TalkTalk TV (formerly Blinkbox) feedback discussion

Options
123457»

Comments

• fannyadams
    fannyadams Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd LOVE to be able to have an internet speed compatible with streaming movies...
    when I run a speed check I gt 1.5MB
    think it'd be quicker to obtain movies by carrier pigeon
    just in case you need to know:
    HWTHMBO - He Who Thinks He Must Be Obeyed
    DS#1 - my twenty-year-old son
    DS#2 - my teenaged son
    Barkin Things - my two rescued/retired greyhounds
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just had fibre installed so finally looking at streaming services. Got 28Mbps so link should be fast enough.

Blinkbox- paid for a film. Awful. Lots of lag and 2-3 disconnections.

LoveFilm - works brilliantly.

Same TV so I don't see why this is. Is there a difference between the way lovefilm and blinkbox deliver content? I wont bother with blinkbox again.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • spangle1980
    Options
    I have to say I am most unimpressed with this, to the extent I thought the TV was at fault and did a factory reset.

Used Blinkbox last night to watch Rush. Have been looking forward to it for some time but the issues with Blinkbox were:

1. Very choppy playback, freezing every 10seconds or so, just for long enough to annoy (about 0.5-1.0 secs)

2. It reset twice

3. Logging in was a joke, typing the password in took about 2 mins (lag on character input)

4. I proved it wasn't my "adequate ;-)" broadband connection by running speed test even over wi-fi at the same time. Broadband good (btw the TV is on Ethernet not wifi)

5. Other services work fine, I mean I was even watching the dammed thing in SD. iPlayer "HD" is perfect!

So, in short, be wary of this service at least on LG TV
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    Options
    We find that Friday evenings are bad. We watch blinkbox through a 2010 Samsung smart Bluray player, an Xbox 360 or by hooking up a laptop using an HDMI lead.

The Bluray player is fine at off-peak times, the Xbox is more reliable and if both are bad, it usually still works pretty well via the laptop.
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    Options
    I have to say I am most unimpressed with this, to the extent I thought the TV was at fault and did a factory reset.

Used Blinkbox last night to watch Rush. Have been looking forward to it for some time but the issues with Blinkbox were:

1. Very choppy playback, freezing every 10seconds or so, just for long enough to annoy (about 0.5-1.0 secs)

2. It reset twice

3. Logging in was a joke, typing the password in took about 2 mins (lag on character input)

4. I proved it wasn't my "adequate ;-)" broadband connection by running speed test even over wi-fi at the same time. Broadband good (btw the TV is on Ethernet not wifi)

5. Other services work fine, I mean I was even watching the dammed thing in SD. iPlayer "HD" is perfect!

So, in short, be wary of this service at least on LG TV

LG TV for me too. Although I've heard there is an issue with LGs tvs and blinkbox.

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-notice/GBNTC131220103480
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • ish68
    ish68 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I have a Tesco Hudl and wanted to watch some of the movies I have on Blinkbox on it, but have now tried for 3 days to login to the app with no luck. I will contact the support team and inform people what happens. Check the Tesco website, as when you purchase some DVDs in-store, you automatically get the movie for free on Blinkbox.
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    Options
    I'd appreciate some help or I won't be able to use your service however much I'd like to!
    When I started receiving blinkbox emails after I joined up and used the links to take part in competitions all was well. For some weeks now I have been getting the message "Temporarily moved", whatever I click on. I am using Mozilla on Windows 7 on my laptop. If this is not resolved soon I will cancel as blinkbox is just cluttering up my inbox for no reason at all...
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good:
    Blinkbox now works with my Chromecast
    Can choose what to watch

Bad:
    Most rentals more expensive than Lovefilm DVD's (£2.03 per DVD for me)
    No subtitles - I'm not deaf but struggle with heavily accented dialogue
    Limited choice compare to Lovefilm DVD's
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure