PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Options

Comments

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 January 2012 at 9:15AM
    Options
    Ditch 100 in January 60/100

Been a bit slack as not feeling too great, have found a few more bits

56 Picture Frame - charity shop
    57 Picture - to mum
    58 Clock - to mum
    59 bag of "junk" - school (model making)
    60 old, tatty cardigan (mine) - bin

Hope to make it to 100 before end of Jan, will start again tomorrow.
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sent off a book that was on Amazon so that's one thing less.

Feeling annoyed as took pictures of stuff to go on ebay under a 10 day listing - stupid camera won't connect to the computer so I need DH to help me. He, needless to say, is abroad with work and won't be back til Tuesday. Wish I wasn't such a technophobe :mad:
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 January 2012 at 10:37PM
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    Sent off a book that was on Amazon so that's one thing less.

Feeling annoyed as took pictures of stuff to go on ebay under a 10 day listing - stupid camera won't connect to the computer so I need DH to help me. He, needless to say, is abroad with work and won't be back til Tuesday. Wish I wasn't such a technophobe :mad:

You don't necessarily need to connect the camera to the computer - does the PC have a little slot that will take the sd card from the camera? If so, problem solved.

Haven't managed any more myself except finishing off the photo weeding on the laptop. Taken little netbook into work to try and sell but no joy yet. Hey ho, Onwards and upwards
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry but I joined the challenge and have lost count but I have de-cluttered loads of stuff to recycling/rubbish/school. Started with DD's room and she cleared out loads of stuff mainly rubbish - empty packets, paper, some clothes. Tonight started DS1 and 2's room - general rubbish and toys/books waiting to be taken to school. Still got the understairs cupboard and underbed drawers to do. The plan is to de-clutter and then springclean, although I have cleaned the inside of the cupboards as they have been sorted.

Still loads to do, but will get there.

Good luck everyone

Pollys
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,962 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The only decluttering done today was the bits DGD used on her art work. I had got my craft room neat and tidy - bit of glitter about now!
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3129 May - 17/15
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £00.00/£100 NSD - 85
    2024 Craft Makes - 213 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rosyq wrote: »
    You don't necessarily need to connect the camera to the computer - does the PC have a little slot that will take the sd card from the camera? If so, problem solved.

Haven't managed any more myself except finishing off the photo weeding on the laptop. Taken little netbook into work to try and sell but no joy yet. Hey ho, Onwards and upwards

Many thanks but no it doesn't - it's a Mac so may be a bit different and I'm a bit nervous to go poking around with DH's computer :o! I did my ironing instead so all was not lost; one job less to do tomorrow. I'm aiming to get the photos done for next Thursday's listing instead and then the items will be on for 2 weekends if I do a 10 day listing.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 January 2012 at 11:26PM
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    Many thanks but no it doesn't - it's a Mac so may be a bit different and I'm a bit nervous to go poking around with DH's computer :o!

Oh gosh I know nothing about Macs :(

Well done on finishing the ironing though, you're way ahead of me there! I'm still putting off DDs room - what a coward, how bad can it be!

Rosy
  • kayjay1809
    Options
    Well this week I have decluttered and cleaned both bedrooms, and the stairs and hallway. Waiting to go to the tip tomorrow with old electrical equipment and cardboard boxes. Will tackle the living room tomorrow.
    2018 - The Year I Will Declutter!
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm going to have to go back and read the pages I've missed properly, but there's been some serious decluttering going on here! :T

We've been moving office at work. If that counted towards my total I'd be around 650/100! Anyway, I managed to get back on the wagon and my total after an evening's concentrated 'sorting of bags' (you know - the stuff you shove in a bag with an airy "I'll sort it later". 3 years later!) is:

Previous total = 9
    10-13 Raspberry canes & fruit bush. Forgot them – don’t know how... :o
    14 Bulbs (ditto!) :o
    15-16 Holey tights
    17 Xmas pudding (got it in a hamper and nobody here likes it)
    18 Box new scales came in
    19-21 Scaffy coathangers
    22-23 Handcream to Ladies cloakroom at work
    24 Chocolate liqueurs :(
    25 Bin bag of general rubbish
    26-27 Bags of paper for recycling
    28 Bag of papers for shredding
    29-31 Jiffibags (rubbish)
    32 Energy monitor (to daughter’s flat)
    33-34 Half bags of left-over apples and pears (hidden in larder. MUST stop doing that – not very MSE) :o
    35 Earbuds (rehoused at work, where I’ll actually use them)
    36-42 Plastic trays/bottles (recycling)
    33-49 Glass bottles (recycling)
    50-60 Catalogues/brochures (recycling)
    61-72 Magazines (recycling)
    73 Ruler (work)
    74 Dental care form. Sent with insurance documents (now filed) and have used it to reclaim payment! :rotfl:

I shoud be able to manage another 26 items in 5 days

Is this happening again in February? I've plenty more bags to sort later! :rotfl:

A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • Sue14
    Sue14 Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This morning, before breakfast, I went through my clothes drawers and found 5 pairs of socks for CS (SIL bought me 3 new pairs for Christmas), and 4 odd knee highs for ragbag. Then I opened up the tub I keep my shoes/boots/sandals in (those that won't fit on the shoe rack in the hall), and put 2 pairs of sandals that hurt my feet into CS bag, and binned a pair of tatty slippers (I have at least 4 other pairs) and a pair of sandals that have seen better days, I really like these ones but I think the straps could snap completely at any time, so best to get rid before that happens.

I also found 3 pomanders in a drawer, 1 of which I opened up and sprayed the contents with some perfume, and then hung it in my wardrobe, the other 2 have pot pourri inside so I may refill and start using or send to CS, they are in my 'not sure' pile for now.

I thought I'd make fajitas for dinner tonight, checked the tortillas I had in the cupboard and the last 2 in the old pack had gone hard, (BBE July 11, so not surprising, lol!) so they have been thrown out for the birds. Luckily I have a fresh pack in the cupboard so can still do the fajitas.
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport