PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Not sure Adelight.
    I cant see it on their onine leaflet, but not sure i am looking in the right place!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,903 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Definitely in our store. We bought the vanilla on saturday
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    So sorry to hear of your loss Florenceem :(

Got my Mr T delivery through today.
    It came in at £50.20, and then had a £4.50 delivery = £54.70. A £7.50 discount for ordering online + £7.50 worth of CC vouchers were deducted to give a total price of £39.70. There were NO substitutions so I'm pretty pleased with that!

Tonight I'm cooking Stir fried chicken with a cashew and coriander rice.

Also have a spend of £1.35 from yesterday on milk from the corner shop.

Getting hungry now so going to check on dinner! :D
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • abitofhelp
    abitofhelp Posts: 483 Forumite
    Evening all, havnt logged on for a couple of weeks. just updated sig to reflect spends at ald1 & asd@. should do us for a couple of weeks apart from milk & fruit.
    Florenceem - so sorry to hear about your loss, how awful for you and your family.
    Grocery Challenge 24th Feb-28 Dec 2012 £2000/£1404
    18th May- 15th June 2012 £100/£75
    Dont Throw Food Away 2012 May £5/0
  • Allypops
    Allypops Posts: 244 Forumite
    Oh dear, have gone way over and have really lost the plot in the last week or so. I wont need any more shopping this week (my month finshes on 29th). This was our first month and we have a long way to go but we are beginning to see where we are wasting money so hopefully next month will be better. I'll build in a bit of wriggle room next month and go for £450. I think £350 was a little optimistic for us at this stage - but hopefully we'll get there in a few months.
    Allypops
    Married with 2 children
    SPC5 # 1837- -
    DMP started April 2011 34.5% paid [STRIKE]£78800[/STRIKE]
    DFD: June 2019 DFW Long hauler #286
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Florenceem wrote: »
    I haven't been on here for ages. I went away to the Midlands on 8 March then was back home for 2 days before going to stay with a friend. I had only been at my friends for a couple of hours when my Mil died suddenly. I will update my sig.

I'm sorry to hear that. I was just thinking about you today, and that you hadn't been on for a while...
    Morning all

Rosieben - how exciting, hope the big day goes well for everyone

I'm finally caugfht up with myself and the thread - had a hectic 2 weeks but its all settled now

Quick reminder;
    If you want your budget put on the front page post your target in red
    If you are updating your siggy only post your target in black

I'm way over this month - thats what visiting Costco does for you!!

April will be the tightest month we've ever had, DH had practically no overtime this month, car tax and 2 MOT's due so rugal shopping will be the way forward and running down the freezers!

Hope you are all enjoying some sunshine and happy no shopping

Helen x

Isn't that the way - you need a bit more one month, and that's the month there's no overtime!! I now put a set amount of money into a car account every month, and that then pays for all the car bills (except petrol). Only done it for a while, but less stress worrying about car repairs!
    So .... currently sitting at £469.46 / £420 for the 1st quarter so a bit over:o but hoping to recoup some of that as a fair bit of that is stuff that will last for the rest of the year (but wasn't dividing into months at that point).

I guess the only way to try to rectify would be to take some from Jan and add to April, July and October (stocking up months) ..... maybe £30 off Jan and £10 to each of the stocking up months? ohhhh not sure what to do!:o

Not quite ready to declare March yet - still 5 days left (and a Saturday - but I may have to put my shop off until Sunday :rotfl:) - shouldn't need a lot, probably just rolls for work ... fingers crossed!

I've overspent for the first quarter too... £436.42 against £420. Not too bad (although the last month was a complete guess as I have no idea - lots of food was party, but did gc shops on the same receipt...). I'm still well on course for the rest of the year, though, especially as I'm not doing Christmas dinner this year. My aim will be to claw back toe £16.42 overspend in the next three months!

Did bolognese pasta bake tonight, with enough leftovers for tomorrow as well. Weds will be something easy, just for me as ch at their dad's. Then I have no idea about Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday!! It's not like me to be this unorganised, but the post-ofsted knackeredness has kicked in, and I cba! I shall sign off now to make myself a cuppa and plan those meals.

Four more days til the Easter holidays!!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Florenceem. my heart goes out to you and your family. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • FrugalLina
    FrugalLina Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I am worn out and it is only Monday. One of my team is off due to a bereavement, so I have been extra busy.

Was intending to pop into the big Asd@ after a meeting tomorrow, but I won't be able to due to having to rush back to the office instead. No matter, I popped into Tossco this evening and spent the princely sum of £3.86 and think that may be enough for me until April. That included some cheapo Ibuprofen as all my joints are hurting like mad and I haven't got time to go to the dr for the hard stuff.

Is it Friday yet?
    31.5/100
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    jumblejack wrote: »
    Hi :wave:
    Just popping in to say I hope you don't mind my lurking.
    I did the grocery challenge a while ago and it really helped!
    I am now gonna go for it again and start saving receipts as I fear I may have been slipping.
    Will be popping in now and then for some inspiration as in the good old days!!! :)

Hi! :wave: and welcome look forward to seeing you post.
    OS_QS wrote: »
    I know I was horrified when I was unpacking them at home. :eek: That's what I get for taking the OH with me. He's a biscuit fiend!

LOL! there are some great and easy recipes in the recipe collection at the front of the thread.
    Morning all

Rosieben - how exciting, hope the big day goes well for everyone

I'm finally caugfht up with myself and the thread - had a hectic 2 weeks but its all settled now

Quick reminder;
    If you want your budget put on the front page post your target in red
    If you are updating your siggy only post your target in black

I'm way over this month - thats what visiting Costco does for you!!

April will be the tightest month we've ever had, DH had practically no overtime this month, car tax and 2 MOT's due so rugal shopping will be the way forward and running down the freezers!

Hope you are all enjoying some sunshine and happy no shopping

Helen x

I've just started to put a little aside for the car each month. Not got enough yet for the MOT etc. this year but hopefully it will pay off next year.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everyone,

Florenceem - so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending love to you all.

Haven't posted in a while, but have been reading along. I'm still slogging away at my March GC and have come on to confess that I'm bust for this month :o

I'm owed £8 by my DSis as I bought a few bits for DBIL's party. I should get this back tomorrow. However, I have had to 'borrow' £50 from April's budget to pay for the shopping this week. I went to MrT on Sunday and we just needed so many things - things I don't buy every month just seem to have run out in the last few weeks. So frustrating.

We have everything we need for this week, barring some milk which I'll probably pick up tomorrow.

Feeling a little despondant, but determined to stick with it, and adjust my figures for next month to swallow the overspend in March.

I have to say, on a positive note, that I'm running a second purse and most of the children's pack up goodies come from there, as do teabags and coffee and loo roll. This has definately saved me money this month, as has shopping weekly, with a strict list. I manage to get round with just a little trolley now which is great.

Sorry for the ramble :o
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure