PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MIKE770 wrote: »
    Can you claim back PPI even if a claim was made say in 2007/8?

You can complain if you have made a complaint. However, your complaint reasons are going to be restricted. You cant say you were not eligible or that you didnt know about it. You may not be able to say you didnt need it.

If your complaint is successful, the firm can deduct the amount paid out under the claim from the refund.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 April 2017 at 12:03AM
    Options
    MIKE770 wrote: »
    Can you claim back PPI even if a claim was made say in 2007/8?
    Do you mean you actually claimed on the policy? Or do you mean you complained about it in 2007/8?

If you mean that you complained and were rejected, then the answer is that you can only revisit the complaint if you have found compelling new evidence which was not part of your original expression of concern.
  • Dannydude
    Options
    So I filled in an online form regarding my historic Barclaycard from 2002 on 3rd April 2017, my limit was only £300 but I thought I would claim my Ppi back and I have now received an offer £417 all in about a fortnight.... Woohoo
  • lynasjacqueline
    Options
    So, this is a strange one! I claimed ppi was miss sold on a loan from Yorkshire bank many years ago in April 2013, the complaint was up held and I received frm memory a pay out of £800 ish a few weeks later. I closed that account and moved house forgetting about it. In march this year I got a letter to say that this redress was potentially incorrect and requesting up to date contact details to discuss it with me, as they requested I took driving liscence etc to local branch to confirm update details. I heard nothing so 4 weeks later rang to see what was happening, they claimed that have sent a letter to my current address( I definately didn't receive anything as you can imagine I was looking out for it!) They refused to discuss the details on the phone but agreed to resend the offer letter. It arrived today, it makes no sense what so ever! The first page has my details and states Iam due more compensation. It sites 9 account numbers they have reinvestigated, the following pages titled appendix one show a summary of the redress due for 15 different account numbers, the name on page one of the appendix is also not mine. The sums involved for this customer are really quite large and initially before I realised it wasn't referring to me I became quite excited! Getting to the last page is an acceptance form which once again has my details on and the loan account nos mentioned on the first page and an offer for compensation amounting to £1462.88. It states I had only 21 days to accept this offer from the date it was issued which ended today. I guess I have a number issues, can I trust the final page offer letter is actually related to me? Can They enforce the 21 day rule given today is the first time I saw it? What should I do about the massive breach of data protection, I now possess all the account nos and name of another customer! Iam wondering if he got my original offer letter dated 28th march!
    Has anyone else been in a similar position or got any advise?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Contact them and ask for clarity.
  • SiestaSte
    Options
    Hello, I hope I've posted this correctly (new to this site).
    I made a PPI claim against Santander, I received a letter(03rd April 17), stating that they recently contacted me with a final settlement . I have NEVER received such an offer.
    I contacted them by phone and told me my claim had been successful and they would sent out another settlement offer.

In the meantime I've sent letters, emailed and called them three times, on every occasion they keep telling me they will send out another settlement figure for me to return.
    On Friday 21st April 17,I received the same letter saying they cannot trace that I've replied to their settlement offer, therefore we are not able to make the payment offered.

I NEVER yet received an offer in writing, so how can return something I've never had?
    I try to explain this to Santander and all they say is, we will send a letter out.

Find it strange, I receive letters to say they haven't had a reply from me, yet I can never receive their settlement figure to reply to!
    Don't know what else to do?
    Can anyone please help?

Thanks!
  • Ck35
    Ck35 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I know I had a loan with HSBC but don't have account details is there a way to find this? I don't have any paperwork but want to check if I can claim ppi. Everywhere I look I need to known my account number unless I go through an agent which I would rather not do.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know I had a loan with HSBC but don't have account details is there a way to find this?

ask HSBC.
    I need to known my account number unless I go through an agent which I would rather not do.

A CMC wont know your account number either.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    SiestaSte wrote: »
    Hello, I hope I've posted this correctly (new to this site).
    I made a PPI claim against Santander, I received a letter(03rd April 17), stating that they recently contacted me with a final settlement . I have NEVER received such an offer.
    I contacted them by phone and told me my claim had been successful and they would sent out another settlement offer.

In the meantime I've sent letters, emailed and called them three times, on every occasion they keep telling me they will send out another settlement figure for me to return.
    On Friday 21st April 17,I received the same letter saying they cannot trace that I've replied to their settlement offer, therefore we are not able to make the payment offered.

I NEVER yet received an offer in writing, so how can return something I've never had?
    I try to explain this to Santander and all they say is, we will send a letter out.

Find it strange, I receive letters to say they haven't had a reply from me, yet I can never receive their settlement figure to reply to!
    Don't know what else to do?
    Can anyone please help?

Thanks!
    Put a complaint in to Santander 0800 171 2171
  • muffinson
    Options
    Hello, I have recently been paid for miss sold PPI on my old credit card.

The Bank wrote to me and stated "agree that we miss-sold you PPI".. Step one done, I didn't use a claim company either...

The card was opened in 16 August 1995 and is still open today, although i did cancel the PPI on the 22 July 2009.

Balance today is Zero. But I never paid off the balance and often would have only paid the minimum amount due throughout the years PPI was applied.

I'm a little miffed as to how they worked out the redress.

In Total it came to £9,239.44.

They only held records from 1st May 2001, so have used my transaction behaviour from statements they do hold and with data gathered from British Bankers Association to work out the payment prior to this.

I myself do not hold any records for this account so little i can do to question their logic for those dates..

So the payment was made up of

Refund PPI Payments 2,224.83
    Late Payment fees 718.00
    Statutory Interest @ 8% less 20% tax 3,330.29.
    Refund of Interest Charged on PPI and fees 2,966.32

Happy days, but they have not provided any details on they came to these amounts. I'm going to write to request a full and complete breakdown of their workings..

MY Question is..

My rate of APR would have been a lot higher than the statutory 8% and since i never paid off the balance i would have thought the Refund of Interest Charged on PPI and fees of 2,966.32, should have worked out a lot more than the Satutory interest paid back. My APR was 28% for long periods of time.

Does anyone have experience of questioning this element of their refund? and success of getting barclays to re-review or had a simliar payment I'd be interested to hear from you.

Cheers
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure