2:2 Grad Jobs!?!?

Maybe theres somebody here in the same boat as me

...so here goes

If anybody knows any grad scheme recruiters still accepting applicants and accept a 2:2 then please post them here. My plans have changed, want a grad job, though no idea what i want to do, so will apply for almost anything at this moment. I graduated in Marketing if that helps, and with a 2:2 obviously.

Thanks.

Comments

• janine22
    janine22 Posts: 170 Forumite
    Lidl and Netto used to accept 2:2 degrees for their Graduate Scheme, my OH was offered a job at Lidl with his 2:2 (following a lengthy application process).

A word of warning though, retail grad schemes place you in management, but long hours eg. 12 hour days (unpaid overtime) and very hard work is expected. Lidl has a bad reputation as an employer and you would be expected to relocate as and when it suits them. Money is good though with co. car (Audi A4 if I remember rightly)
  • "Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone, and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering"
  • I'm kind of in the same boat as I've got a three year degree and many graduate schemes want honours. Looks like they're all supermarkets though! Think I'll just keep looking for jobs in my field.
  • janine22
    janine22 Posts: 170 Forumite
    Prospects is good get their email alerts.

Aldi very much like Lidl and Netto (wage & benefits v. similar too), but I think they've upped the requirement to a 2:1 (OH was turned down without interview, & he had 9 yrs of retail experience!)

They pay well but they want blood and sweat for it!
  • Perhaps look at good local firms in your area that aren't national. Just because a firm is a national one doesn't mean to say it treats its employees well and many medium sized firms have good conditions of service. Firms which are locally based tend to welcome local people to work for them rather than outsiders who don't have a commitment to the local area.
  • Karnam
    Karnam Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    are you looking specifically at graduate training schemes?

it might be worth just looking for a job in the industry you want and working up rather than focusing specifically on graduate schemes. these are generally high competition and almost always 2.1>

you might not get special treatment as a grad but you will certainly be able to prove your mentle beyond your 2.2 grade.
    :A Boots Tart :A
  • studentphil
    studentphil Posts: 37,640 Forumite
    You will find more choice and stand better chances outside of grad schemes to be fair.

Grad schemes are a waste of time given the number of applications.
    :beer:
  • jenny_f
    jenny_f Posts: 905 Forumite
    NHS grad scheme requires a 2:2
  • What is a graduate scheme, such as the ones mentioned here? Thanks.
    Student MoneySaving Club member 017!
  • si1503
    si1503 Posts: 551 Forumite
    Grad schemes are a waste of time given the number of applications.
    Not at all!!!

Get on the right grad scheme with the right company and you can be earning big money within a couple of years not to mention all of the training you get!

I'm getting on a decent grad programme no matter what!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure