TalkTalk TV (formerly Blinkbox) feedback discussion

Options

Comments

• mamabuddah
    Options
    offer now ended....
    No two ways about this one: Anything Free is not a Basic Right..it had to be earned...by someone, somewhere
  • nebula
    nebula Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Becca wrote: »
    Thanks for flagging this frankietwospots, I've got it confirmed from Blinkbox that they have amended the offer to 15,000, becuase of its popularity :)

Many thanks,
    MSE Becca

Did you pay with your credit or real money?
  • sarah-lou38
    Options
    Hi,
    I signed up to the clubcard offer in time to be eligible for the points, but haven't got round to downloading until today. When I tried to enter my debit card details, I got a message to say that, although my bank had approved the transaction, I had failed the AVS process. No options to try anything else. And what the heck am I supposed to put in other than my address??! And because it's the weekend, I'm guessing no-one will get back to me until Monday, if I'm lucky, so it looks like I'll miss the points.

Has this happened to anyone else?
  • jcpcelt
    Options
    Hi there,

I signed up for the Xbox 360 offer of crediting £1 to a new account and getting £5 free credit using the link advertised on Xbox Live.

The £5 credited with no issues, but when I go to watch films on my xbox it still asks me to pay and there appears to be no way of using the credit on the xbox. Quite a nuisance as I don't have HDMI output on my Mac and wanted to stream on the 360 app. The offer on Xbox live made no mention of this. I don't resent it too much as I only paid a pound, but I feel that it would be a massive improvement to be able to use this credit on the Xbox Live app, as it's been advertised there. Also I notice that vouchers cannot be used on the app too, another poor point.
  • frostythesnowman
    Options
    Here is my experience with the movie Argo (I have not tried others yet as wanted to test the service before spending more money):-

* Samsung Smart TV connected to router via ethernet cable = movie plays fine
    * Xbox 360 console connected to router via ethernet cable = movie does not play, error acquiring license PLAY6002
    * Android tablet connected to router via WIFI = movie does not play, spinning logo timer with no error messages

I really would like to recommend blinkbox to others but I simply cannot do this whilst the service is 'on the blink', so to speak.
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    Options
    jcpcelt wrote: »
    ...The £5 credited with no issues, but when I go to watch films on my xbox it still asks me to pay and there appears to be no way of using the credit on the xbox. ...

I'm probably a bit late replying to this but in case it helps - we used to watch blinkbox films on the xbox, but what we needed to do was select and pay for the film on the pc, so that the film was added to the library. Once it was in the library, we could watch it through the xbox.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does anyone use Apple TV to view films from you Mac?
  • JamJar
    JamJar Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Clubcard exchange giving 3 movies for £2.50 is a pretty good deal at the moment.

JJ
  • JamJar
    JamJar Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Summer01 wrote: »
    Does anyone use Apple TV to view films from you Mac?

Yes ... and see this:

http://www.blinkbox.com/Devices/Computer/Mac

JJ
  • T1tone
    Options
    Help - does anyone else suffer from the 'sound drop-out' problems I am getting with Blinkbox on my Samsung Smart TV it's one of the latest models (UE46ES8000U) with the 2013Evolution Kit upgrade.
    My internet is Virgin Media cable 60MB so no problems there. I've heard rumours that this is a common problem but Blinkbox are seemingly not able to solve it.
    Any ideas, info, thoughts anyone please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure