We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Pregnancy Club 24

1…452453455457458…1444

Comments

  • lovecrafting
    lovecrafting Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    lisa26 wrote: »
    Never heard of cheese and onion soup lovecrafting! Sounds yummy though, if you lived near me I'd offer to help you eat it lol!


    i hadnt head of it before until someone on facebook mentioned it so i asked for the recipe and now i need to eat it
  • Morning all :)

    Good luck to Icey today, hope all goes well :)

    Am tired today but have to go out later so just resting up a bit beforehand.

    Hope everyone ok, labour vibes to those who want them :)

    Jovi x
  • No babies for me, still looking like Saturn with my own gravitational pull.

    I do have a nasty chest infection though and spend most of yesterday in bed, midwives today but as I am 40+6 and not 41 weeks they will not consider a sweep, my surgery only runs its clinics on thursdays from the unit so unless its an emergency the next time I will see my midwife is 41+6.
    Little Person Number 4 Due March 2012
    Little Person Number 3 Born Feb 2011
    Little Lump Born 2006
    Big Lump born 2002
  • alizee
    alizee Posts: 310 Forumite
    Hi everyone! i have been completely AWOL for the past few weeks, i do apologize, i got caught up in other bits, will try to catch up to the last few pages of the thread :-)
    Glad to see emsbet's name popping up again :-)

    Well just a little recap from me - I had a growth scan on monday and little one weighing in at around 4 lbs 10 oz which consultant was very happy about and said he will see me at 40 + 4 (to which i said I HOPE NOT!)
    They also found traces of blood and leukocytes in my urine and have sent them off for testing, after a short stay in hospital they've put me on antibiotics and they suspect a UTI but they didn't seem too worried so will try my best not to worry either.
    Have also just had our third session of free antenatal classes and we're really enjoying them! (especially dh as he doesn't normally interact with dads to be so it's nice to see him get involved)
    So far we covered Health visitors, we had a midwife come in and chat to us about stages of labour, pain relief, what happens in the first few days after birth and we also had a session about breastfeeding. Next one is going to be active birthing and in the last session we get to bathe and put a nappy on a baby doll! lol :-D sounds very silly but for a first time mum-to-be that has never done anything like that i'm quite looking forward to it!
    I do occasionally have these random little panics to DH - "OH ! I just realised .. we're gonna have a little person to take care of... and it'll be entirely dependent on us.. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!?!?" to which he laughs and tries to calm me down..
    I was also absolutely chuffed to find out that even though i was considered high(er) risk at the beginning because of my family history with diabetes, high BMI and heart issues -all the tests came back clear so i spoke to my consultant and midwife and they were both quite happy for me to use the birthing pool if that's what i wanted.
    I will not go and check the rest of the thread to see what you lot have been up to!

    PS - 33 week bump pic
    1694zzr.jpg
  • lovecrafting
    lovecrafting Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    its good there going to let you have a water birth if you want it. and that things seem to be ok. and your bump looks verry neat, i am huge compared to you and im a week behind you
  • Gopppers
    Gopppers Posts: 610 Forumite
    Nice bump pic Alizee, I'm way too shy to post one of mine!
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member #881 :D
  • flutterby_lil
    flutterby_lil Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    Morning all

    Just read back but can't remember a thing to write now lol.

    Lovely bump pic alizee.

    I have just got back from 38 week mw appt. I asked if baby was engaged yet and she said no, but in my notes under the eng column, it says 5/5. What is that all about?

    On the wee topic, I managed to go last night without getting up for a wee, full nights sleep and didn't go to toilet again from going at 11pm until 8am....how good is that?!?!?

    I feel a bit bored today. Just been to see my friends 3 week old little man :) awwwwwww
  • flutterby_lil
    flutterby_lil Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    Ravenlady wrote: »
    No babies for me, still looking like Saturn with my own gravitational pull.

    I do have a nasty chest infection though and spend most of yesterday in bed, midwives today but as I am 40+6 and not 41 weeks they will not consider a sweep, my surgery only runs its clinics on thursdays from the unit so unless its an emergency the next time I will see my midwife is 41+6.

    Oh thats a pain, hope they will change the rules slightly for one day!!
  • lisa26_2
    lisa26_2 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    I think they write how much of the head they can feel so 5/5 means they can feel all of it and none of it is engaged if that makes sense?

    I've already eaten my lunch. And dinner won't be until after 9pm.....I can't see me making it without a snack lol! I don't know why but I seem to be constantly hungry all morning from shortly after breakfast then once I have lunch I manage the afternoon ok.
  • flutterby_lil
    flutterby_lil Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    lisa26 wrote: »
    I think they write how much of the head they can feel so 5/5 means they can feel all of it and none of it is engaged if that makes sense?

    I've already eaten my lunch. And dinner won't be until after 9pm.....I can't see me making it without a snack lol! I don't know why but I seem to be constantly hungry all morning from shortly after breakfast then once I have lunch I manage the afternoon ok.

    Ah right yeah that makes sense. Thanks.

    I came back from midwife with legs like jelly and needed food quick. I am ashamed to say I have had the following: (but i have told myself i must only eat fruit this aft lol)


    2 packets of discos.
    2 pitta bread with salad and cheese
    4 jaffa cakes
    2 x 2 fingered kitkats
    2 buns that we made yesterday....I am pleased to report i am now full hahahah.

    I never have tea till about 8 when OH gets home so i am used to it now.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.