Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,890 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The day turned out quite well. smiley-gen125.gif

Reached a better total than I had hoped yesterday but after seeing how it started I could have made another half an O or more.

Still producing @ 0.137 Kwh but over bar the shouting.

3.03 O's Best total of the year by 1.5 Kwh. smiley-gen013.gif

Now at 101 % Of PVGIS Estimate with 7 days to go! smiley-gen163.gif
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• 1961Nick
    1961Nick Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A reasonable 1.78 O's - although that's currently in the spoon spot.
    4kWp (black/black) - Sofar Inverter - SSE(141°) - 30° pitch - North Lincs
    Installed June 2013 - PVGIS = 3400
    Sofar ME3000SP Inverter & 5 x Pylontech US2000B Plus & 3 x US2000C Batteries - 19.2kWh
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 January 2015 at 5:38PM
    Options
    1961Nick wrote: »
    A reasonable 1.78 O's - although that's currently in the spoon spot.

:rotfl: Too right........:D

Out of the woods with 2 O's for today.......smiley-laughing021.gif.....coffee.gif

Edit: Think Leggo may struggle to exceed 1.5 O's....smiley-laughing021.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Just logged in remotely to get my figures. I was told by PM that failure to update was not an option. Have to agree ;)

Finished up with 2.22 O's (8.7kWh)
  • Oscargrouch
    Options
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    Just logged in remotely to get my figures. I was told by PM that failure to update was not an option. Have to agree ;)

Finished up with 2.22 O's (8.7kWh)

Nha, Nhaa, not buying that; was that off your inverter as opposed to Wattson? Because your Wattson gives you less than 2 O's......:eek::eek:
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,579 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: Too right........:D

Out of the woods with 2 O's for today.......smiley-laughing021.gif.....coffee.gif

Edit: Think Leggo may struggle to exceed 1.5 O's....smiley-laughing021.gif

Nah:D made 1.52 O's today...still in wooden spoon territory tho:eek:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Nha, Nhaa, not buying that; was that off your inverter as opposed to Wattson? Because your Wattson gives you less than 2 O's......:eek::eek:

Yes, I always take readings off the inverter as Wattson is always out by about 10%.
  • Oscargrouch
    Options
    Yes, I always take readings off the inverter as Wattson is always out by about 10%.

OMG, you could be giving wrong readings then! My Inverter is often way out from my Gen. Meter. I will post the morrow what my inverter reckons I've done, compared to GM.....:eek::D...coffee.gif
    Read my signature on O's; dear oh dear....;)....:rotfl:

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,579 Forumite
    Options

My inverter reads 1% higher than true generation.....now if I'd used mine:idea:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yesterday finished with a reasonable 7.332 kWh / 1.833 ho's, pleased with that.

Today, sun was up early and very bright (drove to Peterborough twice (for work!)) and witnessed 2 near crashes due to people not being able to see the road (A47). Driving into the sun and the suns' reflection from the damp road from overnight frost meant 2 suns, hard work!!

Be careful out there...!!

oh, today's numbers... 8.082 kWh / 2.02 ho's. Nice.
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback