My Nightmare ESA - Does the left know what the right is doing

Options

Comments

• Ellejmorgan
    Ellejmorgan Posts: 1,487 Forumite
    Options
    anguk wrote: »
    So true. And the thing that really annoys me is that everyone ends up tarred with the same brush, not just by the public but by the DWP and ATOS also. :mad:

We haven't heard anything about my OH being transferred over to ESA yet but if he ends up in the wrong group I'll fight for him if I have to. He's an amputee, he's got one leg and one hand, kidney failure needing dialysis in hospital 3 days a week and numerous other health problems.

My OH isn't going to get better, he's going to get worse, none of his conditions are time limited (with the exception maybe of kidney failure, he could possibly get a transplant but he's been suspended on the list for the last 2 years because he's not well enough for the operation even if he was lucky enough to be matched).

It's bad enough battling daily with your health without having to battle with the very people who are supposed to be there to help you. I'm really not looking forward to his transfer but I'm a fighter and I'll fight for him if they don't put him in the correct group. And it's not about the money, it's about doing the right thing.

There's some type of kidney treatment which should entitle him to the support group and exempt him from medicals..i'm pretty sure i'm right..

I also have a bad back, am crippled down one half of my body on the right side, have disk gone in lower back, and another in my neck..righ arm and leg kill me..already had two ops and need a third, have arthritis in my spine too am also a lone parent
    Would love the government to suggest a career for me instead of the WRAG as can't sit for even half hour let alone anything else..can't even make a cuppa..on 70mcg morphine...
    Am only 33
    I always take the moral high ground, it's lovely up here...
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    There's some type of kidney treatment which should entitle him to the support group and exempt him from medicals..i'm pretty sure i'm right..

I also have a bad back, am crippled down one half of my body on the right side, have disk gone in lower back, and another in my neck..righ arm and leg kill me..already had two ops and need a third, have arthritis in my spine too am also a lone parent
    Would love the government to suggest a career for me instead of the WRAG as can't sit for even half hour let alone anything else..can't even make a cuppa..on 70mcg morphine...
    Am only 33
    I thought if you're on haemodialysis like my OH (hooked up to a machine in hospital) you don't have to have a medical but you can still be put in the work-related group? But I'm not sure, it could be the other way round you still need a medical but you're put in the support group? I find it all very confusing to be honest.

I'm sorry to hear about your medical problems, so many people with so many problems and they're having to fight with DWP and ATOS too. :( Do they take into account the effects medication have on you? I know when my husband has been on high painkiller doses he's been fit for nothing, you couldn't even have a conversation with him because he would just drift off mid-sentence!
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • HB58
    HB58 Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    Options
    "I thought if you're on haemodialysis like my OH (hooked up to a machine in hospital) you don't have to have a medical but you can still be put in the work-related group?"

I think you are correct.
  • Ellejmorgan
    Options
    I struggle and don't have much help kids dad is worse than useless,
    Am up for another medical soon, they changed the date as i want it recording..now they are obliged to do that..
    They are a nightmare to deal with and try to catch you out..even how you travel to Atos is noted..
    They are trying to get people off the WRAG as well, being in the WRAG doesn't mean he's got to work..i've been in the WRAG for 3 years and been pretty much left alone..
  • fogartyblue.
    fogartyblue. Posts: 482 Forumite
    Options
    They are a nightmare to deal with and try to catch you out..even how you travel to Atos is noted..

Why would you think that if you told them the truth?
  • Chrissiew
    Chrissiew Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    I wasnt called in for a WCA they went on my doctors report and last IB medical, which was a few years ago, I always thought they destroyed records after so many years but that mustnt be the case.

I can only imagine how stressful the interview would be and from reading some of the posts on here they write the total opposite of the truth, a few posters obtained the report and said it was like they were talking about other people as the report was so far from the truth it was unbelievable.

Hopefully now recording of the medicals are allowed things will get better, although video recording would be even better as if it came to the tribunal stage those who were in pain, or could barely walk would have the proof instead of relying on the word of some care assistant who is doing what he/she has been told to do.
    not all on benefits are scroungers and don't need to be bullied!
  • Ellejmorgan
    Options
    Because they don't want anyone on benefit, they are employed to get us off it.
    Have had lots of surgery to back up claim, can't even have physio because I need another op..
    If it was designed to be easy wouldn't they just speak to docs or take their word for it.No because they want it to be tougher than that..

Ironically I know someone who had died and was given money, work that one out..
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options

Am only 33

I really thing you need to be dead within 6 months to get into the support group, sure its to meet their numbers!

i'm the same have to pop morphine to tablets and top up with liquid as and when, and same as you lone parent, my daughter has to put my socks on for me..
    x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    anguk wrote: »
    So true. And the thing that really annoys me is that everyone ends up tarred with the same brush, not just by the public but by the DWP and ATOS also. :mad:

We haven't heard anything about my OH being transferred over to ESA yet but if he ends up in the wrong group I'll fight for him if I have to. He's an amputee, he's got one leg and one hand, kidney failure needing dialysis in hospital 3 days a week and numerous other health problems.

My OH isn't going to get better, he's going to get worse, none of his conditions are time limited (with the exception maybe of kidney failure, he could possibly get a transplant but he's been suspended on the list for the last 2 years because he's not well enough for the operation even if he was lucky enough to be matched).

It's bad enough battling daily with your health without having to battle with the very people who are supposed to be there to help you. I'm really not looking forward to his transfer but I'm a fighter and I'll fight for him if they don't put him in the correct group. And it's not about the money, it's about doing the right thing.

I really hope that OH gets put into the support group, but glad he's got you as a fighter for him, thou he shouldn't even be put in that situation in the 1st place. xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • Ellejmorgan
    Options
    mum2one wrote: »
    I really thing you need to be dead within 6 months to get into the support group, sure its to meet their numbers!

i'm the same have to pop morphine to tablets and top up with liquid as and when, and same as you lone parent, my daughter has to put my socks on for me..
    x

Some days i can't walk at all, my back will lock due to arthritis, ain't able to take a single step until the swelling goes down..
    Accepted being in the WRAG last time and LC DLA not accepting that this time..

What back condition do you have ??? I get so frightened when my back locks as theres no one else for the kids..
    So much is put on my 11 year old, I feel sorry for her...

Am up for another medical soon, last time I only mentioned low back problems, this time i will detail everything, how my mental health was so bad I attended hospital everyday, the whole lot...
    I'm fed up with the system, they wanted me to start a work programme 3 weeks after giving birth by c-section..

There's no crossover you are either a lone parent or sick but you can't be a sick lone parent it's stupid..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure