Car Breakdown Discussion

Options

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    michaelwww wrote: »
    I've used Clubcard points to pay for RAC cover for 15 years (and only called them out twice during that time).

As my renewal is due soon I just checked what this year's cost would be, only to find that they are now offering 25% off for new members only (that applies across all cover types).

So Tesco's loyalty card scheme is penalising loyalty!

No - "autorenewal" does though - always cancel your membership and start again as a new member EVERY year !!
  • horvtorszg
    Options
    I did not think they autorenewal cancel your membership and start again as a new member EVERY year !! because i use mopedinsurance.co.uk or mopedinsurance.co.uk they did not treat such way.
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    horvtorszg wrote: »
    I did not think they autorenewal cancel your membership and start again as a new member EVERY year !! because i use mopedinsurance.co.uk or mopedinsurance.co.uk they did not treat such way.

Most insurance companies nowadays - unfortunately use the autorenewal process to renew your insurance - legally they are allowed to - but I always ensure that they cancel this as soon as I take out any insurance...
    This really gets my goat - what right do they have to assume that I want ton stick with the same company ?
  • horvtorszg
    Options
    Hi 50Twuncle

thanks
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    This also allows you to get "cashback" from Quidco etc - because you are not renewing - you are a new customer !!
  • den169
    den169 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    This also allows you to get "cashback" from Quidco etc - because you are not renewing - you are a new customer !!

I don't think many companys will pay out on quidco to someone who has just cancelled.
  • 50Twuncle
    Options
    den169 wrote: »
    I don't think many companys will pay out on quidco to someone who has just cancelled.
    Greenflag does - 3 years running!
  • catmulogen
    Options
    Hi. I'm looking for breakdown cover for 2 people, driving different vehicles one of which is 5.6m in length. Tried RAC but they'll only cover up to 5.5m. Thanks for any help
    Life's too short for wasting on ifs and might have beens...........
  • Divingnorway
    Options
    Make sure that you check your vehicle is covered before signing up to Auto Aid. Our main family vehicle is a pickup truck. It suits our lifestyle...scuba diving, taking dogs for walks and similar activities where we don't want muddy or wet stuff in a comfortable main passenger cabin. AutoAid only cover cars and car derived vans, per their T&C's.
    I renewed cover with the AA, but following a phone call, at £50 less than the initial "25% Loyalty Discount" price they quoted on the renewal notice.
  • den169
    den169 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    catmulogen wrote: »
    Hi. I'm looking for breakdown cover for 2 people, driving different vehicles one of which is 5.6m in length. Tried RAC but they'll only cover up to 5.5m. Thanks for any help

Try Gem recovery email and ask them.They cover my Mazda pickup.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback