PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• p-pincher
    p-pincher Posts: 727 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2012 at 12:24PM
    Options
    Wow, Only just finished my december budget, came on here to post and its page 34 already!!! Will sit down tight with a big cuppa and have a read through. Lower budget this month as ive got alot of food left from Christmas (kids will be having cheese and biscuit for pack ups) and still got a full freezer plus my month runs from today to the 25th Jan so a shorter month that normal, slightly over last month but overall I was pleased with the result after my rubbish November and extra Christmas food.

Also this month im back on the slimming world plan big time so need to be extra careful as i need to make sure ive got plenty of fruit and veg in, only got the christmas weight to loose but with a porper family holiday planned for later in the year gotta start being disciplined now xx

After all that forgot to actually post my budget, for January id like a budget of £150.00
    March 2014 Grocery challenge £250.00
  • Pip-squeak_3
    Options
    Good morning
    Last year i thought I could survive on £1200 and then my daughter and her boyfriend moved in so I blew the budget by hundreds. Could you put me down for £1800 for the year please and i will see if we can stick to it. Slim chance as they are meateaters and don't take kindly to too mant beans and eggs. i do love having them here though so I'm not really moaning.
    Good luck everyone
    Challenge 2 adults food and household.
    2009 £1214.37
    Target for 2010 £1250
  • Gorgeestwo
    Options
    Good morning :)

Going to be staying in avoiding the rain/wind today, really pleased the children aren't back at school until next monday, nothing worse than doing the school run in this weather :(

Spend £36.41 in Mr S yesterday, a little more than I was expecting, but they had some lovely wine on offer :D

Will update sig now, hope everyone has a good day :j
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Another NSD today as Im still eating LO from Xmas etc, will need to do some shopping tomorrow for milk and eggs but have to go out so will tie it all in together:)

Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    janiepopps wrote: »
    Totally unrelated, but how do you all know where you last read up to on this post as it moves so fast?! I seem to be spending ages finding where I last got to x

I thank each post when I have read it, after all if no one posted we wouldnt have a thread,so I think every post deserves a thanks,also know exactly where I have got to.

Have to agree that this one is moving so fast its a struggle to keep up, but of course it has to be the fastest one as its the WINNER.:j
    Slimming World at target
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    I ask as I have realised that there are a couple of "oldies" posting and I haven't given them a budget

Helen you are doing an incredible job of keeping up ... I have no idea how you've managed it!:T:T:T

For me - please can you remove me from the monthly totals as I'm still there with no figure (I kind of like being called an "oldie" in this respect only, of course;)) - I've changed to an annual figure & you've got this noted down .... thanks:D
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • PolkaDotsAndLace
    Options
    Another £4.59 spend here - I only went out for an onion, which they didn't even have since deliveries didn't get through because of the weather! Must be more careful, but I did stock up on milk, cheese, and got some whoopsied caster sugar.
    February Grocery Challenge - £100.87/£180
    February Don't Throw Food Away Challenge - £0.60/£1.50
  • 123budget
    123budget Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Another £9.94 spent this morning - only popped into co*p for milk and ended up buying reduced cookies 89p (5 of the big ones!) and two ready roasted whole chickens £3.45 each. Seem to be addicted at the moment to looking for the reduced items but I also need to remember that I don't always need them:o
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2011 / no. 1205 £110 made]Sealed Pot Challenge 2012/no 1205 target £300
    Jan g/c 355.83/£450
    g/c Feb487.66/£400
    March 411.03/£450
    To feed 5 adults and 2 dogs includes toiletries & cleanining
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Another 11 pounds spent in boots today on baby food and wet wipes x

Going to sainsburys later to get some meat x
  • LondonDreamer
    Options
    janiepopps wrote: »
    Totally unrelated, but how do you all know where you last read up to on this post as it moves so fast?! I seem to be spending ages finding where I last got to!

Got all my fridge veggies to use up today and some leftover puff pastry so looks like we'll be having pie for tea... nom nom nom... Have a good day all and stay safe if you're venturing out x
    cw18 wrote: »
    When I view the 'subscribed threads' page, there's a little arrow to the left of the thread title. If I click on that it takes me to the first post I've not read - well, almost always. If I've not been on for 12 hours+ it can mess up and mean I miss some - but it's reliable enough for me :)

The arrow is there on the regular forum listing as well. Just make sure you're always logged in so it can keep track of where you're up to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure