We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cooking Jacket Spud with a Metal Skewer

124»

Comments

  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ragz wrote: »
    I'd like to try this, are tent pegs food safe do you think?

    Dont see why not,they are metal after all, I have years ago used tent peg and wrapped in foil to bake in campfire whilst on holiday, nobody got posioned.
    Slimming World at target
  • ragz wrote: »
    I'd like to try this, are tent pegs food safe do you think?

    Seems like a reasonable idea to me. I used to use an ordinary stainless steel dinner knife through a potato before I found some skewers.

    I have a microwave now though :D
  • Adela31
    Adela31 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Best Before People... When I was in iceland today they had Gravy marked best Before 2006...

    (I wouldnt risk it, they werent on special offer!)
  • I made a jacket potato 'accelerator' in metalwork at school years ago. It kinda looked like a metal criss cross trellis and had 6 spikes which you impaled your potatoes onto. My mum swore it halved the cooking time, the spikes were fatter than your average skewer though.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.