PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options

I think setting a goal of 1 hour's worth of cardio exercise (anything from swimming, running, walking briskly, aerobics etc) per day and 15 mins of strength/toning work would be a good challenge. )

Good Luck shouts savesummore over her shoulder as she runs away from you, scared of getting dragged into the challenge :rotfl::rotfl:

Seriously good luck thats going to take some doing!! My challenge is to do either swimming or the shred everyday
    fuddle wrote: »
    Hello everyone :)

I have to say I am embarrassed to show my face again, having done exactly of what many of you predicted I would but I enjoyed it here the last time and felt I really did need the weight loss camaraderie. :)

Welcome back!! Dont feel embarrassed no one is here to judge anyone else! And as Molly41 said you have come back before all the good work you have done has been lost :)

I have done 'The Shred' already this morning :j and my thighs are killing me lol!!

I have 8 weigh in's until my holiday well 9 if you count the actual day we plan to go so its full steam head to lose these last 7lbs

Me and OH have booked the time off work and got our hol money put aside but we havent actually booked anything yet :rotfl:we keep going round in circles about where to go- but we will go somewhere thats why I have started to count down
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Hello again,
    I've been thinking about exercise and although I've been doing a zilllion times more than I used to do (which was nothing apart from dogwalking) I don't want to lose momentum and taper off.

So I've come up with a little challenge for myself for the next 7 days - anyone want to join me?

I think setting a goal of 1 hour's worth of cardio exercise (anything from swimming, running, walking briskly, aerobics etc) per day and 15 mins of strength/toning work would be a good challenge.

So here's this week's target.....

Mon - Couch to 5K week 4 run (30mins), minimum of 30 mins brisk dog walking, 15 mins of crunches and triceps work (problem areas for me)

Just a teeny post to report a little victory......

Back from the Couch to 5K run week 4 (no 2) and found it easy:j I think I've found a pace that suits me now and felt like I could carry on for miles (well maybe not that far:p).

From not running for the bus to happily comfortably jogging along is a minor miracle for me - if I can do it anyone can.
    Have a go....you'll surprise yourself!

Have also done 20 mins brisk dog walking - another 30 mins or so to be done this afternoon, doggy will tell me when!
    Just about to get the bean tins out and to get some belly and bingo wings busting done (only 15 mins) - will then collapse in a heap in the shower:rotfl:
  • EllaRose
    EllaRose Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Rose_Wood wrote: »
    L: Second half of the cauliflower crust pizza I made yesterday.

Hi Rose Wood. Sorry if you've already said, but what is this and how do you make it? I'm fascinated!:)
    :)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all, welcome newbies, welcome back fuddle :hello:, good to see you, guilt-free I hope cos you have to do what you feel is right for you at the time

The weekend away was amazing, I own to eating like a pig but Hilton, silver service, gala dinners, huge buffet breakfasts - what do you do?! But I was a good girl on Sat and spend 1 1/2 hours in their gym, not as comprehensive as my local of course but hardly anyone in there so we three had it almost to ourselves.

Back to normal for the next few weeks, well apart from a wedding, weekend away etc, so...

B - F&F, ss milk
    D - chicken & veg curry with fusilli. Apple
    T - cup of soup, crackerbreads with vegemite, prawns, marmalade
    S - a dozen Pringles (must give the tube to little one next door before I devour the lot, she's great for hoovering up my naughty snacks) pear, grapes, orange
    E - gym session this morning. Will see what this afternoon brings, after two very late nights I just want to sleep! But I mustn't...

Enjoy the rest of the day :)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ok I admit it... I have no willpower when it comes to food. All my good intentions.... :o

Plans for today:

B - beans on toast
    L - (meeting friends at the Harvester so will probably be flame grilled meat with salad and plain new potatoes. Diet coke)
    This ended up being orginal combo 1/4 spitroast chicken (didnt eat skin) and boneless ribs. I did swap fries and had plain boiled potatoes instead. Then I blew it and had an ice cream sundae... but it was free with voucher so very OS :p
    D - not likely to be hungry but may have a snack of some descrition

Exercise - Still intending to do an hours walk in this evening.

Think I will be lucky to STS this week ....
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 30 July 2012 at 7:02PM
    Options
    Evening All

I've not long been in from work, which was quite quiet today. Welsh Woofer I am happy to join you in your challenge. I've been doing tricep dips at intervals over the day when it has been quiet and also nipped out of work for milk and walked half a mile carrying 6 2 litre milk cartons (3 in each hand) which must surely count for the strength and toning! I also went running for nearly an hour with walks at both ends.

EllaRose, the cauliflower crust pizza is because I am trying to eat low carb and avoid bread etc. It is made of grated cauliflower (microwaved for 6-8 min), mixed with grated mozarella and oregano and then baked for 20 minutes. You then add toppings as desired as in any pizza and cook that. If you google low carb pizza or cauliflower crust pizza there are loads of recipes. And it adds another vegetable to the days intake which is a bonus.

B: Toast with raspberry jam and butter (not low carb but I was running this morning).
    L: (At work) 3 low carb crispbreads with garlic cream cheese and cherry tomatoes. Frozen yoghurt with raspberries.
    D: Chicken in a creamy garlic sauce with onions and yesterdays left over vegetables stirred in, served with broccoli and cauliflower. HM chocolate mousse. I found some tiny but pretty glasses in a charity shop the other day that make super small portions to serve.

5754012.jpg

Exercise: 4 mile run. Walks to and from work and to shops adding up to another 3 miles or so. Tricep dips at intervals over the day, and carrying some very heavy bags containing 24 pints of milk for 10 minutes.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fuddle I agree with most, we're definitely not one to judge! I was the same with SW. It's good that you came back sooner than later.

My day hasn't been too bad:
    B: Cereal with yoghurt, 1/6 of melon
    L: cream cheese and ham wrap with salad, pear
    D: HM fried rice with some sweet chilli sauce and 2 krisprolls
    S: apple, snack-a-jacks, polos

I've had a bloated and grumbly tummy all day today, getting worse after every meal. I was trying to give up sugar today, but wound up buying polos because peppermint can help sometimes (except it didn't). Must find out what's upsetting my stomach, I'm going to have to start cutting out certain things to see what helps.
  • Evie74_2
    Evie74_2 Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone and big wave to Fuddle! Don't be embarrassed hun; we're all only human and sometimes (for me at least) the diet goes on the back burner while my life gets in the way!

Very busy work day today, and lack of kitchen means that today's meals have mainly been scrabbled-about-for leftovers (very OS though!)

B: Oatbran porridge (made with water) and a banana (and 2tsp sugar 'cos I forgot my sweetener at work and it was foul without!)

L: Goats cheese, salad and a slice of granary bread

D: Small amount of leftover chicken (30g-ish), wafer thin ham (3 slices), 3 thin slices of chorizo, big salad and 2 tbsp leftover couscous from yesterday. 2 pieces of Nimble bread (not tried it before; YS to 14p in Mr T on Sunday so I thought it was worth a go!). Small portion gooseberry crumble (made by my mum out of pity for those with no kitchen)

S: Banana, fat free yogurt

Not a bad day. Still in credit with WW points, even though I feel like I've eaten a lot.

No exercise at all though: not good. Once I get my house back I will get back on the exercise bike/DVD wagon again.

Hope you've all had good days :)

Evie xx
    "Live simply, so that others may simply live"
    Weight Loss Challenge: 0/70
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 July 2012 at 8:04PM
    Options
    I've had a bloated and grumbly tummy all day today, getting worse after every meal. I was trying to give up sugar today, but wound up buying polos because peppermint can help sometimes (except it didn't). Must find out what's upsetting my stomach, I'm going to have to start cutting out certain things to see what helps.

Hi minicooper, I have had similar symptoms for about 4 days, so I sympathise with you. There is a stomach bug going around here at the moment. I found milk and milk products were making it worse. I seem to be back to normal today, so thankfully I think mine was just a bug.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Back from hols :( although I was very good (most of the time)
    I've just caught up with all the posts for the last week, and I'm ashamed to say that my daily walk last week was nothing near the amount of exercise some of you manage each day!

Well, I'm starting again tomorrow, and will be extremely careful about what I eat, so no more ice creams!!! I'm hoping that the walking will have offset the junk I ate last week, and I won't have put any back on!

Belated birthday wishes Sparrer - it was my birthday last Wednesday too!
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport