PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Options

Comments

• Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Options
    Now this is NOT exactly 'decluttering' - but it could have the potential to become 'decluttering' .....................

I've just bitten the bullet and set up an Ebay/Paypal A/c ......... AND done my first listing. I'm feeling a bit like ':eek: - what have I bin and gone and done shrug.gif?'

Fingers crossed for my first sale :D!
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 December 2012 at 3:08PM
    Options
    Thanks for your good wishes. Had a quick walk and some food. Will try and air the house to let some fresh air in.

I'm going to do 15 mins in the room of doom. And in the garage.

I hope everyone is ok. Keep decluttering. Keep donating and ebaying. Lets have less stuff, more life :A

Edit: garage bounty includes
    102. Old slippers cs (they can rag bag these if necessary)
    103.104. Pair of Knitting needles cs
    105. Reflexology socks cs
    106. Pen
    107. Kite packaging. Kite long gone
    108. Cardboard packaging
    109. Bag of rubbish
    110. Broken xmas lights, very old
    111. Packaging
    112.113.114.115. Plastic lids.
    116. Polystyrene packaging
    117. Cardboard packaging
    118. Old table
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Lilyplonk wrote: »

I've just bitten the bullet and set up an Ebay/Paypal A/c ......... AND done my first listing. I'm feeling a bit like ':eek: - what have I bin and gone and done shrug.gif?'

Fingers crossed for my first sale :D!

Well, you could have started an eBay addiction.

In April 2009 I signed up to eBay as I wanted to get rid of a set of garden table and chairs.

I thought it was fun, so I found a few other things to sell, and then some more, and then I sold some things on behalf of a relative and a friend, and next year, I'm going to get into eBay in a very small business way, by buying at boot fairs and collectors fairs and selling them on eBay.

I've still got stuff of my own to declutter, which I'll eBay, but I will have more stuff coming in:eek: which will hopefully go quite quickly.

Good luck with your first sale!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • mineallmine
    Options
    119. Old kite! Thought this had been binned
    120. Watering can attachment
    121. Picnic rug
    122. Old material

That's enough now in the garage :)

Such a long way to go in there but one step at a time :A
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
  • Becky_2
    Becky_2 Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    Options
    Today I had planned to go out and do some food & Christmas shopping however the central heating system failed to start this morning. So, instead I have spent the day indoors waiting for the british gas engineer to turn up since I was lucky enough that they could fit us in today.

Things achieved today:
    * ironing
    * I have sorted out 3 photo albums, now only have 4 more to sort out
    * I have cleaned the bathroom, the bathroom shelf and all mirrors and at the same managed to use up a conditioner from a hotel. To help reducing my stash of hotel freebies I now clean all zinks with conditioner
    * An unloved room spray is now being used up as a bathroom spray
    * All packaging material is now in the recycling bin

I am now having a coffee break and decluttering some maltersers.

Enjoy your weekend and happy decluttering.
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
  • mineallmine
    edited 8 December 2012 at 7:41PM
    Options
    123.124.125.126. Old xmas decs
    127-148. Empty cardboard boxes from the loft. Yes 21! Hubby retrieved these while looking for xmas decs.
    149. Game cs
    150. Kiddies kite cs
    151. Old eye cream
    152.153.154.155.156.157.158. Xmas decs (cs)

:j
  • loopychriss
    Options
    127-148. Empty cardboard boxes from the loft. Yes 21! Hubby retrieved these while looking for xmas decs.

LOL!!! Our loft was pretty much the same: he keeps boxes from all the big items in case they have to be returned. Then when I asked if they could be recycled it was "we'll need them when we move". Daughter and boyfriend needed some boxes to pack stuff in while their house was being worked on, so I lent them our boxes. Now OH says that it doesn't matter if we don't get them back as we can always get some more from supermarkets etc.!!! I'll just let him carry on thinking that was his idea!

Nothing been done here for a couple of days, have had to be out for the past 2 days and have been very lazy about tidying/cleaning/decluttering. Only just managed to pack the rest of the shopping from yesterday away this evening.

Still got the Christmas cards to write.... am suffering from stress which causes my neck muscles to tense up, causing headaches, also got tinnitus, so not feeling the best. Trying my best to relax and unwind but it isn't happening! Going to spend tomorrow concentrating on tidying up, putting things back in their rightful homes, and then maybe tackle the cards. Till granddaughter arrives for her overnight stay... then everything will go to pot! Still, any excuse not to get on with jobs, and they'll still be waiting to be done when she's gone home!
    Keep Calm and Carry On Kondoing

• mineallmine
    Options
    That was such a good idea of "his" wasn't it loopychriss! :) these boxes were for stuff we no longer even own! They just got tucked behind other things. All flattened now ready for recycling collection.
    Sounds like you need to rest loopychriss. Tidying and cards can be done whenever. Think what do I want to do and do it. So maybe make some bags. Watch a favourite film. Don't push yourself. :A

Will finish the tree today. And flit about looking for stuff to declutter.

Hubby brought down lots of books from the loft so I need to sort through them.

Determined to get out in the fresh air today again for a walk. So its not all work :A
  • Lilyplonk
    Options
    :wave: good morning declutterers everywhere! What a wild and windswept night we've had - kind of weather that I associate with Wuthering Heights - brrrrr. Heard the wheelie bins shuffling about a bit - just hope that they've not blown over. Daren't look yet :undecided.

No plans to go anywhere today - so it's going to be some serious decluttering for me, ready for the bin collection tomorrow ...............

:T on making some headway in your garage, mineallmine - and good to hear that your migraine has retreated :). After hearing what's come out of your garage, I'm so pleased that I don't have one ;)! Wish I lived closer to you - I'd soon find a use for all those cardboard boxes :D.

:rotfl: Goldengirl - I had a feeling that this could be the case with Ebay - may not have time to 'settle right into it' just yet, but time will tell ................. :D

Rotten luck with the boiler, Becky - but every cloud .............. and all that - gave you an unexpected opportunity to 'get stuck in' while waiting for the Engineer :j. Great tip about the Hotel Conditioner - didn't know it could be used for cleaning with. Heaven alone knows what they actually put in the stuff, but I'd hate to think what it does to folk's hair. Thank the Lord that I only ever pinch the stuff instead of using it :rotfl:!

You sound like me at the moment, loopychriss - with 'life getting in the way' of being organised :o. For the past few days, our front door has been like a revolving one - with OH and me just passing each other in/out. I have a nasty habit of emptying my backpack onto the sofa to find what's in there - then it stays there till I sprawl in the evening and kick it all off the end :rotfl:. Shopping gets dumped onto the kitchen table and only the stuff that needs refrigerating/freezing actually gets 'dealt with properly'.

Ok then, I need to start with clearing all my carp off the sofa - then sort the kitchen table - then fold and put away all the laundry from yesterday ..................... I feel like Captain Scott telling his explorer friends 'I may be some time ................' ;).

speak again later - bye for now Lilyplonk xxx
  • Lilyplonk
    Options
    Coffee Break time coffee.gif!

Have now put away all the baking stuff that had to be 'got out again' couple of days ago for fairy cake making :o - now back in the box for moving - complete with label marked 'DO NOT OPEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!!!'

Packed items from Baking Supplies Cupboard into 2 large [STRIKE]Tupperware[/STRIKE] Supermarket Own Boxes - chucked out various part-opened packets of 'stuff' dating from 'Use by 2006' - how disgusting :eek: :o!

Cleared the sofa from the last two days' 'dumping of backpack contents' :o.

Folded clean laundry back into the 'dirty laundry storage containers' and put them on stairs for carrying up later - nobody goes upstairs empty-handed that way :rotfl:!

Oh well - once more unto the breach, dear friends ................
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure