overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi B :)
    Good news on the hair cut !! I have 2 here that could do with a trim (that's 2 heads not 2 hairs obviously :) )

Yes poor CAB lady , if she wasn't planning on retirement before my visit , I bet she is now !! She was lovely & commented that she didn't know how I was managing to remain so positive - I omitted to admit to my mini breakdowns on here :)
    Boys have already told dad we have been looking at houses - he rather helpfully suggested a couple of areas he thought we could have a look at houses in .... Very helpful :rotfl:

I sounded out my boss that I might need some kind of guarantee letter as I didn't think my credit check would be up to much. She said they would do all they can to help. So at least I have all my bases covered. All in all a good couple of days :)
    Just get Friday out of the way now and take it from there.

I finally caved and got my hair cut (budget trainee style of course) and I look much better if I do say so myself :D

Right best make some attempt at tidying up as it appears the magic housework fairy is on strike !!!

Coco x
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow. Sometimes things we dread don't turn out to be half as bad as we think they will be.

Well done on the trainee haircut too. I had mine done at our local college for £7.50 and I was really pleased with it.
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • Coco114
    Options
    Poles you were right :)

Horrible appt was fine ... I dont know why I was so worried !!!
    So treated myself to posh coffee & now am off to CAB - then I can get on with my weekend !

Have a good day :)

Coco x
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Aaah good to hear it. Listen to Poles - she's very good at dishing out advice to others - if only she would listen to some of it herself.........:rotfl:
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • MoneyMission
    MoneyMission Posts: 652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ummmmmmm. :coffee:

Glad it went well.

Good luck with CAB.
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
  • Coco114
    Options
    And finally the weekend can begin :D

I am totally mentally exhausted !!! But, surprisingly chirpy :)
    CAB made my brain want to explode !! A wealth of leaflets , information and advice to take in.... Whilst waiting I sent another email to housing officer at the council - explaining again that my situation isn't sustainable much longer so at least it was a productive wait !!

By the time I got home - I had a voicemail from the HO to say he is on annual leave until Monday but he wanted me to know he had read my email. He is calling me next week to run through what they can do to help & the elugibilty for Mortgage Relief Scheme ... Very good of him to call whilst on holiday :) he also told me to try not to worry too much and have a good weekend !!

Quick cuppa before I pick up youngest - all paperwork is in a file to read & digest over the weekend. Have registered with all local estate agents for letting so I think I have done the best I can this week :)
    The horrible , knotted , sicky feeling in my stomach has eased a little bit and I feel a little bit "lighter" if that makes sense.

Obligatory wine in fridge , eldest is cooking tonight & I am going to chill out completely. I even treated myself to a new paperback today (bogof of course !)

Hope all your weeks have been good :)

Coco x

PS .... I refused to pay £2.80 for parking this morning - so I found some free parking & walked the 1/2 mile :D
    See what you people have done to me ??!!!
  • sistafromanothermista
    Options
    :wave: Coco, at least you're getting things sorted, well done. Productive day i'd say hopa-smiley.gif
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
  • PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wanted to drop by and say Hi !! Just stumbled across your diary. I dont have time to sit down and read it now, but I have subscribed and will catch up with your story later. In the meantime, I have subscribed and will pop in everynow and then for a chat if thats ok !! :D

Pinot xx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • Coco114
    Options
    Ah thanks Sista :)
    I see you are still doing incredibly well - go you :)

Pinot you are most welcome anytime - as is your name sake of course :D - Your diary was one of the first ones I read - your sense of humour is very similar to mine so your diary always makes me laugh :)
    I wouldn't bother reading from the beginning though , it's just pages of moaning & self pity for most of it :rotfl:

I have one question ..... Eldest made delicious garlic & White wine pasta ......,, how the hell has he managed to use every single cooking utensil/saucepan/cutlery I own .??!! How ??!
    When I told him he better clean it up - he gave me a withering look and said "I bet no-one asks Gordon Ramsey to clean up" and stropped off !!!!!!!
    So in true earth mother style - I shut poured myself a glass of wine , shut the kitchen door and am currently watching tennis :rotfl:

Coco x
  • PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »
    Ah thanks Sista :)
    I see you are still doing incredibly well - go you :)

Pinot you are most welcome anytime - as is your name sake of course :D - Your diary was one of the first ones I read - your sense of humour is very similar to mine so your diary always makes me laugh :)
    I wouldn't bother reading from the beginning though , it's just pages of moaning & self pity for most of it :rotfl:

I have one question ..... Eldest made delicious garlic & White wine pasta ......,, how the hell has he managed to use every single cooking utensil/saucepan/cutlery I own .??!! How ??!
    When I told him he better clean it up - he gave me a withering look and said "I bet no-one asks Gordon Ramsey to clean up" and stropped off !!!!!!!
    So in true earth mother style - I shut poured myself a glass of wine , shut the kitchen door and am currently watching tennis :rotfl:

Coco x

Well Coco, I congratulate on your earth mother status, of which I would love to have, but am yet to find!! I dream about it often though ! :rotfl: The problem I have at the moment is that when DD1 strops off, I follow her stropping along behind her until we strop together then end up bursting out laughing as I'm sure we look truly ridiculous !

Thankyou for reading my diary, you obviously have only lurked though as I have yet to see you pop up ! Slapped wrists for you then Madam ! My Diary has been a bit sparse of late though due to various goings on but I am determined to get back into the swing of things ! :D.

I intend to read your diary from beginning to end, its always best I think .

I am glad you enjoyed the pasta eldest made you , it does sound lovely. On this occasion I think I would agree with your decision and hide with a lovely chilled glass of vino and maybe just leave the clearing up until the morning !! xx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business