Honeywell CM927

Options
After extolling the virtues of the said programmable thermostat, I'm now going to look really stupid :o and tell everyone that it failed on me today - coincidentally the first day of the year - I'm hoping it's not some 12 year delayed millenium bug!

Anyhow - hoping kanuckle et al who have experience in fitting these things can tell me that they've come across this before:
Wireless remote unit is working - but the display is blank - the backlight works and it still functions properly, I just can't see anything on the display itself.
Yes - tried the batteries etc etc and the unit is two months old.

Please tell me these things just give up somethimes and I'll go back to supplier tomorrow to try a swap... if I'm very lucky:D

Cheers in advance guys and gals

Russ
Perfection takes time: don't expect miracles in a day :D

Comments

• Myser
    Myser Posts: 1,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting, I wonder if there is a bug with these.

Someone else posted with a similar problem on the Techie Stuff forum:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3704047
    If my post hasn't helped you, then don't click the 'Thanks' button! ;)
  • Ruski
    Ruski Posts: 1,628 Forumite
    Options
    I wish there were a factory reset - but there doesn't seem to be.

I'll try taking batteries out overnight (and be very cold in the morning) to see if I can get any sort of reset out of it that way... brrrr.....
  • Myser
    Myser Posts: 1,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's something about resetting the programmes on page 13 of the manual?
    If my post hasn't helped you, then don't click the 'Thanks' button! ;)
  • Ruski
    Options
    Yeah - that's just resetting the default programmes, not the actual unit itself - need a hard reboot not a soft one:rotfl:
  • Ruski
    Options
    Well after waking up freezing this morning I put the batteries back in and hey-presto! Absolutely nothing... booo.... it's still 'working' as such, just no display... back to supplier it goes.... bit of a pain but maybe I was just unlucky:(
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    Are they proper alkaline batteries and not rechargables?
  • Ruski
    Options
    gas4you wrote: »
    Are they proper alkaline batteries and not rechargables?

Yes Gas4 - original ones and a set of new Duracell made no difference....
    Diagnostic from my friendly Heating Engineer... and I quote.... "if screen gone it f****d"

Better luck next time...
  • deehell
    deehell Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    We have multiple Honeywell CM927s in our house and 1 screen has completely gone - cannot see anything - and another is just about gone - thermostat still works fine, but the LED is virtually blank.

All installed about 4 years ago. They should have a longer working life than that and I can see from a Google search that they cost over £100 each to replace.

I am going to write to Honeywell as their unhelpful tech support web page says they don't respond to consumers (although I'll try when they re-open next week).

Will advise if I get anything.
  • Ruski
    Options
    Very interesting Deehell... I managed to swap mine no questrions asked at the suppliers and thus far the new unit is behaving itself.

Be interesting to see if you get anywhere with Honeywell direct - I doubt it as yours are over 12 months old... but I've crossed my fingers for you!

Let us all know

Russ
  • deehell
    Options
    Well, I did write to Honeywell via their website, and they were prompt in responding to me. I quoted the thread here too!

They asked me to provide them with various proofs of installation etc, which were not unreasonable given the age - 4+ years - of these units. Their normal guarantee is 12 months.

They have just confirmed to me that they will supply me 2 new units and have asked me to send the 2 faulty units back to them.

All credit to a professional supplier, who has used their discretion wisely. Thank you Honeywell.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure