PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 20th February 2012

Options

Comments

• juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All

Dentist today at lunchtime to have my tooth out so not sure I'll be up to much later. I've also got a swollen and painful gland on the same side as my tooth so I'm hoping that will disappear when I've got rid of the tooth. I'm not going to strip my bed this morning in case I don't feel up to making it again later. I'm going to get up in a min and put the WM on and do a bit in the kitchen as I did nothing last night - I went straight to bed when I came in from Beavers and Cubs.

Hope all poorlies are feeling better soon.

Have a good day all

Hugs

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • cyclingyorkie
    Options
    good luck juliejim! Hopefully this will be the end of your dental troubles...
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • jackywhizz
    jackywhizz Posts: 726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 21 February 2012 at 6:35PM
    Options
    Nanamia wrote: »

Can I ask how long you lovelies have been flying for?
    Will I be clutter free?

3 years and still sooo much clutter. When it belongs to other family members sometimes the best you can do is get it organised and tidier.

Ruby-Eskimo - welcome:)

Tuesday - Master bedroom and Landing
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Clear the floors and hoover[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Declutter and wipe one surface[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Strip and remake the bed[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wipe the skirting boards[/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Dust the lampshade and curtain pole[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Empty any upstairs bins[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dust any pictures[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    [STRIKE]Sort out a handbag[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Locate your summer sandles, do they need cleaning/reheeling[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]HHI[/STRIKE]
  • wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    Things aren't going so well with the (ex)boyfriendish, as he lives on his own he finds being around my DDs quite hard sometimes and having to watch their carp on the telly so spends most of his time plugged into my laptop :mad: so I end up getting ignored most of the evening by everyone! :mad::(
    Then when we go to bed he wants to watch films and I want to sleep so he ends up sleeping all morning cos he's been up all night :mad::mad:
    Worse thing is eventhough I constantly tell him it p*sses me off he still doesn't know what he's doing wrong!! :mad:

Ended up not doing much again yesterday, S&S round the kitchen, a couple of loads of washing and TDing. I did finally go to the Dr to pick up DD2 and my prescriptions and (ex)boyfriendish went to the cashpoint.
    Tbh I want to spend as much time as possible with the (ex)boyfriendish (I need to find an abbreviation for him lol) before he clears off home again and we go back to him blanking me :( I know what you're all probably thinking but I can't help it I really like him :o

Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One
    Sweep and mop the floor - right into the corners
    Clear and wipe table
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Wipe the worksurfaces, including underneath anything which lives here[/STRIKE]

Level Three
    Sort out a hotspot
    Clean a window
    Wipe any marks from walls/doors
    Extras
    [STRIKE]HHexercise[/STRIKE] - we did walk to the Dr and back lol
    HHPaperwork

Level One

Clear the floors and hoover
    Declutter and wipe one surface
    Level Two
    Wipe the skirting boards
    Level Three
    Dust the lampshade and curtain pole
    Empty any upstairs bins
    Dust any pictures
    Extras

• cyclingyorkie
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would love to join you all if that's ok. I still live at home with my parents and where we work full time and things have been happening recently, all the housework other than the basic "must do" tasks have fallen by the wayside over the past 6 months or so. My working pattern now means I am home 3 days a week mostly so I have more time to get things done and help out where I can but I just don't know where to start! So I think this thread will really help me sort it out and eventually we'll have an amazing house!

Didn't manage to do any of yesterday's tasks in my own home but did clean my friend's kitchen while I was looking after her 4 week old baby so she could get some work done!

Will pop back later to update on today's progress!

Welcome!

