edited 27 December 2011 at 2:52PM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.3K replies 330.3K views

Replies

• edited 4 January 2012 at 10:38AM
    Need2bthriftyNeed2bthrifty Forumite
    1.3K posts
    edited 4 January 2012 at 10:38AM
    meg72 wrote: »
    I amon my 3rd day of no cigsand struggling,whatis NRT please and Comkmunity Oharmacy scheme,

Hi Meg72, NRT is Nicotine Replacement Therapy (patches and all manner of aids to help stop smoking) The local chemists have joined up with the local Health Service to encourage people to stop smoking without having to go to their GP to get prescriptions for the NRT and its free which is a bonus, but this may only apply in Scotland.

Good luck kicking the habit, I couldn't have done without the NRT and now its just a case of breaking the habit of when I would have the cigs so I've made lots of changes to my routine.

Sorry to repeat the info already given by other posters; replied before I read through the next few pages.
  • XSpenderXSpender Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    freyasmum wrote: »
    Yea, it's the same ones as last year - except they're 72 washes in a box this time.

There's also a printable voucher on supersavvyme for £1 off each of the ariel and the Fairy (it's my favourite :D).

Well done on the not spending money as well :T

Thank you so much for sharing the info on the voucher. Unfortunately I don't have access to a printer at the moment so can't use it:( I have decided to buy the soap powder out of my own/Christmas money and the GC can pay me back over the next 3 months. I want to use the money to buy some new jeans but will wait until they have cleared the sale rubbish out of the shops first. I hate shopping in the sales:mad: Love a charity shop, love a bargain but sales shopping does my head in.

Gave the tea at work a miss again this morning so hoping for a NSD today:)

HM Qu0rn shepherds pie for tea tonight. Will make 2 or maybe 4 depending on how much mince and ingredients I have to stock the freezer back up.

Jackets with sausages, beans and cheese last night. Really enjoyed it.

Will need to buy milk tomorrow so debating wether I should go to Ald1 after work and do my weeks shop or just get milk. I was planning to shop on Monday night but I will have had a very busy day at work, finishing later than normal. On the other hand can I go in to a shop and just buy milk?
    PAYDBX 2020 £6,339.44/£10,000 63.4%
    Target CC - £0/£1030 SIF by Nov 2020
    Target Loan - £0/£493.43 by Nov 2020
    Big Emergency Fund Part 1 - 52%

Days since CC used - Christmas Eve 2019 - 189 (7 in 2019 + 2020)
  • tessie_beartessie_bear Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi...thinking of going to the coop to see what is cheap....also need to make sure i have all the bits for tea....i have checked that i have the food in i need for this weeks teas and i think its ok...no excuse to go shopping....kids have gone back to school today so i need to rev up with the pack ups as well

really on a use up mission and trying not to shop...also want to go to costco in feb so need to make some space.....gc task this week is sort out the stock pile so ii know what i have and know where it is so i can use it....simples

take care tess
    onwards and upwards
  • SpiggleSpiggle Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Wahayyyy! I've just bought the Panny! :j

It is the more expensive stainless steel one (I refuse to put anything other than stainless steel or black into the kitchen since we redid it 2 and a bit years ago!:p) but it was £129.99 from Coop Electricals which is cheaper for this model than it has ever been sold on Amazon. :T

If you're looking for a Panny I highly recommend the site (free delivery too) but go through Quidco (or topcashback if they have a link) for cashback. If you're not yet a member, joining the Coop means you'll get points on your purchase too. The lowest price model was £99 - white one not sure now of the model No. :o

We have a MR breadmaker at the moment but OH (who does all the cooking here ;)) has become terminally peeed off with the blade sticking, not getting the loaf he expected, etc and I promised him the best when I could get it at the right price.

Right, I really have to get ready for work but got distracted reading on here. Thanks tigerfeet by the way for reposting the tips thread.

And welcome to newbies and returners still joining us - great to see you.

All the best,
    Spigs
    Mortgage Free October 2013 :T
  • quintwinsquintwins Forumite
    5.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    morning all i'm dead on my feet today clearly my kids think sleep is for the weak, i'm off for abit of shopping today but i got a shock yesterday when i looked in my freezer so it really will only be abit if i didn't need toiletroll i wouldn't bother

kids are back to school today so £4 snack money and free school dinner, they're having cocktail sausages and chips for dinner, we're having gammon egg and chips :)
    OCT GC £196.12/£200
  • You guys have got me adicted to the thought of having a bread maker, i used to have one, a Kenwood and it was brilliant but when it was just me I could eat the whole loaf my self which was not good waist and weight wise so I donated it to my parents who had the same model but it wasn't working properly, so they then had the one they were used to and a spare pan and paddle. I asked the other night for reccomendations on who used what bread maker wise on my facebook, I got lots of responses, one friend offered to sell me hers as she never uses it, but another friend went one better and offered me hers for free as she bought it full of good intentions and used it three times and stopped (no idea until I pick it up tomorrow what type it is but knowing my friend it'll be a top model of some sort as she never does things by halves lol), by my recconing that is much cheaper than the £100 we were going to spend on a bread maker...!!! I already have my bread flour and yeast sat waiting to get started! I am very much looking forward to my loaf of home made bread, hubby was loitering in the bread (discounted) section last night and I reminded him we are getting the bread maker and he grinned and left all the bread for someone else.
    You never know how strong you are until you have no other option.
  • carolinerunnercarolinerunner Forumite
    623 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Hi all,
    Is there somewhere that has tips on getting good whoopsies? Time, place, where to look in the store etc? I'm not getting anything like the depth of discounts that some are managing and I want to find out how I can do that!
    many thanks in advance!
    Erratically money saving
  • I'm loving this thread, it is making me really think about our food from such a different angle!

Last night we had a kinda weird pie that tasted lovely! We had loads of bits of root veggies left, sweet potato, carrot, celeriac, swede, parsnip so I chopped them all up and steamed for about 15 mins till tender. I mixed them with some defrosted LO turkey that I chopped up and popped it all in a pie dish.
    I then fried off some garlic and shredded brussel sprouts and sweated down some shallots too.
    Next, I made up some white sauce with English & wholegrain mustard mixed in and topped with half a LO pack of puff pastry.

Didn't think OH would like it (too many veggies for him really) so served with baked beans (which it really didn't need). Leftover, leftover pie for tea tonight!

If I'm honest, before finding you guys the pastry would have crawled out of the fridge in a week or two and half of the veggies would have gone mouldy before I'd bothered to use them either. So thank you all again x
    Jan '12 GC; £74.66/£100
    £2 saver club member #107
    :grin:
  • edited 4 January 2012 at 12:25PM
    VivwVivw Forumite
    34 posts
    edited 4 January 2012 at 12:25PM
    there's so much here already. My budget this month is £150 but I am hoping to save a third of that as there is so much food still in the house. I must get an inventory done. One question though - which coffee do you buy? We use so much and I am wondering if I could get away with buying cheaper brands - both instant and ground
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    janiepopps, I added your Vegetable Pie to the front page index. Using up leftovers is a big help in the fight to lower costs :beer:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener