PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Grocery Challenge - February 2012

Options

Comments

• EverTheOptimist
    Options
    Evening all

Quick update for me.

£26.41 this evening.

However £2 of this was because i was not organised. Was going to get bunny bedding this afternoon, however extremely chaotic day at work and left 4 hours late, original shop shut so had to buy value bedding which was also smaller than my other pack £5.49. :mad::mad:

Never mind. Live and learn.

Also on the plus side i have been eating HM 'ready meals' all week (except when out for tea last night) which is pretty good for me. and still have a freezer full for next week. :j

ETO
    x

PS I am quite happy to be a number or to just update my sig as i go, whatever works best, i can imagine its quite a time consuming activity.
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • ModestyB
    ModestyB Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good evening all, thank goodness I have finally reached the end page.
    HelenJelly, I don't mind being a number, I'm just grateful for all the inspiration and help being posted on here. Thank you so much for running this thread. :)
    I haven't actually spent anything on food so far this month, give it time though. :rotfl:
    Hugs to all who need one.
    S.P.C. 9 2016 No. 062 Banked £337.50
    My Gold Stars off Sue. :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin
  • debbiedeejay
    Options
    HelenJelly - Am happy to be whatever is easiest for you - its incredible what you manage doing,especially keeping us all in check - I appreciate and thank you for all your hard work and of course all the help and encouragement from everyone else!

P.s Heads still not good today but at least it kept me out of shops.
    Crazy Clothes Challenge 2012 £57.20/£100,CCC 2013 £68.67/£100 ,CCC 2014 £94.32/£100
    *Frugal Living Challenge 2012, 2013, 2014*
    GC 2014 Jan £154.14/£180;Feb £103.49/£180;Mar 117.63/£160
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning everyone and a chilly one this morning.NSD for me but DD wants me to pick up 4 loaves of bread for her for the weekend as her and her OH are busy decorating DGS bedroom on Saturday.With 6/7 in the house they go through at least a loaf and a half a day,She works full time as does her OH so baking her own isn't an option.But I am still working my way through the freezer.next week out will come the large Ham hock to be cooked in the Sc for sandwiches and probably pea and ham soup with the stock I bought some dried peas yeasterday.
    keep up the good work everyone its a short month this month so it will go quickly I think
  • Catwoman103
    Options
    £4.14 Yesteday on a few essentials in Mr W1lkos that couldn't wait for the Saturday shop. UPdating signature now.
    Jan GC £96.95/£120; NSD 26/31
    Feb GC £113.19/£120: NSD 24/29
    Mar GC £54.22/£150 NSD 10/12

2012 Aim - To clear credit cards in 2012
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Feeling positive for February. We were spending over £100 at Mr T each week (sometimes well over ahem). Started grocery challenge 1/1/12. Just looking at my spreadsheet. 1st week £86.19; 2nd week £95.31; 3rd week £73.41; 4th week £64.76; 5th week £68.37 so feeling rather encouraged by all that. Have set challenge this month at £580 as I am including all consumable and we will be eating out a bit this month. However, when one friend said when fixing date for meal out 'I'll have to check with S cos of the puppies' (newly acquired bassett hounds) I suggested rather than a Friday meal out (£££) we have a Saturday lunch at hers as a bring and share and come adore the puppies (and save money I thought to myself). I am thinking MSE. Also OH took large flask of coffee, cans of coke and Lidl snack bars for long journey down south rather than stopping off at motorway services so also learning the MSE ways :D Looking forward to my update end of Feb.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Was delighted yesterday to find when I topped up my electric key that BG had put the £120 warm home discount on. I put £10 a week in the meter so 12 free weeks I think I will put the £10 a week in holiday fund. Also a NSD (2)
    Slimming World at target
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    off to @sd@ later , for more bits and bobs , it means im way over budget percentage wise but hopefully as the month goes on it will even out

tea tonight will be bbq chicken breast and HM oven chips

DD2 announced this morning she was cooking at school today :eek: cue panic recipe finding , anyhoo sorted out stuff for her to make a chocolate swiss roll without resorting to going to the shops for any ingredients :j
    this is her last cooking session i think ( gcse) so that should save on buying weird ingredients

PLEASE EVERYONE IN THIS COLD WEATHER , COULD YOU PUT SOME FOOD AND WATER OUT FOR THE BIRDS :)
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi....nsd today for me i hope...going to do jacket pots for tea as will warm up the kitchen as well as taste nice...might make a crumble for tea as well if we can manage to eat all that
    off to lidl tomorrow to have a look at the bargains im quite excited about trying the perfume....hope its nice

have a great day and take care in the cold
    tess

ps im not on front page as keep budget in head ibut i think helen should make it as easy as possible because it looks like a lot of work to me...helen u:A
    onwards and upwards
  • Gorgeestwo
    Options
    Good morning

Going to Mr T's today, my meal plan has gone out of the window this week :( but on the upside the meals can be carried over till next week :) have got an unexpected child free night tonight so think that instead of DH and I going out for a meal, I'm going to buy some lovely steak to have at home instead :j
    Hope everyone has a good friday :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family