We're a very friendly, supportive bunch here!:D:D:D
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2012 at 6:13PM
    Options
    morning all hope all are well
    didnt do very well on yesterdays list
    welcome to ruby-eskimo
    cy hope dr can solve DDs health problems
    nanamia ive only been flying for a couple of weeks but lurking a while longer i know i will never be clutter free bt i do aspire to be organised and at least following the lists helps me keep on top of cleaning so im tidier round the clutter and feel more organised.
    wendywitch seems like you are going through a very frustrating rough patch i hope things sort themselves out for you soon
    juliejim i hope you get on alright this afternoon and its not too painful
    i hope i havent missed any one if so it wasnt deliberate i have a sieve full of custard for a brain this morning
    DD2 did a dodgy breakfall at martial arts 2 weeks ago she felt something 'go' in her shoulder and her colar bone looked wrong she said it hurt but was ok, went Drs next morning he sent her hospital xrays and a 3 hour wait she was told its raised but wear a sling for a week no heavy lifting or martial arts for a couple of weeks but youll be ok, she got a letter on saturday someone else has looked at her xray and an appt has been made for her to go back tomorrow morning
    DD3 was off work yesterday with a rotten cold and felt weird she on an off day today so doesnt have to go in, by last night id got low back ache couging and sneezing and feel sweaty thanks DD:(
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Sweep and mop the floor - right into the corners[/STRIKE]
    Clear and wipe table
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Wipe the worksurfaces, including underneath anything which lives here[/STRIKE]
    Clean out the fridge, use up or chuck anything at or past it's best
    Level Three
    Sort out a hotspot
    [STRIKE]Clean a window[/STRIKE]
    Wipe any marks froms walls/doors
    Extras
    Refill salt/pepper/herb pots etc (give them a wipe whilst you're at it)
    [STRIKE]HHI or exercise[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]HHPaperwork or gardening[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Level One[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Declutter and wipe one surface[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    Wipe the skirting boards
    [STRIKE]Level Three[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dust the lampshade and curtain pole[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dust any pictures[/STRIKE]
    Extras
    Sort out a handbag
    Locate your summer sandals, do they need cleaning/reheeling
    HHI

my jobs for the week
    [STRIKE]make dorothy bags for team at work[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]post birthday cards and other post[/STRIKE]
    finish crocheting two more squares
    [STRIKE]order jus rol dish with tokens off pastry for DD[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]do all the ironing [/STRIKE]took five hours:T
    [STRIKE]pay for DS drum lessons[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]mend laundry basket[/STRIKE][/QUOTE]
    send insurance off
    fill in overtime sheet for feb
    [STRIKE]read through stuff for governors meeting[/STRIKE] not going now
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • seafarers_wife
    Options
    Nanamia I've been flying about 2 years and am getting there on the clutter free side of things. It helped moving house as I couldn't keep stuff for the sake of it due to lack of storage so we had a huge cull and I'm still culling on a regular basis but thinking by the end of the year will be clutter free :)
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think I've been flying for 3 1/2 years. I am another one who is drowning in gibble. Will it ever end?

DD1 and DS2 made pancakes. While I did the school run. The house stinks of burning. I am furious with DH in 2 weeks he has ruined my large saut! pan and my little (pancake) frying pan. I have told him countless times to use soft implements but he uses metal. Both have badly damaged non stick coatings now. I don't want my kids eating fragments of whatever toxic stuff the coating is made off so they are both in the bin. My hob is induction and new pans aren't cheap. I am considering throwing out everything metal.

JulieJim be brave and I hope your teething troubles are cured for good.

More get well wishes for the poorlies, and welcome to the new flyers.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Managed to finish off yesterday's list late last night, after a meeting overran, and a L-O-N-G phonecall to my DSis. BIL has been made redundant and she has a seasonal job, so things not looking good :(

Hugs and get well vibes to all those having a rough old time.

Have visitors coming for lunch/afternoon, so have made a start on things and have a lemon syrup sponge in the oven mmmmmmm

All done
    Tuesday - Master bedroom andLanding
    Level One
    Declutter and wipe one surface
    Level Two
    Strip and remake the bed
    Wipe the skirting boards
    Level Three
    Dust the lampshade and curtain pole
    Dust any pictures
    Extras
    [STRIKE]Sort out a handbag[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Locate your summer sandles, do they need cleaning/reheeling [/STRIKE]- nope! need to buy some new ones :D
    HHI
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • mummyroysof3
    Options
    need to give myself a kick..yesterday hubby was taken to hospital from work with chest pains..he ok but got high blood pressure and colesterol and strees. today i found out i passed my psychology OU course with a distinction..what a week
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport