DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 8

Options

Comments

• Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Tigsmom wrote: »
    Sorry about the car.

I'd heard M&S can be bad. I rarely shopped there but was annoyed they wouldn't accept any other cc as payment.

:T:T:T for doing so well clearing so much so soon. Do you overpay? We're just starting our DMP and if we carry on living as we are we might have some spare at the end of the month. I'm not sure if I should save it for emergencies or use it to clear our debts earlier.

Thanks Tigsmom :)

The car is a nightmare, just wish we had got rid of it before we started shelling all this money out. Now we have paid it, we resent losing it and starting over. It's a real catch 22 and we need a car that can travel 90 miles a day with no problems. Oh and of course, there is no money to buy one :wall:

M&S are terrible to deal with, they just ignore everything. We are giving it a go with the FOS but not holding our breath. HH is suffering M&S-itis too :(

We have a high payment DMP and that obviously has helped massively but we did get a lot of charges piled on at the start which almost wiped out our first payment. Yes we do overpay, we know we shouldn't but the creditors still charging drive us around the bend so we try to negate the effect of the added interest by extra payments. We are currently concentrating on trying to pay off a NatWest OD, then will start on another interest charging debt, probably the dreaded M&S :mad:
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Bad news and good news from me today.

Bad news 1: Car cost another £265 to "fix" last weekend and is still playing up :(

Bad news 2: I hate M&S whose current charges will extend our debt to them by 44 months. If I had any choice, they would get £1 per month forever :mad:

Good news: 166 days into our DMP, we have managed to pay off £8,202 which adds up to just over 10%* of our debt. :j

Next week when CCCS make payments on the 25th this should go up to just over 12% :j:j

* Current figure is actually 10.0878164% on my work calculator, this information is provided just for my twin debt geek HH :D

Funny you should say that....just reading and noticed your signature said 10% woop woop. Your post made me laugh out loud. Am very tired and at the end of a long week so it was especially welcome.

Well done you!

HHx
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    I'm no expert but I think you should pay the council tax first as it's a priority debt, even if it means cutting down the amount you pay on other debts. If you don't pay council tax you could go to prison, that's why it's classed as a priority, even if it's on a second property.

Agreed

HHx
  • Tigsmom
    Tigsmom Posts: 290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DH has just asked what do we do if our creditors don't accept our DMP offers? Anyone know? We aren't going to be able to afford much more.
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Funny you should say that....just reading and noticed your signature said 10% woop woop. Your post made me laugh out loud. Am very tired and at the end of a long week so it was especially welcome.

Well done you!

HHx

Really tired and crazy week here too, with another one to follow on its tail next week

OH and I are headed for the sofa with a 10% celebration bottle of 13.5% wine, a bar of 85% cocoa chocolate and an episode (7.69231% of the series) or two (15.38462%) of The Shield.

Have a great weekend and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the information, advice and support my geeky debt twin HH :)

TTFTM xx
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    DH has just asked what do we do if our creditors don't accept our DMP offers? Anyone know? We aren't going to be able to afford much more.

None of mine said they accepted or rejected. Just pay it. It will all work out!

Pay no more.

Celebrate the positives the rest will follow.

HHx
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Really tired and crazy week here too, with another one to follow on its tail next week

OH and I are headed for the sofa with a 10% celebration bottle of 13.5% wine, a bar of 85% cocoa chocolate and an episode (7.69231% of the series) or two (15.38462%) of The Shield.

Have a great weekend and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the information, advice and support my geeky debt twin HH :)

TTFTM xx

Howling :rotfl::rotfl:

Am an old spinster, the advantage is I get the whole bottle and book 2 of 50 shades! Curry ordered, rice and nan from moi, totally mse i can do rice as good as the take away!

One week to pay day for me, or 6 sleeps!

Enjoy

HHx
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    a bar of 85% cocoa chocolate and an episode (7.69231% of the series) or two (15.38462%) of The Shield.

TTFTM xx

The dinner box from Hotel Chocolat is on my list for celebrating finishing the DMP!

HHx
  • Tigsmom
    Tigsmom Posts: 290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheers HH. I'll continue my budgeting based on the original CCCS recommended payments then.

Enjoy your wine & takeaway. Free listing on Ebay this weekend so I'm having a clearout!
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Cheers HH. I'll continue my budgeting based on the original CCCS recommended payments then.

Enjoy your wine & takeaway. Free listing on Ebay this weekend so I'm having a clearout!

Thanks, you too. Hold your nerve, it will get better. Look forward to all the things you will be celebrating by Xmas

HHx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport