Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    I was listening to Radio 2 Jeremy Vine show on 3/12/14, and he was having a right fit about it still being called the Autumn statement when we were in winter. He repeated his complaint about 5 times. I was waiting throughout the piece for somebody to tap him on the shoulder or scribble a quick note and say "Psst Jezza, it is still the Autumn!".

Mart.
    If it was the third of December then he was absolutely correct to call it "winter". Not so sure it was worth telling folk that 5 times though :D
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Waywardmike
    Waywardmike Posts: 201 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Another pretty good month for Feb... 227.27kWh...

This puts me at 116% of PVGIS for the month so happy days...

Will be interesting to see how the averages over the years pan out as it's consistently performing better than expected. :)
    4 Kwp System, South Facing, 35 Degree Pitch, 16 x 250W Solarworld Panels, SMA Sunnyboy 3600 Inverter, Installed 02/09/14 in Sunny South Bedford - £5600
    Growatt AC Coupled SPA3000tl and 6.5kWh battery Installed Apr 2022
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,806 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    EricMears wrote: »
    If it was the third of December then he was absolutely correct to call it "winter". Not so sure it was worth telling folk that 5 times though :D

Eric, you wouldn't happen to be a weatherman would you? Perhaps we can lock you in a room with an astronomer/scientist and see who previals. ;)

Generation here is still good, not perfect, but solid day. I probably still won't top the O chart, but hopefully lots of k's W's and h's in the bag.

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Eric, you wouldn't happen to be a weatherman would you? Perhaps we can lock you in a room with an astronomer/scientist and see who previals.
    Absolutely not !

A simple knowledge of O level geography is all it takes to know what season it ought to be on any particular date.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • mac2008
    mac2008 Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Not posted in months but just noticed I've broken 10kWh at just after 3pm today. Not bad!

http://wattson.energyhive.com/dashboard/macsenergy
    My PV system: South West England, 10x 250Wp Trina Solar panels, Fronius Inverter, South facing roof, 35° pitch with no shading.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,405 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mac2008 wrote: »
    Not posted in months but just noticed I've broken 10kWh at just after 3pm today. Not bad!

http://wattson.energyhive.com/dashboard/macsenergy

Mac, did you buy the £29.99 box from Energyhive? Did you need anything other than the Wattson and the Energyhive box to display the online dashboard?
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • mac2008
    mac2008 Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Mac, did you buy the £29.99 box from Energyhive? Did you need anything other than the Wattson and the Energyhive box to display the online dashboard?

Yes, and no additional hardware other than wattson required. Little box plugs into network port on router and off you go. Don't have to make data public if you don't want to either. very reliable apart from the 40W registered overnight which my wattson display doesn't register.
    My PV system: South West England, 10x 250Wp Trina Solar panels, Fronius Inverter, South facing roof, 35° pitch with no shading.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    3.51 O's (13.95 kWh) in a very hit and miss day. More spikes on the graph than a hedgehog! Stiil its above average required so cannot complain.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• groovyf
    groovyf Posts: 286 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 2 March 2015 at 6:45PM
    Options
    Clearly everyone's Wattson transmitters are more reliable than mine! I had a replacement sent out, and just today it's gone the way of the other one... errant reading of an extra 300W or so usage. Unplug the cable from unit and it still thinks I'm using 300W.
    Maybe it simply doesn't like being powered by batteries outside in the meter wall cupboard.

Am asking for a refund on it, which means I'll have a Wattson Anywhere to sell.

(or maybe I'll just set the dashboard to "Generation only" and live with it, as I know what my appliances draw, and at least I can check the solar generation online - which was my main reason for purchase).
    4kWp system (Feb 2014) : 1.5 SW, 2.5 NE (16x Bisol BMO/250, Aurora Power-One UNO PVI-3.6 Inverter : pvoutput.org/list.jsp?id=29935
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    3.51 O's (13.95 kWh) in a very hit and miss day. More spikes on the graph than a hedgehog! Stiil its above average required so cannot complain.

Same score here. We've had sleet, snow, hail and even a period of near darkness around 11am as a thunderstorm passed over.

Still managed the best day of 2015 though :T

4.19 O's (16.41 kWh)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport