PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• foxyloxy11
    Options
    A cream Gisela graham jug 50p and a new with tags on fantashtic xmas mug for £1.

We have a charity shop challenge xmas pressie game with my dad and his wife so they'll do nicely for that :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pollycat/GreenBitterfly - totally agree about the pricing of books and everything else as well. If things are priced properly they will sell and a lot of the time be re-donated to sell again. We have a local hospice shop nearby that sells ladies clothes at £5 and £6 plus even Primark and supermarket brands (well they try to sell), the same hospice has a big furniture shop which prices the furniture, electricals, books and dvd's very sensibly which is odd.

I bought a beautiful skirt yesterday it is from H&M, a mix of purples in a sort of argyle tweed, wool blend, fully lined, a line, it has some grey in and I think it will look fab with my grey speckled tights, docs and a grey jumper and also long boots. I paid £3 for it.

I also bought the following (heaven help me :D)

Next Denim Jacket - faded mid wash £3.99
    Topshop black edge to edge cardigan with silver metallic thread and ruched pockets £2.79
    M&S plain black long and wide scarf with a fringe, feels like cashmere but is actually acrylic £1.99
    George boys combat trousers £1.49
    TU Navy blue 3/4 sleeve jumper with Amour knitted into it in red £3.99.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I bought a beautiful skirt yesterday it is from H&M, a mix of purples in a sort of argyle tweed, wool blend, fully lined, a line, it has some grey in and I think it will look fab with my grey speckled tights, docs and a grey jumper and also long boots. I paid £3 for it.
    The skirt sounds fab.
    Apparently tartan & checks are so this season. :D
    Your style sounds very similar to mine.
    dolly84 wrote: »
    TU Navy blue 3/4 sleeve jumper with Amour knitted into it in red £3.99.

Just checking - did it really have armour knitted into it (are you going jousting?) or are you the victim of predictive text? :)
  • Pollycat
    Options
    I've just re-read dolly84's post and realised what a dimwit I am. :rotfl:

I'm going to leave my post as it is

That will teach me to read things properly.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,165 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A lovely haul today from Worcester/St Johns.

White Stuff lilac top

White Stuff tunic, dark green with small white dots

Boden cashmere pink cardigan - brand new with tags - £15!

Golf GTI t shirt for sons or me
  • Fiftynotout
    Options
    Pure wool coat today for £6. Well pleased
  • Potternerd
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I've just re-read dolly84's post and realised what a dimwit I am. :rotfl:

I'm going to leave my post as it is

That will teach me to read things properly.
    I read it as armour too😄😄
  • Pollycat
    Options
    Potternerd wrote: »
    I read it as armour too😄😄
    Glad I'm not the only one.
    I've made an urgent appointment at Specsavers.....:rotfl:

Anyway, had a good day yesterday.
    Per Una mid blue & white striped short sleeved unfitted dress, not definite stripes - more fuzzy.
    It is just above knee length and has side pockets, very casual, good for opaque tights and ankle boots.
    It has 17% linen in it so a nice feel. Slightly expensive (for me :o) at £4.00 from our hospice shop.
    Perfect for Saturday afternoons in the pub. :D

And in my favourite Air Ambulance shop:
    A Per Una semi-casual hooded coat in a pale brown 100% cotton.
    It has hints of trench-coat with straps/buckles round the sleeves, a back flap across the shoulders and a belt with waist belt loops. Looks very little worn, a tiny shirt button sized mark at the back just above the hem, hoping that will come out but no big deal if it doesn't.
    £1.00

A Wallis all-in-one pinafore dress/blouse - looks like 2 items in a black & white patterned lycra and white chiffon-ish long-sleeved blouse but all in one. Slit pockets in the front, just above knee length. Perfect with opaque tights and ankle boots.
    £1.00

Coat is just about due out of the washing machine.
  • DianneB
    DianneB Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2017 at 9:12AM
    Options
    Trying not to buy as moving house but was drawn into my nearest CS yesterday and couldn't resist a vintage pure wool check blanket for £5 in lovely autumn colours.
    Slightly bitter
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Options
    DianneB wrote: »
    Trying not to buy as moving house but was drawn into my nearest CS yesterday and couldn't resist a vintage pure wool check blanket for £5 in lovely autumn colours.

This sounds lovely. You can use the blanket to wrap stuff in when moving so clearly a necessary purchase.
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport