Am getting married!!

Well, we've finally, FINALLY set the date, despite being engaged since May 2005 and thinking about getting married this year since last year...

We've decided on attempting to get 2 coachloads of people over to the Isle of Man for the celebrations.

Does anyone have any experience of getting married in the Isle of Man and can recommend some good venues / hotels?

We don't want a big church do as essentially it's just to change my name, as we already have 2 of the biggest commitments - mortgage and baby! :D So we're looking for civil venues that are licensed to perform marriages in the IoM.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Wedding is 1st Sept this year.

Comments

• Sorry cant help but just wanted to say

CONGRATULATIONS
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Welcome to the club!!!! I'm getting married next year in May so I have a while yet to plan. I found a lodof venues by searching on google for wedding venue and then the area I wanted. Also try Confetti - never buy from their shop but do use their indexes ;)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,864 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    congratulations mice_elf :beer:

Martin has a great article HERE all about weddings

with loads of links to helpful threads on the forum

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this: There’s an article on the main site you might like to read that gives more information on this subject.

I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • congratulations, just starting to plan my own but a thread thats recommended above is really great at money saving ideas. hope all goes well with the planning. and enjoy
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • Congratulations!! :cool: :D we'll need to get started organising ours too... 6 months to go! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure