Unredeemable Co-Op Voucher **Praise!**

Options

Comments

• fluffnutter
    fluffnutter Posts: 23,179 Forumite
    Options
    Honeydog wrote: »
    It isn't impossible to redeem if you can use it at the original store though!

Stands to reason that if they are giving you something for nothing that they actually want to to revisit their store.

I can see why you are annoyed but it isn't the end of the world.

Why on earth does it need to be the original store? The Coop is a national business; each store isn't competing with one another.

More to the point, if it's only redeemable in the original store then it must say so.
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
  • texranger
    texranger Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Options
    The Co-operative Group is several businesses
    Northern Co op
    Midland Co op
    Co Operative Insurance Society (CIS)
    Co op Funeral Services (funeralcare)
    Co operative Banking Group
    Co-operative Estates
    Co-operative farms
    Co-operative Pharmacy
    Co-operative Travel (The Thomas Cook Group, The Co-operative Group and the Midlands Co-operative are delighted the Competition Commission has provisionally cleared their merger to create the UK’s largest multi-channel travel retailer)
  • lil.smartie
    Options
    We have Rad-Co (Radstock based) and the regular type here, can use my card in one in Shepton Mallet & not the other, again I didn't know until I tried to use my member card!

Kate
  • Honeydog
    Honeydog Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    Why on earth does it need to be the original store? The Coop is a national business; each store isn't competing with one another.

More to the point, if it's only redeemable in the original store then it must say so.

Do I really need to spell it out? Ok then.

Presumably the OP bought the PS3 from a Co-Op with an electrical section. With me so far?

An employee (at a checkout) told the OP that it needed to be redeemed at an electrical store. Remember that bit?

Therefore as the OP has tried to use the voucher at several other places and it hasn't worked. It would stand to reason that if they took it back to the purchasing store that it would actually work there.
    Got it now?

The OP described the voucher as "seemingly impossible to redeem" but hasn't been back to the original store yet. If they do they might find it isn't impossible to redeem after all.

I couldn't care less about the Co-op being a National company. The OP got a voucher for nothing (free money) and is whining about not being able to spend it where they like.

Tough - just take it back to the original store or throw it away. I know what I would do.

Jeez.
    Don't grow up. Its a trap!

Peace, love and labradors!
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Honeydog wrote: »
    Do I really need to spell it out? Ok then.

Presumably the OP bought the PS3 from a Co-Op with an electrical section. With me so far?

An employee (at a checkout) told the OP that it needed to be redeemed at an electrical store. Remember that bit?

Therefore as the OP has tried to use the voucher at several other places and it hasn't worked. It would stand to reason that if they took it back to the purchasing store that it would actually work there.
    Got it now?

The OP described the voucher as "seemingly impossible to redeem" but hasn't been back to the original store yet. If they do they might find it isn't impossible to redeem after all.

I couldn't care less about the Co-op being a National company. The OP got a voucher for nothing (free money) and is whining about not being able to spend it where they like.

Tough - just take it back to the original store or throw it away. I know what I would do.

Jeez.

Wow, what crawled up your !!! and bit you? Happy New Year love :D

Having received a voucher for purchasing something, a voucher which comes with no stated terms and conditions I am well within my rights to expect to be able to redeem it be it for £5 or £500.

And, not that its any of your business but I cant actually get to the store that you seem to think will redeem it, but that doesn't matter anyway as T&C's on the voucher don't say I have to.

Also, an employee at another local Co-Op (friend of mine) remember that bit? Tells me that
    t is my understanding that vouchers from other co-op societies should be accepted across ALL businesses headed 'the co-operative' we, meaning co-op group have been told we should accept vouchers from 'midlands' and vice versa
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 December 2011 at 3:53PM
    Options
    I'd be narked and all.
    Interestingly I *think* I'm further North than you and yet my local Co-op (which looks like yours) is Midlands...

ALSO I'm a member of both the Midlands Co-op (bee card) and the Co-op group (bee card) - and I can use either card to get my divvy...

difference is I get cash into the bank with the national but vouchers with the Midlands (I use whichever card I find first)

I would write and complain because I can see no reason why the card couldn't have been accepted in the first (Midland) shop you visited...

according to the T&Cs you were only NOT allowed to use it in the cafe!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pulliptears
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    I'd be narked and all.
    Interestingly I *think* I'm further North than you and yet my local Co-op (which looks like yours) is Midlands...

ALSO I'm a member of both the Midlands Co-op (bee card) and the Co-op group (bee card) - and I can use either card to get my divvy...

difference is I get cash into the bank with the national but vouchers with the Midlands (I use whichever card I find first)

I would write and complain because I can see no reason why the card couldn't have been accepted in the first (Midland) shop you visited...

according to the T&Cs you were only NOT allowed to use it in the cafe!

Funny isn't it what dictates a Northern or Midland Co-Op lol

I know its only a fiver, and I'm not hard up enough to be that desperate for a fiver, but its the principle of being given a voucher that T&C's tell me I can't use in a cafe (fair enough!) but I seemingly can't use anywhere else either.

I have emailed CS so we'll see what happens now :D
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    As long as it's a bee card store that you got the voucher from, you should be able to redeem the voucher at any other bee card accepting store.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• texranger
    texranger Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Options
    well you have to use this by tomorrow ( 2/1/2012) and i dare say CS would be open until 3/1/2012 at the latest.
  • pulliptears
    edited 1 January 2012 at 11:28AM
    Options
    texranger wrote: »
    well you have to use this by tomorrow ( 2/1/2012) and i dare say CS would be open until 3/1/2012 at the latest.

I have emailed them tex, will leave it at that now. Stafford is a heck of a treck for a £5 voucher and I'm not that desperate for it :D Just slightly irritated to be given something that I can't use but we shall see what CS come back with :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure