IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Complain to CEO

Options
taffy056
taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
edited 3 February 2012 at 11:36PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Have you received a Parking Charge Notice (Fake PCN) from a private parking company ? Well most people coming to this section of the forum have, and are looking for or giving advice to people.

Well after you have found the answer you are looking for , please do your part of complaining to the retailers or organisations who employ these companies to lurk in car parks, if they don't receive complaints and lots of them nothing will change.

Below are a list of organisations that I have noticed people are getting Parking Charge Notices from, there is a name of the CEO or director who you can make a complaint directly to, their email address is also there for you just to click on.

Please be to the point if you are making a complaint, don't be rude or sarcastic just state what has happened, the fact that you are a loyal customer of theirs, and you are getting demands through the post for shopping at their stores, or using their facilities as intended, please forward the demand letters you are getting if you wish, and describe how harassed you feel with these companies using threatening language.
Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?

Comments

• taffy056
    Options
    Retailers

Aldi
    Matthew Barnes and Roman Heini
    [EMAIL="gmdsec@aldi.co.uk"]gmdsec@aldi.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Alliance Boots (Boots the Chemist)
    Stefano Pessina
    [EMAIL="stefano.pessina@allianceboots.com"]stefano.pessina@allianceboots.com[/EMAIL]

Arcadia Group (BHS, Burton, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Topman, Topshop, Wallis)
    Ian Grabiner
    [EMAIL="ian.grabiner@arcadiagroup.co.uk"]ian.grabiner@arcadiagroup.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Argos
    Raye Summers
    [EMAIL="raye.summers@argos.co.uk"]raye.summers@argos.co.uk[/EMAIL]

ASDA
    Andy Clarke
    [EMAIL="andy.clarke@asda.co.uk"]andy.clarke@asda.co.uk[/EMAIL]

B&Q
    Martyn Phillips
    [EMAIL="Martyn.Phillips@b-and-q.co.uk"]Martyn.Phillips@b-and-q.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Co-op
    Peter Marks
    [EMAIL="peter.marks@co-operative.coop"]peter.marks@co-operative.coop[/EMAIL]

Comet
    Bob Darke
    [EMAIL="bob.darke@comet.co.uk"]bob.darke@comet.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Debenhams
    Michael Sharp
    [EMAIL="michael.sharp@debenhams.com"]michael.sharp@debenhams.com[/EMAIL]

DFS
    Ian Filby
    [EMAIL="ifilby@dfs.co.uk"]ifilby@dfs.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Dixons Group / Currys / PC World
    Sebastian James
    [EMAIL="Sebastian.James@dixons.co.uk"]Sebastian.James@dixons.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Halfords
    David Wild
    [EMAIL="david.wild@halfords.co.uk"]david.wild@halfords.co.uk[/EMAIL]

HMV
    Simon Fox
    [EMAIL="simon.fox@hmv.co.uk"]simon.fox@hmv.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Homebase and Habitat
    Terry Duddy
    [EMAIL="terry.duddy@homeretailgroup.com"]terry.duddy@homeretailgroup.com[/EMAIL]

House of Fraser
    John King
    [EMAIL="jking@hof.co.uk"]jking@hof.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Iceland / Cooltrader
    Malcolm Walker
    [EMAIL="malcolm.walker@iceland.co.uk"]malcolm.walker@iceland.co.uk[/EMAIL]

LIDL
    Ronny Gottschlich
    [EMAIL="Ronny.Gottschlich@lidl.co.uk"]Ronny.Gottschlich@lidl.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Marks & Spencer
    Marc Bolland
    [EMAIL="marc.bolland@marks-and-spencer.com"]marc.bolland@marks-and-spencer.com[/EMAIL]

Morrisons
    Dalton Philips
    [EMAIL="dalton.philips@morrisonsplc.co.uk"]dalton.philips@morrisonsplc.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Mothercare
    Ben Gordon
    [EMAIL="ben.gordon@mothercare.co.uk"]ben.gordon@mothercare.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Moto
    Tim Moss
    [EMAIL="Tim.Moss@moto-way.co.uk"]Tim.Moss@moto-way.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Next

Simon Wolfson
    [EMAIL="simon_wolfson@next.co.uk"]simon_wolfson@next.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Primark
    Paul Marchant
    [EMAIL="Paul.Marchant@primark.co.uk"]Paul.Marchant@primark.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Sainsburys
    Justin King
    [EMAIL="justin.king@sainsburys.co.uk"]justin.king@sainsburys.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Tesco
    Philip Clarke
    [EMAIL="philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com"]philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com[/EMAIL]

Waitrose
    Mark Price
    [EMAIL="mark_price@waitrose.co.uk"]mark_price@waitrose.co.uk[/EMAIL]

WH Smith
    Kate Swann
    [EMAIL="kate.swann@whsmith.co.uk"]kate.swann@whsmith.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Wilkinsons
    Stuart Mitchell
    [EMAIL="stuart.mitchell@wilko.co.uk"]stuart.mitchell@wilko.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Food and Drink

McDonalds UK
    Jill McDonald
    [EMAIL="jill.mcdonald@uk.mcd.com"]jill.mcdonald@uk.mcd.com[/EMAIL]

Pizza Hut UK
    Jens Hofma
    [EMAIL="jens.hofma@yum.com"]jens.hofma@yum.com[/EMAIL]

Starbucks UK
    Kris Engskov
    [EMAIL="kengskov@starbucks.com"]kengskov@starbucks.com[/EMAIL]

Whitbread (Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Costa, Premier Inn)
    Andy Harrison
    [EMAIL="andy.harrison@whitbread.com"]andy.harrison@whitbread.com[/EMAIL]

J D Wetherspoon
    John Hutson
    [EMAIL="jhutson@jdwetherspoon.co.uk"]jhutson@jdwetherspoon.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Mitchells & Butlers (Sizzling Pubs, Vintage Inns, Harvester, Ember Inns, Toby Carvery, Crown Carveries, Metro Professionals, Nicholson's, Premium, O'Neill's, Alex, All Bar One, Village Pub & Restaurant, Miller & Carter, Browns, Innkeeper's Lodge)
    Robin Young
    [EMAIL="robin.young@mbplc.com"]robin.young@mbplc.com[/EMAIL]
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
  • give_them_FA
    Options
    What a superb idea, Taffy! It needs to be pointed out to these firms how many customers the car-park cowboys are costing them!
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    edited 4 February 2012 at 12:59PM
    Options
    And here's an even bigger list :money:

http://www.!!!!!!!!!!!!!/

Edit - how weird it won't display !

www_ceoemail_com
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    Options
    Many of them don't care though. Their attitude is "It's our car park, you've not got much choice where else you go and we don't want your car here longer than it needs to be".

Supermarket car parks have always been a favourite for parking in and then going into town but there is actually no legal right to mis-use it like this as it is only provided for their customers while in store. Same goes for the nearby neighbours who used to keep their sorn'd cars in the Supermarket car parks and get away with it years ago. Supermarkets and other companies have had enough and don't want it anymore. Thats why they're going along with the enforcement idea because they want you in and out again.

Complain as much as you like, i doubt it will have much effect to be honest. I did some marshalling for a local supermarket a couple of years back keeping the busy areas clear etc, customers still tried to take the pee by parking right outside and jumping out the car and heading into the store etc. Despite having plenty of other competitors in the area the store security was still bouncing customers back out of the door until they moved the car out of the way. We had a few try to run past security and they didn't get far, they were ordered out or face a ban and a call to the police for being in breach of the said ban. If a large supermarket is happy to bounce customers and threaten to ban them then I think its only logical to assume the rest will take a similar stance and when they're all in on it, where else are you going to go and how seriously will they listen to your complaint?

Before anyone pounces, yes I do agree some PPCs are very over zealous and its been pointed out before that some offer shot time limits for retail parks with cinemas etc so yes, I can fully agree that some need their contracts terminating in favour of another company. That said, many motorists do take the mick and all the time thats happening, these companies will continue to use PPCs to handle it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think this thread is worth bumping regularly, I reckon complaints are the way to get PPCs chucked out of car parks, one by one, and have always said this on here. But I also feel that the local Store Manager needs to be copied into the complaint as well as the CEO.

