Cheapest Broadband Provider Discussion

Options

Comments

• deekay_3
    Options
    Been with PlusNet for 2 years now - well worth looking at them in their entirety, can't fault them AND get an incoming 0870 fax number thrown in.
  • Samara_2-2
    Options
    Totalise has a good deal on at the moment for broadband users who switch to their service via the migration process. You get 4 months free, no migration costs, free domain name, 2Mb speed and for £17.99 a month. When you add in the four months free, the yearly cost is £143.92. Not a bad deal at all! More information found here: http://www.totalise.co.uk/broadband/switch.asp

Cheers, Samara
  • Christophe121
    Options
    I note that Wanadoo did not feature and wondered why as I signed with them from your previous reccomendations and have updated our package recently to include evening and w/e calls from our landline, they also still don't seem to be able to restrict the downloads which we thought would have happened by now!
    Good news for us still paying the lowest priced 1Meg service without restrictions.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    F2S - Freedom 2 Surf - is the one - as said - £14.99 for 2.2Mbps and a 2GB limit - fantastic!
  • Allexie
    Allexie Posts: 3,460 Forumite
    Options
    I am suprised that e7even didn't get a mention as their uncapped 512kbps service currently works out cheaper than all but efh. Plus they include free .co.uk registration and hosting plus a static ip address. They also have very good support and if you wait they tend to have very good special offers regularly too !
    I have been a happy user for 7 months !

Another happy e7even person of 18 months standing here.

Just taken up their offer (to existing users) of six months uncapped 512 kbps service for £45 (£7.50 per month) :D
    ♥♥♥ Genius - 1% inspiration and 99% doing what your mother told you. ♥♥♥

• Tight_wod
    Options
    The broadband market seems to be hotting up so a major consideration is NOT to get locked into one provider for too long. Most demand 12 months !

I've been looking around to move to broadband from dialup and it seems to me that Virgin offer the best deal here as there is not contract term, they connect you for free, provide a free modem and offer 512k and 3Gb per month for £17.99 if you sign up before the end of March. Please correct me if I've missed any catches but I can't see them. If nothing else its worth it just to get your line upgraded and free modem, then switch after a month no?

Also if you are already using broadband then adsl4less.com is worth considering as they offer 512k with no limits for £14.99 a month and again you are only wedded to them for one month, if something better comes along then off you can go!!

Ball and chains is so yesterday !
  • Hemlock
    Hemlock Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone tell me their experiences with Beaming Telecom Broadband; good, bad or indifferent?
    It's not the cheapest, but I am looking for reliability plus IPStreaming.
    I have looked on the ADSL guide site, but Beaming doesn't seem to be listed among the more popular Broadband providers.
    I shall be leaving Tiscali shortly and realize I have to manage with a OneTel backup dial up connection for a couple of weeks!! or so.
    Any history or info on Beaming would be welcome.
    Thanks
    ML :T
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
    Douglas Adams
    :)
  • cokey
    cokey Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I have to echo a lot of the comments already published. Customer service when choosing an ISP is equally as important as the price in my opinion.

After weighing up many of the providers, I moved from Pipex to Plusnet and have found their customer service excellent. Any problems are usually answered the same day, sometimes within a couple of hours.
  • unclekim
    Options
    tiscali are rubbish they closed my account after they changed their terms and conditions because they said l was downloading too much and now l cant get them off my line to install a new isp, account closed 7/02/05 and they sais 10 days to remove their marker from telephone line it is still here today and l am reduced to dial up for the internet after repeated calls to high charge telephone number they now admit my account is closed but still hav'nt removed the marker so l can get an new isp which will be pipiex 1mb for £23.44pm tiscali's help line is in india so you have to speak to someone their and they only go by thier info on the computer that tells them how to fix thing parrot fashion l would not advise anyone to use tiscali look on some of the fourm sites like the scream to see what they are like
  • diesel19740
    Options
    ive been with ntl for 3 years & phoned them to complain that tiscali was cheaper,they 1st offerd me 2MB for £24.99,but i told them to beat tiscali or i would leave & they offerd me it for £8.99 for 1 MB BARGAIN !!!!
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure