DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 8

Options

Comments

• Tigsmom
    Tigsmom Posts: 290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can HSBC use my daughters Child Trust Fund to clear my HSBC cc debt?
  • ben80
    ben80 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    Really tired and crazy week here too, with another one to follow on its tail next week

OH and I are headed for the sofa with a 10% celebration bottle of 13.5% wine, a bar of 85% cocoa chocolate and an episode (7.69231% of the series) or two (15.38462%) of The Shield.

Have a great weekend and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the information, advice and support my geeky debt twin HH :)

TTFTM xx

Loving this post! Go geek!

(Just in case this is relevant for you: If you drive a VW/Audi/Skoda/SEAT diesel, I would put money on it being the wiring to/from injector number 1. Or if it's a relatively new model, it'll be the injector itself - which will be replaced for free).
    LBM - 11/08
    DMP - 12/08 - £37,255
    DFD - [STRIKE]03[/STRIKE] 02/13 - [STRIKE]£6,454[/STRIKE] £3916 to go! (Unless my PPI & FOS claims are upheld, then it'll be earlier!)
  • Gazza1964
    Gazza1964 Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi,

Just got my first letter back today - MBNA have agreed to stop all charges and interest. :j

Feel so much better after getting this.

I hope my other creditors are this helpful.

Thanks to all of you again for your advice and to those who post about the progress of their own DMP - its a great help

Gazza
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Tigsmom wrote: »
    Can HSBC use my daughters Child Trust Fund to clear my HSBC cc debt?

No that money belongs to your daughter not you.
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • Grand_Benders
    Options
    Gazza1964 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just got my first letter back today - MBNA have agreed to stop all charges and interest. :j

Feel so much better after getting this.

I hope my other creditors are this helpful.

Thanks to all of you again for your advice and to those who post about the progress of their own DMP - its a great help

Gazza

So far I've had letters from Capital One and Barclaycard confirming theyve stopped interest and charges.

I like this thread too, seeing everyone's progress and feeling supported. :)
  • ben80
    ben80 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    Just checked the DMP, total debt now £6,454 (down from £7443). Love this time of the month, makes the week up to payday a little easier seeing that drop!
    LBM - 11/08
    DMP - 12/08 - £37,255
    DFD - [STRIKE]03[/STRIKE] 02/13 - [STRIKE]£6,454[/STRIKE] £3916 to go! (Unless my PPI & FOS claims are upheld, then it'll be earlier!)
  • willeynotwiley
    Options
    In need of advice please...

has anyone else had issues moving the direct debit for a Natwest mortgage to a non Natwest account? Our mortgage is not included in our DMP but the Natwest overdraft is so have moved to Barclays. Natwest are now trying to say it would be easier to simply withdraw cash and pay it off the mortgage each month!!! Not only is that not feasible for the remainder of the mortgage, I was under the impression that mortgage payments HAD to be made by direct debit?

I don't understand why they are reluctant to move the payment.
    Valuable life advice: never play chicken with a lion...the lion will ALWAYS win!:eek:
  • Tigsmom
    Options
    Growurown wrote: »
    No that money belongs to your daughter not you.

Oh good. I just had a horrible feeling about it! Thanks.x
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I called the Nat West helpline regarding the fees I have been charged due to the late payment of my salary. No information whatsoever apart from saying they had agreed with all other banks that they would support their own customers. Well my bank didn't support me.

I wanted to find out what documentation I would need in order to claim back charges before I went to the local branch. I'm guessing they won't accept self printed statements from my online account. I will try that first and see what they say, but I don't suppose they will reimburse me for the time and travel costs though. :mad:
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
  • Tigsmom
    Options
    Growurown wrote: »
    I called the Nat West helpline regarding the fees I have been charged due to the late payment of my salary. No information whatsoever apart from saying they had agreed with all other banks that they would support their own customers. Well my bank didn't support me.

I wanted to find out what documentation I would need in order to claim back charges before I went to the local branch. I'm guessing they won't accept self printed statements from my online account. I will try that first and see what they say, but I don't suppose they will reimburse me for the time and travel costs though. :mad:

If the company you work for bank with Natwest and that's why your wages were late, thus causing you to be charged, can't you put a claim in to your wages dept and then they claim it back from Natwest?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure