Email address for Thames Water complaints

Options
Callie22
Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Hi

Does anybody have an email address for Thames Water complaints that will actually garner a response? They've managed to completely mess up my billing and although I believe it's sorted now, I've been seriously unimpressed by the way it's been handled. I'd very much like to get some kind of formal acknowledgement that a) they screwed up and b) that they're very sorry, just in case they haven't actually closed this problem and it all blows up again.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• caramel_syrup
    Options
    Callie22 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anybody have an email address for Thames Water complaints that will actually garner a response? They've managed to completely mess up my billing and although I believe it's sorted now, I've been seriously unimpressed by the way it's been handled. I'd very much like to get some kind of formal acknowledgement that a) they screwed up and b) that they're very sorry, just in case they haven't actually closed this problem and it all blows up again.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yes try the email above. It seems that you have contacted them before, is it in writing? If so, you might be entitled to receive GSS penalty payment of £20 + late payment of £10 if it has not been actioned: http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/consumerissues/rightsresponsibilities/standards/.

When you complain, make sure you copy in other emails as well to prove that it goes through. Thames Water has an automated acknowledgement but that doesn't always work. If it goes through to other emails then Thames cannot say they haven't received your email.

Just speaking from my experience with Thames Fiasco, they are a bunch of idiots, not only the normal Customer Relations Officers but also their managers. I managed to prove that they did not respond to my billing queries and written complaints on a few occasions, and I complaint to Ofwat. Guess what, I got more than £100 as a result of their incompetence!

Drop me a message if you require some help on your complaint email - happy to help others as I had been in your shoes before! X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure