Royal Mail Surveys rewarded with Stamps.

Options

Comments

• Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If the item can't be posted on the requested day, it should be posted on the same day the following week but you are not asked to contact Kantar about it but just record posting in due course.

Here is the correct answer from their FAQs,
    "Please post on the same day of the following week before the last collection time at your chosen Post Box. Please ensure that you update the system with the amended date of posting."
  • dampsquib
    dampsquib Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    I posted a question in the previous forum about getting items on my schedule even when I'm away, in spite of giving them the required notice of my holiday. I've now been told that this was an error and to post them on my return on the same day of the week (etc, etc) per the normal missed posting rules.
    Bet I get a few overdue item reminders in the mean time though ....
    I find it interesting taking part in the survey though .... maybe I should get out more!:)
    The stamps come in very handy too!
  • dampsquib
    dampsquib Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    A main office is where the premises is just a post office, like the old ones that use to be in town centres, the sub post office is where such as Spar shop, news agents have a corner allocated to a post office unit.
    (thats the way I class mine as) xx

When we lost our Crown main Post Office, we acquired a mutli-counter post office in the back of a new shop. As it's big and has maybe 6 counters, I think of it as a main post office still, but I'm not sure if this is technically correct. I wonder how the Post Office defines main and sub?

Whilst I'm writing .... I'll have a moan.

The old Crown Post Office never let me down when I needed to use one of their more obscure services, but the new office has failed on several occassions. The wonderful new opening hours have gradually been nibbled away at too. And if you try to post a Special Delivery item after 12 on a Saturday, you are warned that it won't even go until Monday, so you then have to go over to the next town and post at a real Post Office. :mad:
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ^ There used to be certain things you couldn't do at a sub post office ie car tax, but not sure if that's changed. There are hardly any sub post offices around near me now though! Then the queues in the main post offices are so bad I only go in if I really have to.

Re the surveys, as handy as the stamps are I still find they are asking an awful lot for them - even though I am relatively new I am getting 3 going out at varying times and had 3 coming in this week. For anyone who has been doing this a while, is that average or will it increase even more??
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Kirri wrote: »
    ^ There used to be certain things you couldn't do at a sub post office ie car tax, but not sure if that's changed. There are hardly any sub post offices around near me now though! Then the queues in the main post offices are so bad I only go in if I really have to.

Re the surveys, as handy as the stamps are I still find they are asking an awful lot for them - even though I am relatively new I am getting 3 going out at varying times and had 3 coming in this week. For anyone who has been doing this a while, is that average or will it increase even more??

I find it depends on the mail, some weeks we get one to post, other weeks it 5 to post, once you get in the swing, it takes me 5 mins to set the weeks posting up and a minute to put it on, I guess its more just posting them, as were dog walkers not to bad.

I was sad and worked out at the prices at the mo the stamps are worth £9.40pm, once ur in the swing ur be fine.x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • missdrexie
    missdrexie Posts: 390 Forumite
    Options
    Applied to do this after seeing the thread on here 2 or 3 years ago, I have been accepted and got first 2 letters to post. Have read the FAQ online and the info with the pack and I am now confused. Online it says to stick the R0000 label to envelope but in the pack it says to stick it to the insert inside the envelope to post. Can someone please advise which is correct? Thanks in advance!
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    on the a4 piece of paper that has all the sticky bits of paper, on the right hand sticky is a piece of sticky - yours have R000 on it, that gets stuck on the insert piece of paper, on the left hand side this is the address panel, - some will have just surname and postcode, others will be the full address.

On your posting sheet, A4 typed piece of paper - the one that tells you what the posting info is, they will say label or written, - if its label then there will be a sticky label on the pull of stickers, written you pop the address.

For the first 3 or so weeks your be posting back to the office,

Hope it helps xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • missdrexie
    missdrexie Posts: 390 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the clear info mum2one! :T
  • yummymummy222
    Options
    [

Re the surveys, as handy as the stamps are I still find they are asking an awful lot for them - even though I am relatively new I am getting 3 going out at varying times and had 3 coming in this week. For anyone who has been doing this a while, is that average or will it increase even more??[/QUOTE]

You will find it varies each week sometimes it's 3 or more or just 1 letter to post. I recieve alot now though and it can be upto 8 letters a week it keeps my postman busy :rotfl:
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    Options
    [

You will find it varies each week sometimes it's 3 or more or just 1 letter to post. I recieve alot now though and it can be upto 8 letters a week it keeps my postman busy :rotfl:

I wonder if the postman notices, I only usually get freebies! You can virtually feel the SMARTS through the envelope too..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure