Options
    Interesting!
    I think I may have cracked the code?
    As you bought yours in 2012 and mine was fitted in 2010, I suggest
    1230 3 = 2012 30th March
    1020 3 = 2010 20th March
    so
    15th October 2013 say, would come out as 131510
    As Honeywell is American, I think they prefer Year/Day/Month format?
    If that is the date code system, maybe now, someone will be able to contribute meaningful info about their replacement unit.

Though I'm preferring the name 'MoneyWell' as you throw at lot of money at them, then wish your display would last longer! :)
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you're on the right track - definitely the first two digits are the year. Would be a slight coincidence if ours were both made in March, and there's that strange gap between the numbers.

But I'd be interested in what the date code starts with for those who had replacements sent out - newish, or old? But I suppose with a printed sticker, the date code could just be the date it was newly rennovated, as many manufacturer replacements are conditioned.
  • dampsquib
    dampsquib Posts: 179 Forumite
    edited 20 October 2015 at 10:01PM
    Options
    gwapenut wrote: »
    I think you're on the right track - definitely the first two digits are the year. Would be a slight coincidence if ours were both made in March, and there's that strange gap between the numbers.

I suggest the 'gap' is just because March is a single digit month.
    I'd have used '03' but then I'm not American.

As there is a 'fix', I wondered about buying a spare on Ebay, but, at the weekend, even a couple of faulty units went for around 25 and 35 quid.

Just had another look, to see if anyone had photographed the rear of a unit. Found another model under the brand name Center (models which ad said were also made by Honeywell).
    Code on rear was "1511 4" which must be 2015 11th April?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dampsquib wrote: »
    I suggest the 'gap' is just because March is a single digit month.
    I'd have used '03' but then I'm not American.

As there is a 'fix', I wondered about buying a spare on Ebay, but, at the weekend, even a couple of faulty units went for around 25 and 35 quid.

Just had another look, to see if anyone had photographed the rear of a unit. Found another model under the brand name Center (models which ad said were also made by Honeywell).
    Code on rear was "1511 4" which must be 2015 11th April?
    The Americans also like to use a week number.

Perhaps the date code is yyww d
    i.e "1511 4" could be the fourth day of the eleventh week in 2015.

Just a guess of course. :D
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That makes more sense with mine - week 30, assuming the year starts in Jan and not say autumn of previous year, would be late summer - and I bought my controller in October.

I know they can hang around on shelves for a while, but they're quite an expensive item to keep lots of surplus stock of in an online retailer.
  • dampsquib
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »

Yes, good guessing!
    Now we just need someone to chip in with a real code, something like either "1545 5" or "1530 8" which would then clarify which system it is.
  • dampsquib
    dampsquib Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »

Just did a bit of Googling and you are correct the date code is in the format yyww. I didn't see any info about the 5th digit. It might be day of the week, as suggested, but it's academic as the yyww is the important bit.
    Actually, I've also discovered that a Diagnostics Mode is documented at the end of the Installation Instructions, and one of the items that can be displayed in this mode is the 4 digit Date Code. This feature doesn't work too well though when you display is bust.
    I really ought to read manuals more often rather than just resorting to trial'n'error!
  • lozzaw
    lozzaw Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2015 at 11:32PM
    Options
    Same problem here too. Have had mine over 5 years so Honeywell are saying they can't do anything. I have taken the thing apart to follow the instructions to self-repair. I've tried heating the plastic slider but it is not improving the display. What exactly needs heating? Is it the slider, the circuit board or both? Thanks!
  • Ruski
    Ruski Posts: 1,628 Forumite
    Options
    Insert flat bladed screwdriver to release the two tabs on the back side rear. Trying to add an image...
    Perfection takes time: don't expect miracles in a day :D
  • Ruski
    Ruski Posts: 1,628 Forumite
    edited 16 November 2015 at 11:30PM
    Options
    Perfection takes time: don't expect miracles in a day :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income