PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    They have no access to the FOS if it was sold prior to Jan 2005.

Yeah you said that earlier as well ;)

They didn't say when it was taken out so thought I'd add both sides just in case
  • Doorboy1
    Options
    Hi everyone
    New to this so not sure if my question is in the right place, I recently sent a ppi questionare to capital one (16/1/17) and received a rejection letter today (31/1/17) is this the normal time scale as it seems very quick to me considering the claim I sent to Lloyds a week before I have received a letter stating I will have a decision by 28/2/17, any thoughts would be appreciated
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Time scales will vary. Cap One did it more quickly than Lloyds.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    Doorboy1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    New to this so not sure if my question is in the right place, I recently sent a ppi questionare to capital one (16/1/17) and received a rejection letter today (31/1/17) is this the normal time scale as it seems very quick to me considering the claim I sent to Lloyds a week before I have received a letter stating I will have a decision by 28/2/17, any thoughts would be appreciated

If they have good records and found evidence that contradicts your complaint then yes they would quickly reject it, similarly if you didn't have PPI

e.g. say you claimed it was forced on you in a pressure sale on the phone but their records show you applied online then it's instant rejection as you're mistaken or lying (please note this is just an example, not saying it is what happened to you!!)
  • Doorboy1
    Options
    They said I ticked the box which I'm sure I never as I already had a separate insurance scheme to cover illness etc from work, this policy was in place before taking out capital one card and sent a copy of the insurance cert. to capital one
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    They said I ticked the box which I'm sure I never as I already had a separate insurance scheme to cover illness etc from work, this policy was in place before taking out capital one card and sent a copy of the insurance cert. to capital one

Problem here is simply that their records (showing you ticked the box) will trump any memory you have. You're be wasting your time going back to them. You have the right to go to the FOS within 6 months of the rejection but no guarantee you will get any further as they'll most likely side with Cap given the evidence but who knows.
  • Doorboy1
    Options
    I think I might request SAR from them as I'm sure I never ticked the box
  • tombooth
    Options
    Hi All,

Like many I have pretty much ignored a lot of PPI notices as I haven't really used much credit over the last 10 years (a couple of credit cards but that is about it) but after reading the latest post from MSE I thought I should take a look into it.
    The only credit I can think of that may have had PPI was a 2 year fixed mortgage I had with Northern Rock from 2009-2011 but I have no idea how I can find more details about my account or whether I had any PPI on it.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ask Northern Rock.
  • Nasqueron
    Options
    I think I might request SAR from them as I'm sure I never ticked the box

This will be a waste of £10 - either they will produce the form or they don't have it and are allowed to provide a reconstructed example. Did you apply on paper or online out of interest?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback