PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Working_and_Scheming
    Options
    A heart shaped grey ceramic photo frame £1.
  • 1of3
    1of3 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    A light throw over rain jacket for DD for £2
    NOT BUYING IT 2018!

Consumerism is.....buying things you don't need with money you don't have to impress people you don't know and probably wouldn't like even if you did know them.
  • MadelinesMum
    Options
    sweetpea26 wrote: »
    Some great finds :)

Yesterday had to go on business to a large market town and called in to a shop I hadn't been in for years. A large heavy bed cover had just been 'put out' chocolate/caramel with green modern floral decoration. Lady said you wont have to wash that but I decided to anyway :) It is massive but I have a large washing machine. Washed like a ribbon and whilst I hung it on the line I saw a label 'Bedeck' !!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited. It is gorgeous and its going on my bed today. I paid £6 for it :)

Lovely - that would be £150+ new. I always look out for bedding as some of the older stuff is great quality.

I went to Gillingham today and didn't buy anything :( The shops were a similar price to my locals (Dover). £3.50 for a faded George t-shirt, so didn't bother to look around much.
    I must remember that "Money Saving" is not buying heavily discounted items that I do not need. :hello:
  • Westywoodpecker
    Options
    Today I bought a lovely hand painted plate for £1 and a burnt orange Jaeger top for £2.50. Not worn Jaeger before :D
    Now thanks to Tommix & Queen Bear, now Lady Westy of Woodpecker :)
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    sweetpea26 wrote: »
    Some great finds :)

Yesterday had to go on business to a large market town and called in to a shop I hadn't been in for years. A large heavy bed cover had just been 'put out' chocolate/caramel with green modern floral decoration. Lady said you wont have to wash that but I decided to anyway :) It is massive but I have a large washing machine. Washed like a ribbon and whilst I hung it on the line I saw a label 'Bedeck' !!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited. It is gorgeous and its going on my bed today. I paid £6 for it :)

A great day's shopping :)

Oooh lucky you! Whenever we visit the KVillage in Kendal I drool over the bedding in the Bedeck outlet. An outlet it may be but it's certainly not cheap! It would be my dream come true if I spotted something like your find in a CS!
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • madelaine
    madelaine Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    This week i got two dresses, one a maxi chiffon one, label Laetitia Rosa priced at £2.40, also a nice shift style dress by Storm, that was priced at £2.00, I was charged £3.40 for both, so was really pleased.

I have four holidays booked, two for this year and two for next year, If i didn't buy most of my clothes from Charity shops, i probably, couldn't afford the holidays.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,909 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    madelaine wrote: »
    This week i got two dresses, one a maxi chiffon one, label Laetitia Rosa priced at £2.40, also a nice shift style dress by Storm, that was priced at £2.00, I was charged £3.40 for both, so was really pleased.

I have four holidays booked, two for this year and two for next year, If i didn't buy most of my clothes from Charity shops, i probably, couldn't afford the holidays.

I love the fact that when I go away most of the clothes contents of my case are charity shop bargains. If my case went missing and never re-appeared I wouldn't have lost much in monetary terms!

Today's bargain was a floaty top in various shades of dark pink, it was on display in the community shop for £2.80 last week....I resisted then as I had a feeling it might end up on the half price rail eventually. Today it did :T
  • rchj4
    rchj4 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My most recent find a couple of days ago was a handknitted mohair cardigan . It's a lovely turquoise colour with touches of pink , pretty buttons & cost £1. It'll be great for when the really cold weather comes. I guess it's probably quite vintage , like me !!!

I'm always on the look out for handknits in CSs . I'm very aware of the time & cost involved in making these garments . Also they usually wash & wear really well.
  • sillyinthepast
    Options
    Well I only popped into the pdsa one today as the children were having hair cuts next door. I found a lovely scarf for £2.45. When I got home I saw the label which said the white company cashmere and its this one
    http://www.thewhitecompany.com/clothing/scarves-and-accessories/cashmere-knitted-scarf--silver-grey-marl/

£125!!!!!! Very very pleased with my find now
    £370/£300 April challenge :T:T
  • Working_and_Scheming
    Options
    M&S shorts as new £1.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts