throttle
    posisition
    sensor
    back in next week for new one to be fitted free of charge
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    It's A problem, but that's not gonna make the tyres less grippy :/

You'd have noticed if the acceleration was erratic.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    xyellowx wrote: »
    sb -i dont ride the clutch and havnt mentioned the cost (which of course i would expect to have to pay for)
    was just trying to find out what the problem was likely to be as im cluesless when it comes to mechanics

but thanks for your very useful post

no worries:)

one thing though how would a TPS
    throttle
    posisition
    sensor

make your clutch pedal bite at the top?

just interested obviously:rotfl:
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    Strider590 wrote: »
    But are they decent tyres?

You still haven't answered this question.
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    oh no they hooked up a computer to it. TPS will not cause this problem, unless its applying excess accelleration when the clutch is down and thats not TPS but clutch pedal position sensor failure (common on ford fiesta's depress clutch and revs rise to 3500rpm).

faulty TPS give eratic idle and accelration (like a spark plug is down or glowplug) and engages the engine management light when faulty.

ford will see you in few days for more cash to paythem to find the fault.
  • jase1
    jase1 Posts: 2,308 Forumite
    Options
    THIS. I sold my MK3 Mondeo to my mate a few weeks ago. On the test drive he stalled it every time he set off from standstill. Funny as hell. Now he has no problem with it.

When I bought the car, I stalled it a lot for the first few days until I got used to the clutch.

Ford clutches, especially on the diesels, are notorious for being binary.

Tell me about it -- the Focus is the same. I prefer not to put too much revs on when setting off, never stall anything else, at least once a day on this &^%$ Ford :rotfl:
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    oh no they hooked up a computer to it. TPS will not cause this problem, unless its applying excess accelleration when the clutch is down and thats not TPS but clutch pedal position sensor failure (common on ford fiesta's depress clutch and revs rise to 3500rpm).

faulty TPS give eratic idle and accelration (like a spark plug is down or glowplug) and engages the engine management light when faulty.

ford will see you in few days for more cash to paythem to find the fault.

It's not unheard of for dealerships to find a daft fault like a loose connector and decide they can't really charge £90 just to plug something back in, so they connect the laptop, find another fault that they CAN charge for and bobs your uncle.... Their day/time sheet looks right and the garage isn't out of pocket.

So who knows, maybe they did find the problem and the car comes back working with a new TPS on top?
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • xyellowx
    Options
    i havnt and wont be paying anything its a 2 year old car and all covered on the warranty

sb - i couldnt tell you but for the record when the wife mentioned a knowlegdable person who knows his onions and offers advice on these matters had mentioned it was due to riding the clutch he said you didnt know what the 5uck u was on about.
  • xyellowx
    Options
    will post tyre type 2morra not going outside now its dark but they are the factory fitted ones on 18100 miles
  • jase1
    jase1 Posts: 2,308 Forumite
    Options
    xyellowx wrote: »
    i havnt and wont be paying anything its a 2 year old car and all covered on the warranty

sb - i couldnt tell you but for the record when the wife mentioned a knowlegdable person who knows his onions and offers advice on these matters had mentioned it was due to riding the clutch he said you didnt know what the 5uck u was on about.

That's his opinion and he's entitled to it, but it is perfectly possible to completely b*gger up a clutch within 5000 miles if you use the pedal as a footrest. Not saying you've done that, just pointing it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure