PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• kj*daisy
    kj*daisy Posts: 490 Forumite
    edited 29 February 2012 at 2:24PM
    Options
    Please put me down for 280 to try and recoup some Febs overspend!!

Thank you
    Grocery challenge July £250

45 asd*/
  • Sparklyfairy
    Options
    Hi All! :j

I need to start this up again - please put Sparklyfairy down for £150 for March for me, DH, DD's (8 & 6) & 1 fussy cat!

Thank you! xx :beer:
  • LavenderBees
    Options
    Hello, My Lovelies :j

Hope you are all well, and doing well with your challenges. My aim this month is to try to keep up with the thread...and use the recipes at the front.

Can I declare myself a challenge of £100 again for this month, please. Even though I failed in February, it still really focused my mind on what was important, and, looking at last year's spends, I'm easily cutting that by 2/3s. Unbelieveable that I thought anyhere between £200 - £300 was ok to spend on food and bits and bobs for myself. I always knew deep down that I was overspending here as it makes me feel MUCH more secure to have a house full of food. :)

Strangely, I still do have a houseful of food but am spending much less. If I could bottle it, I'd make a fortune! Mind you, shopping now takes me hours as I compare prices per 100g, prices per kilo...look on the bottom shelf, search through the bins...(this last one's a joke...just in case anyone is horrified...):rotfl:

After work tonight, I am going food shopping...I do need a few things so I will easily be able to use the £3 off £40 spend at Mr M's...then I'll be very frugal the rest of the month.

And I really will try very hard to keep up with the thread this time. I'm sure I could learn loads more if I did keep up. So, can you all just "shurrup" once in a while so I can catch up? :rotfl:

Good luck to you all. We can do it :T
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have decided my budget this month will be £520...I can do this...I hope..March is such a long month.

Also have DS1s 18th..and mums birthday and Mothers day eekkk...At least Ds1s party is from seperate budget.
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    can i change to weekly instead of monthly please. I will aim for £60 a week.

Thanks!
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Opened up the Kirkland washing powder (Costco own make). The powder really gets on your chest though. The amount you need though is absolutly miniscule. I found my self putting in double of what they said and found that the wm really suded (is that a word?) up. So next wash I put the recommended amount in and it was better. The clothes have come out lovely though I have to say, very impressed so far.

I have just put the wm on a maintenance wash, I used to do it every month but haven't done it for a while so thought I had better. The water is looking a bit grey and there are a few suds in there, was definatly past time to do it :o
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi...feb has gone very quickly...on to march i am trying to save a few quid in march to give to charity as it is lent....not getting on very fast but trying to get something together

need to do a bit of meal planning for the next couple of weeks and use up what we have in

take care tess
    onwards and upwards
  • Hi please can you put me down for £450 for this month as it's a 5 week month for me. I'm still trying to keep to less than £90 but may try and reduce it next month. I've spent £73.66 in first week. Thanks :)
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Good trip to edinburgh yesterday and noticed in weaving shop (up be the castle, has FREE yes totally FREE exhibition with working looms)

Ohhhhh thanks for that DD :D must have a look the next time I'm in town as I'm fascinated with old things like that!

Managed to put £24.91 into my new groceries "pot" by rounding down in Feb:j - great idea and I never missed the money at all!:D Hopefully I'll be able to get to an "in advance" place with this budget soon!

Def no need for any meat to be bought in March so hoping for a bit less than it's allocation of £140 ... but we'll see!;);)
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    I think m&s accept euros? Maybe just london. Must chek as have a 20 euro note, though am going to lyon (work) in august so could keep for that.

I used a 20 Euro note in M&S Food a year or 2 ago when I was really skint and they didn't bat an eyelid. Got my change in sterling too which was a bonus at the time.

I live in the NE by the way and it was only a small Food store.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills