🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

water saving

Options

Comments

• mrselliott
    Options
    I've received a postcard this morning telling me that they've received a request for one of these at my address and to contact them within 5 days if for any reason I didn't require the product or didn't make the request. I certainly haven't requested one so just rang them and asked where the request has come from. I was asked if I'd applied for any cavity wall insulation or loft insulation, which I haven't, and was told my details were probably passed on by a third party, as they are a government funded initiative. The man asked for the reference number off the card and has said he has now removed my details from their database.
  • jaygray
    jaygray Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    mrselliott wrote: »
    I've received a postcard this morning telling me that they've received a request for one of these at my address and to contact them within 5 days if for any reason I didn't require the product or didn't make the request. I certainly haven't requested one so just rang them and asked where the request has come from. I was asked if I'd applied for any cavity wall insulation or loft insulation, which I haven't, and was told my details were probably passed on by a third party, as they are a government funded initiative. The man asked for the reference number off the card and has said he has now removed my details from their database.

I had exactly the same experience yesterday. When I rang to cancel it, and asked where they had got my details, I was told the information was coming from 'utility companies' and that it was 'fully funded'. While I'm sure these are an excellent idea, we are already very careful with our water usage, and I'm not very comfortable with my details being handed on to third parties like this.
    :A A million thanks to everyone who posts :A
  • meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    We received a postcard and then the eaga showersmart packet arrived - waste of time as we have an electric shower anyway !

Strangely it is not our name on the address label either :(
  • SkipClick
    SkipClick Posts: 688 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thames Water customer

Showerhead
    This water-saving, aerated showerhead will cut the amount of water you use when showering without reducing the performance of your shower. It is not suitable for electric or multijet showers.

ShowerSave
    An alternative to the showerhead, this gadget screws into the bottom of your shower hose and will save you water and energy. It is not suitable for electric or multi-jet showers.

Miracle Tap Spray
    With its 360 degree swivel head the Miracle Tap Spray is great for kitchen mixer taps and will mix air with the water, giving the same effect while using a lower volume of water.

Wash Basin Tap Inserts
    When inserted into wash basin taps they will mix air with the water, giving the same effect while using a lower volume of water.

Save-A-Flush*
    A bag filled with crystals that expands in your toilet cistern to save one litre of water per flush. Suitable for 7 litre cisterns which were usually installed 1993-1999.

Hippo*
    A bag which sits inside the toilet cistern to save two litres of water per flush. Suitable for 9 liter cisterns which were usually installed before 1993.

Shower Timer
    This easy-to-use shower timer will challenge you to finish your shower within 4 minutes.

Water Gel
    When added to hanging baskets and plant pots it helps keep water in the soil reducing the amount of plant watering needed by up to 4 times.

Hose Trigger Gun
    Control watering of your garden with this five setting hose trigger gun.

i did a search cant find any thing hopes help someone. :)
  • stewie_griffin
    Options
    Severn Trent have a similar scheme but with less products

http://www.stwater-savewatersavemoney.co.uk/products/free-water-saving-pack
  • agarr
    agarr Posts: 261 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you OP, the showerhead will come in handy.
  • SpreadPyar
    Options
    Thankyou OP I have ordered mine too!!! Lets see what we as a Family will Save!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smileyheaBy the way 'Pyar means Love' that's what we need more of!!!! :smileyhea
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

Thanks, OP.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• liz_yates
    Options
    got one of these free yesterday,hubby fitted it this morning it cut the flow of the shower so much it took me ten mins longer to shower and get the shampoo out of my hair so how it can save water or gas ill never no its going to cost us more cant wait till he gets home to take it off
  • Dizzyduck
    Options
    This is still on going.
    Have just submitted my order- delivery in approx 28 days.

Thanks to OP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family