PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Monday 9th January

Options

Comments

• jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    Sending love to Beth Uolypool and LameWolf in particular, I am really only lurking atm, not feeling like too much conversation. Thanks for the mention wmf. Xxx
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all
    Hugs to all those in need, & so many of us it seems.
    I've had a bit of a day today, I bit into a sandwich & broke a tooth, got pushed to the floor by 2 students, I was so cross, I ordered them both to the head masters room & they went, despite them being loads bigger than me, I have strained a couple of muscles & my knees will be black & blue tomorrow, then I arrived home to fine a neighbour has broken down across my drive & I can't park. Heyho only small thing, but I'm glad today is nearly over.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Oh HESTER poor you, hope those brats get what they deserve. I'm begining to wonder if this thread is jinxed, so many in pain, illness, worries and the list goes on. If you don't feel well tomorrow take the day off. Serves them right.
  • mrstree
    mrstree Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all
    Well it was a busy day at work today, Hester I hope you are ok. I got caught in the tail end of a fight not long after I started working and got pushed into a bench, I had the biggest bruise over my hip, and couldn't stop shaking.
    I hope everyone has a better day tomorrow
    take care
    x
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    goodness there is some sadness on the thread today

beth take it easy and rest , glad the ops over x

HH i cant believe what happens to you at that school :eek: my DH is a teacher and ive never heard anything like that happening where he works . they need to protect their staff alot more at your place. I hope you are not too sore tomorrow x

uolypool you sound like a fab mum to me , hope hes soon on the mend x

tea all done , DD1 has gone to her gymnastics coaching job , then goes straight to her biology tutor she should be back about 9pm
    DD2 is waiting for her saxophone teacher to arrive

i am going to kick back and have a cuppa
  • Shalva
    Shalva Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    Beth......glad you are home and can rest a bit now, enjoy your meal.

uolypool..what a shock your poor son, and you,....at least he is being taken care of now....

Lame wolf.no wise words but please take confort from your friends here...

Penny Pincher ..nice to see you posting, glad you are being looked after...

monnogram hugs

jackie g.best wishes.........

hugs, spoons, best wishes to all here today.....

S.
  • NoahsPennilessMummy
    Options
    Ullypool sorry to hear about your son..if they have put a drain in it is most likely a haematoma that has developed around the injury site...basically a collection of blood, the drain will hae relieved the pressure.
    Lamewolf ......sorry you are feeling low, do keep coming back daily and chatting..you know you hate eating alone ;)
    I am not on here much as like JG I don`t want much conversation at the mo, but am getting on with it x
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So much sadness on here today, LW I can see where you are coming from big hugs to you.
    Uolypool - hope DS recovers soon, you've had more than your fair share of troubles just lately.
    Monnogran - Many hugs to you on losing Cassie.
    Happy Birthday Mummysaver!
    HH - Hope you're not too sore and remember to log what happened.
    Bramble - Today will have been hard on you and your family, hope you find comfort.
    nmlc - Belated birthday greetings.
    Pen-Pin - Take care.
    Beth - Glad to see you posting and you're back with us, take care of yourself.

Evening All

Just sat watching Celebrity Mastermind and Martin Lewis is doing well! First day back at school for me, it wasn't too bad but found it hard getting up, dressed and civil to people so early on in the day! I think I have got used to long lies and pleasing myself. Came home and went for a lovely walk to try to get some sort of exercise for the day. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the weather was great (raining now though).

Had hm soup for lunch and lo bean stew for tea, washing on airers and ready for a relax. DD working all day and has now gone to play hockey.

That's Monday nearly done, hope the rest of the week improves. Take care. XX
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Evening All

Still shattered.. it had to be today that next door had work start on their new kitchen, so no nap for me.

beth 2 weeks for results seems a long time. Sorry to hear that you have cystitis as well to top it all off, but I hope you are on the mend soon, just learn to be waited on for a change.

uollypool I hope that your DS is ok and that he is home soon x

Lamewolf I know how wearing pain can be, what would you do without us nutters to keep you going x

JackieG (((((Hugs))))) to all we are here when you want to chat x

NPM Keep strong hun, I still think that you do a fantastic job with Noah ((((((Hugs))))) x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • miffy257
    miffy257 Posts: 890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LW Please keep posting I really enjoy your posts , you are so wise.
    Uolypool - hope DS recovers soon.
    Monnogran - So sorry that you have had to make that decision about Cassie, these animals really leave a big hole in our hearts when they leave us.
    HH - Hope you're not too sore and hope the kids get their just desserts!.
    Beth - Glad to see you posting take care.
    Hugs to all those in need. :)
    £180.00 in 'sistercas'fund
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport