PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Thai food!!

Comments

• TKP_3
    TKP_3 Posts: 522 Forumite
    LOL - cross posting...
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate! :)
  • likabu_2
    likabu_2 Posts: 408 Forumite
    Monosodium glutamate (msg) - Ajinomoto, 250g pkt
    sm584t.jpg
    <FONT size=-1>
    <FONT face=Arial>A pinch of monosodium glutamate can enhance the natural flavour of many dishes. The quantity used in Thia food is usually less than in Chinese food. Ref: sm584

Price: £0.95 [SIZE=-2]Including VAT at 17.5%[/SIZE]

:eek:

Lisa
    Brassic!
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    We both love Thai food, but we tend to go on an occasional shopping expedition to the Asian supermarkets in Chinatown, Manchester to get our goodies.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • It seems very reasonably priced and delivery isn't over the top.......might give them a go.

Thanks for the link.
  • siaoeh
    siaoeh Posts: 282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    have used them a few times, never had any problems. in fact, I would rate their customer service highly. once had 2 dented tinned rambutans , sent them email and they refunded me with no questions asked! :D and in case anyone wants to know, their ground chilli and garlic in oil gives an absolute killer kick! tiny tiny bit goes a long long way. great curry pastes and instant noodles too. :p
  • vixtress
    vixtress Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i have been eating hot and sour chicken soup almost everyday (have another pan full on the stove even as i type) its so easy and delicious.

i am also a fan of thai curry but its a bit too fattening

has anyone got any tried and tested thai style favorites?

i have a fairly good storecupboad
    any recipes gratefully received
    vix x
    threadbanner.gif
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge £150 136/150
  • Fish sauce + lime juice (or lemon) + a bit of sugar = lovely thai salad dressing!
  • Oooo Vixtress, do you have a recipe? My friend and I always goto the local thai restaurant and he orders it every time, loves it! Would be good to pass a recipe on

Thanks
  • Thai Green Curry and Noodles

1 can Coconut milk
    2tbsp thai green curry paste
    Dried noodles, cooked according to package instructions, rinsed under cold water and drained.
    Vegetables - I sometimes use a pack of stir fry veg, otherwise just a mixture of whatever I've got.

Briefly stir fry the veg in either a couple of sprays of oil or a couple of teaspoons of oil. Add the coconut milk and the thai curry paste, stir and bring to the boil, add the cooked noodles and heat through. Serve in bowls with prawn crackers on the side,

It can be a bit messy to eat, but is cheap and delicious.
    By the way I buy the boxes of uncooked prawn crackers in homebargains for 29p and just fry them as I want them, each box does about 4 meals.
  • rygon
    rygon Posts: 748 Forumite
    stir fries!!!!

beef sliced up with a little bit of black pepper. fry with spring onions and a bell pepper (and any other veg you have ..carrots, sweet peas, green beans etc). add a mixture of 2parts soy sauce, 1 part rice vinegar, 1 part cornflower, garlic and ginger. Pour over the meat/onion mixture and stir quickly and continuously. add noodles to the wok which have been cooked for 2mins (boil water, take off heat and add noodles). and serve
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure