbody next to body shop 3, whats in there now?

In reference to the work there, I used to be in bodyshop working on the old shape discovery until it finished, it was nice and relaxed. Then got moved to fa1, couldn't keep up with the jobs there.
    Then I got moved into fa2, they were a lot stricter here, I couldnt keep up here, so I left before I was forced to leave.

To be fair they gave me a few jobs in FA1 and FA2 as I was struggling, but I just couldnt keep up.
  • Suicidemachine
    Options
    No agnecy have been taken on since Jan 2015, ive been there nearly 4 years waiting for the contract that will never come.

T5 is plant launch/quality now.

The rest i cant answer.
  • RichardD1970
    Options
    No agnecy have been taken on since Jan 2015, ive been there nearly 4 years waiting for the contract that will never come.

T5 is plant launch/quality now.

The rest i cant answer.

There have been some agency since 2015 but on short term placements as and when needed.

BS 2 is being refitted for the new modular platform.

Suicide, if you are Manpower then I don't think you will be made "redundant" with all the rights that implies, just not have your placement renewed.

I have heard that all the current Manpower will now stay on until Christmas at least (if they want to of course, if it is that bad maybe cut your losses and get out now whilst there aren't more people competing for jobs).
  • Suicidemachine
    Options
    I heard November, im just waiting for the payoff now, another 2 months i can tolerate. Sooner the better.

Anyone whos been there over 2 years gets redundancy. My friends who got let go just all did.
  • Havrey0123
    Options
    I heard November, im just waiting for the payoff now, another 2 months i can tolerate. Sooner the better.

Anyone whos been there over 2 years gets redundancy. My friends who got let go just all did.
    how much redundancy do you get.
  • Suicidemachine
    Options
    Just statutory so a few grand. Im waiting till November for RHA and summertime bonus too, not just the pay off.

If they keep me on till after xmas shutdown then ill get a months wages tax free basically.
  • ttfan
    ttfan Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Get what you can out of 'um matey ��
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business