If you were a Store Manager of a Tesco/Dunelm Mill//B&Q or whatever and noticed that you had got several complaint letters about the private parking company then you would sit up and take notice, believe me. Although I have not worked in retail I've worked in customer service industries and Managers do not like geting complaints. Even if it made them think twice when renewing a contract that's a good thing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    The problem is that with some retailers the PPC has the contract for pretty much all the car-parks (Sainsburys and Euro car-parks), so the store-manager can't do a thing about it other than kicking the parasite out of the store if he tries to wait around in the little entrance hall bit.

(Talking about Euro, I saw a brilliant example of car-park mis-management today, the Euro Car-Parks Van was parked in a disabled bay and even better was parked with the wheel a good few inches outside the bay marking (into a hatched area)
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    The other problem is a lot of the retailers share any income generated by the PCN invoices with the PPCs. For example, ASDA split the income 50:50 with TCP and ASDA then give their split to a charity. TCP obviously keep their split as a pure profit.

Great PR for ASDA to say that they are giving their PCN profits all to charity.

I don't know what the other supermarkets, etc. do with their income from PPCs. Most will probably donate it to charity like ASDA but some may keep it as an overall profit ? I really don't know.

As a consequence, it is not within the retailers best interests to stop this income stream and so any email complaints will be probably be politely ignored.

I suggest a better option is to email BBC watchdog. An email address(es) can be found on the ceoemail_com website. With luck, BBC Watcdog will take notice ii they get enough emails, which will then persuade them to investigate to name & shame the supermarkets/retailers that use the PPCs. People can try to email the relevant CEOs but I'm not sure it will achieve anything as detailed above.
  • taffy056
    edited 5 February 2012 at 10:34AM
    Options
    The thing to ask the supermarkets like ASDA is why is there even a profit in this, it's a free car park these invoices are supposed to cover the loss to the retailer, so if there is a profit it means the invoices are in fact a penalty which is illegal to issue in a private car park.

Also it goes without saying to email the local press as well as watchdog, the dvla and your local MP ;)
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    taffy056 wrote: »
    The thing to ask the supermarkets like ASDA is why is there even a profit in this, it's a free car park these invoices are supposed to cover the loss to the retailer, so if there is a profit it means the invoices are in fact a penalty which is illegal to issue in a private car park.

Also it goes without saying to email the local press as well as watchdog, the dvla and your local MP ;)

I have sent email correspondence to the ASDA CEO, watchdog and my local MP (She sent me a holding response and then forwarded my email onto good old Norman Baker, Ministry of Transport). I highlighted several points to all of them; including that the PPC's invoices are in fact a penalty which is illegal to issue in a private car park under civil contract law.

I have never received a response from watchdog but I'm not surprised as they are probably inundated with correspondence from people.

The other responses from Asda and Norm were typical politician language....Thanks for your email, TCP are a member of the BPA, BPA will set up an independent body for appealing PCNs before the FOI Bill BPA part becomes law, etc. and really didn't respond to my points directly.

You and anyone else are more than welcome to try and I really hope that you have more success than I did with Asda and Norman. Pleasse advise on the forum on how anyone gets on.

However, I really think the best way is to get Watchdog to name & shame the Supermarkets and retailers that use PPCs & make profits out of PCNs. With luck, the more ems that watchdog get on this subject, the more likely they will be to investigate the scam.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    The problem is that with some retailers the PPC has the contract for pretty much all the car-parks (Sainsburys and Euro car-parks), so the store-manager can't do a thing about it other than kicking the parasite out of the store if he tries to wait around in the little entrance hall bit.

(Talking about Euro, I saw a brilliant example of car-park mis-management today, the Euro Car-Parks Van was parked in a disabled bay and even better was parked with the wheel a good few inches outside the bay marking (into a hatched area)

Make up a few fake ECP tickets and put one on him, love to see his face as he tears it up.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure