Car Breakdown Discussion

Options

Comments

• billstickers
    billstickers Posts: 49 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2013 at 11:28PM
    Options
    Got a quote of £58.50 online going direct to Green Insurance but the form would not accept the password for a discount EXPERT
    Then got a quote of £60.58 using the link on the MSE site and it did accept the password and got the dscount!
    SO
    When is MSE discount of 10% not 10%?
    What other password discounts are there?
    PS got an email stating policy issue OK but it did not mention the printed docs that I paid £2 extra for Phoned Green Customer Service for confirmation.
    The person I spoke to just kept on and on talking and would not listen to me properly. It then turned out that two policies had been issued and that against each that there was an additional charge of £4 for using a credit card (not documented on the web site or in the confirmation email) This know it all claimed that they could not cancel the duplication because Green is a comparison company and the policies could have gone to different companies
    NOT HAPPY AT ALL ABOUT THIS - PERHAPS MSE SHOULD INVESTIGATE
  • den169
    den169 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well i got a letter a few weeks back off the AA telling me my membership runs out on the 2nd of october and they wanted to upgrade me to some silver membership so i rang them and got this obnoxious know it all,I told him i wouldn't be renewing in october and would be going elsewhere.I asked him to confirm in writing that it would end on the 2nd the arrogant prat said iv'e worked here a long time sir i know what i'm doing.Well guess what he didn't have a clue i just recieved another letter saying as requested your record has been closed please destroy your membership card as it is no longer valid,God these idiots don't have a clue i rang up played bloody hell and they told me i would be covered till october then offered me a few crap deals to stay,I didn't of course if there so incompetant why go with them.I actually doubt i'm covered now got a good mind to pull a lead off and see if they come out.So my advice stay clear of the AA.
  • michaelwww
    Options
    I've used Clubcard points to pay for RAC cover for 15 years (and only called them out twice during that time).

As my renewal is due soon I just checked what this year's cost would be, only to find that they are now offering 25% off for new members only (that applies across all cover types).

So Tesco's loyalty card scheme is penalising loyalty!
  • Hard_food_for_midas
    Options
    2 cars to protect and we're not married. Got an old banger - R reg - about to take on a 1000 miles round trip, so need cover for it asap. Other car is 55 plate. AA renewal for two cars is £68 for road side assist. Is this best deal?
  • skydog
    skydog Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Only because it paid to change: renewal quote was much more than same cover for 'new' customer. Of course they offered to renew at the new member price, but couldn't do anything to match the TopCashBack offer from AA. This tracked within 2 days, so good deal. I'll probably go back to GEM as a new customer next year.
  • macphee70
    Options
    Im thinking of going with AutoAid, but Ive a couple of concrens, could someone please clear them up for me.

1. Do they use local garages
    2. if they do what happen if I breakdown at night when they are all shut?

Thank you
  • den169
    Options
    macphee70 wrote: »
    Im thinking of going with AutoAid, but Ive a couple of concrens, could someone please clear them up for me.

1. Do they use local garages
    2. if they do what happen if I breakdown at night when they are all shut?

Thank you
    Don't worry just like all breakdown companys they will have a list of recovery garages all over the country that work 24 hours a day.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Has anyone got any real-life experience of AutoAid ?
    Please post it here ....
    What bothers me - is - if I am forced to pay out - will Autoaid repay me quickly and in full ?
    is there any excess to pay ?
  • den169
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Has anyone got any real-life experience of AutoAid ?
    Please post it here ....
    What bothers me - is - if I am forced to pay out - will Autoaid repay me quickly and in full ?
    is there any excess to pay ?
    No excess very quick at paying out,Plenty posts on here praising Autoaid.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    den169 wrote: »
    No excess very quick at paying out,Plenty posts on here praising Autoaid.

Thanks - I will give them a try.......
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure