Forum Home» Mortgage-Free Wannabe

Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off! - Page 96

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!

edited 21 November 2016 at 5:06PM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
3K replies 205.7K views

Replies

• CrumpetsCrumpets Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Madvix,

I've been reading through your diary over the last few weeks and have finally finished! It's very inspiring and I particularly like your environmental stance which is something that I'm very passionate about.

Sorry to hear about you car failing it's MOT

I'll be subscribing and following the rest of your journey
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • themadvixthemadvix Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    :o:o Oh Crumpets, I don't know what to say - I can't believe you've put up with my waffle (and massive hiatus in the middle) for 48 pages! (Although I do love reading a diary from the beginning, but I didn't think mine would be of interest!!)

The environmental vs moneysaving thing is tricky at times. I'm sure it saves me money in lots of ways, but also costs more in others.
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    On another note - I've just heard that the local council will be giving us a grant of £2k towards the Guide hut project! :T I'm rather chuffed as this is entirely down to me and puts us a quarter of the way to our target! :D (Just need to chivvy everyone else along with contributing now... hmm)
  • Busy_Mee1Busy_Mee1 Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Fab news on the. Guide hut grant. Well done - we are big fans of guiding, my daughter went right through from Rainbows to being a young leader and now runs a Rainbows group herself.

I like to have using up sessions myself, I have just reduced the jars in the fridge to a much tidier few.

There was a nice recipe on Celebrity Bake Off that used cream - blueberry and lemonade scones. Looked and sounded delicious and would freeze well I think. You could also use your cream cheese in a baked risotto. I do bacon and leek ( Good Food recipe), but you could make it more veggie.
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Busy Mee :) I'm feeling rather pleased with myself and have also had feedback from someone about a potential fundraiser too, so fingers crossed it all comes together.

Good thinking about baked risotto - we've got squash in, so it was on the plan anyway - will have to think about how to meld with the baked bit (normally baked tomato risotto in this house). Thanks!
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry folks, you must be fed up with this thread at the top of the page, but just had to share that I've won a pair of tickets to a comedy night next Saturday at the local theatre! :D Only entered on a whim (i.e. didn't check the date or anything) - so very pleased to have won! (Haven't ever actually been to a comedy night before....)

I'm having a very good day today! :D:D:D
  • try_hardertry_harder Forumite
    989 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Yes very well done themadvix what a great achievement.

Blueberry and lemonade scones , sounds delicious
  • newgirlynewgirly Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news on both the guide hut and the free tickets! You are on fire this week :T
    MFW 67

2021 £2883.78/£16,400
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    35.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    themadvix wrote: »
    Feeling very virtuous (and MSE and better for the environment). In efforts not to waste any of the leftovers from the weekend, I'm desperately trying to use up the last of the cream. ... and even had little bit in my porridge this morning
    Before I read this properly, I thought you were still talking about mozzarella water :rotfl:
    DH removed all his money from bookie accounts last night (he'd taken most out when he stopped MBing, but left some in the good bookies) - another £230 found. :T Once they've come in he'll sort out the a/c switch.
    Fantastic :j
    The environmental vs moneysaving thing is tricky at times. I'm sure it saves me money in lots of ways, but also costs more in others.
    Yeah, they don't always go in sync by any means, do they, thats why its so great when they do.
    Sorry folks, you must be fed up with this thread at the top of the page, but just had to share that I've won a pair of tickets to a comedy night next Saturday at the local theatre! :D Only entered on a whim (i.e. didn't check the date or anything) - so very pleased to have won! (Haven't ever actually been to a comedy night before....)

I'm having a very good day today! :D:D:D
    Yes you are :j:j:j thats great!
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
    Not counting this! 2020
    Garden fencing completed, woohoo 2021
  • CrumpetsCrumpets Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Well done on the guide hut and the tickets win. Another fan of girl guiding here, I have one dd in Brownies and one in Guides, and they absolutely love it. Very appreciative of all the volunteers who put in so much effort :j:T
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18