TalkTalk TV (formerly Blinkbox) feedback discussion

Options

Comments

• lancedal
    lancedal Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Read all the above discussions about Blinkbox and Samsung smart TV's, wouldn't mind giving it all a try especially as i seem to be getting a lot of emails about Blinkbox via Tesco's. However though i get everything sent to my email account Blinkbox doesn't accept my email address but doesn't say anywhere why this should be. Do I actually need a hotmail account to use Blinkbox?
    Janet
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    Options
    You don't need a Hotmail account to use Blinkbox. What do you mean when you say that it doesn't accept your email address - are you having problems setting up an account on the website?
  • jpfshades
    Options
    I signed up to Blinkbox fine and had been using it for a few weeks. Then, just after paying £30 for the last season of one of my favourite tv shows, I began to get the following message when I click on the log-in link:

"Oops. We think this access originated outside the UK, so we're preventing your login just in case."

Then I can't log in. Blinkbox support has been unable to solve this issue in over a week. Has anyone else had this issue?

Needless to say I am in the UK. I have also cleared all my browser history etc. I have even downloaded and started using a different browser but the same result.
  • GraceCourt
    GraceCourt Posts: 317 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 October 2013 at 12:19PM
    Options
    Just found this thread after posting feedback in a different thread...

Having waited many months in vain to receive 1,000 Tesco points for responding to their promotion of streaming video (Blinkbox Entertainment Limited), I commenced County Court proceedings and obtained judgement against them. They ignored the order to pay up, so now the Court has issued a Warrant of Execution for bailiffs to collect £170 from them... and their Customer Services help desk has simply stopped responding to my messages... unbelievable!

Let's hope they stay in business long enough for Shoreditch and Clerkenwell County Court bailiffs to collect the judgement debt... :(
  • tyllwyd
    Options
    I wondered how other people are finding it to use blinkbox? We've got a smart BluRay player, but in the evenings recently when we've tried to stream a movie it has failed to start.

Last night we got fed up and hooked up the laptop to watch by streaming from the blinkbox website. We managed to get it to play, but it kept stopping to buffer. Our connection speed is 10mb or more, so that shouldn't be a problem.

The only way to actually watch a movie sensibly seems to be to download it to the laptop first, which is OK but takes a way the spontaneity of just deciding to watch a film and getting going.
  • sanity_
    Options
    My main issue with Blinkbox is that I believe the sign up page is thoroughly misleading.

"Sign up for free"

Generally, if something looks too good to be true, it genearally is.

Unsurprisingly, the price structure is highlighted once I've let them have my name and email address.

So I guess it didn't cost me a bean to give them my personal details, but that's about the only free thing I can see.

What's wrong with just "Sign up"?
  • tyllwyd
    Options
    sanity_ wrote: »
    My main issue with Blinkbox is that I believe the sign up page is thoroughly misleading.

"Sign up for free" ...

What's wrong with just "Sign up"?

To be fair, the current sign up page for blinkbox does just say 'sign up now'. There used to be free material but that's all been moved to clubcard tv. http://www.clubcardtv.com/
  • fenris_2
    Options
    Registered on Blinkbox thinking "tescos = good service & support" :rotfl:

What a suprise - when you get problems you are told you should have read the "FAQ" BEFORE joining - what is hidden in the pages labled "FAQ" is:-

Only Internet Explorer is supported as a result you cannot get to the complaints pages using their links or as far as I can see any other method :mad: if like a lot of people you use Chrome or Firefox

When you down load onto a PC, to get around the poor internet speeds in the UK you are in fact locking the film to the PC - not explained clearly on the main pages, so now I've got films on a tower in the loft and need them on a PC next to the TV so I can play them - again in the FAQs (so they say)

When you write to support the 24hr turnaround is between 48 and 124 hours and the reply is - case closed :( when you try to access the complaint you need IE loaded :mad: so you cannot complain

These folks are about as bad as a secondhand car dealer in a sheepskin coat - treat them as such and go elsewhere.
  • Twisted_Cherry
    Options
    I signed up for Blinkbox, but my new LG TV can't currently stream from them, I get a message 'LG are aware of the problems and are working on a fix' Oh well, I shall have to wait!
  • callistris
    callistris Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I signed up for Blinkbox, but my new LG TV can't currently stream from them, I get a message 'LG are aware of the problems and are working on a fix' Oh well, I shall have to wait!

I wouldn't bother waiting, I would get yourself Netflix if you haven't already, or use iTunes if you are an Apple user.

3 days ago, I rented a film, and gave up watching as it constantly buffered, on my 16 meg download. Once you start watching, you have 48 hours to finish watching the film, with the buffering I received I doubt I would have finished it in time.
    I submitted a ticket, and have yet to hear back, this was 3 days ago.
    Blinkbox your customer support sucks, just like your service.

I shall be sticking with iTunes for up to date titles from now on, as I can stream from Apple in HD with no problems whatsoever. Also use Netflix with unblock-us for everything else, even Hulu from the US streams perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure