We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,601 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »
    Safe here then....1.22 O's today or 4.9kWh:)

Meant to say

Would an optiplug show it?

Or even a wireless optimmersion

Ain't even been to the pub yet:beer:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    legoman62 wrote: »

Meant to say

Would an optiplug show it?

Or even a wireless optimmersion

Ain't even been to the pub yet:beer:

Ah, yes, I forgot about those products. Anyone here use one? Am I right in thinking the opti unit's are on/off devices, rather than proportional controllers?

Yet? :beer::beer::beer:
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Very busy so just an update. 1.09 O's here today

Enjoying the banter on the thread.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• countryman_2
    Options
    Turned half decent later so squeezed 1.16 O's today.....
    4kw PV fitted 4th July 2014 (Green Energy NW £5600). WSW facing, 30 deg Pitch, Unshaded, Samil Solar River inverter, 16 Solar World Mono panels, Iboost on Immersion Heater. located in mid Lincolnshire.
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another 1.2 O`s far North :D
    Looking forward to longer, brighter days.
    My install was end of last Feb, made about £610 so far in FiT payments. Happy with that!
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Scraped a ho today, 1.056.

That'll do pig, that'll do!
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SSW did 0.3 O's, other 2 I'm not posting then I don't get the spoon 2 days runningsmiley-laughing021.gif

Oh to hell with it

WNW 0.12 O's
    ESE Zilch(still snow covered) at least it shows my home is well insulated
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 January 2015 at 12:00AM
    Options
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    I see our energyhive dashboards have had an update again today - I wonder how "diverted power" will be calculated? Surely this would need another clamp?

Correction; should be 'Wattson Anywhere Dashboard'. They are two different systems, both hosted by energyhive.

I do use an optiplug, and it does show, there is no need for any further clamps whatsoever. The Wattson/Holmes/Optimmersion/and others; work fine through the transmitters, with no current reason for change. Think you need to be more specific; example: when you refer to energyhive, I look at my energyhive dashboard, not the Wattson at Home Dashboard. With the standard Energyhive, solar is not fully supported. Think you need to understand how to use the report functions on both, then you will get a grasp.....smiley-laughing021.gif

1.2 O's today.....coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Think you need to understand how to use the report functions on both, then you will get a grasp.....smiley-laughing021.gif

I've got a feeling I see an entirely different view to you. There are no report functions on my dashboard - and neither will the energyhive dashboard work for me, just the wattson one. I think this is part of their upcoming plan to offer two tiers of account maybe?

I apologise the confusion, it's because I haven't had the kit long and didn't buy it through wattson or DIY koyoto, I purchased the hub straight from energyhive and added it to my existing wattson kit. Will be more specific in future.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Andy_WSM wrote: »
    I've got a feeling I see an entirely different view to you. There are no report functions on my dashboard - and neither will the energyhive dashboard work for me, just the wattson one. I think this is part of their upcoming plan to offer two tiers of account maybe?

I apologise the confusion, it's because I haven't had the kit long and didn't buy it through wattson or DIY koyoto, I purchased the hub straight from energyhive and added it to my existing wattson kit. Will be more specific in future.

No apology needed Andy; below is what the Energyhive Dashboard should look like when you are signed in to it. The report function is the 3rd tab along the top. Perhaps you need to give them a bell (energyhive) and they will sort it for you.

mcyejs.jpg
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure