PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Gorgeestwo
    Options
    Hi, Spend of £4.10 today, yet more milk :cool: salad and whoopsied bread from Mr T's and I've included some cakes we bought at the school cake sale :)
    Will have to go proper shopping tomorrow, but fingers crossed that will be it until our feb challenge starts next Friday. :)
  • Mrs_Veg_Plot
    Options
    Have completed the weekly shop tonight and it came to £67.46, not bad as ny budget is £85.

Got 80 free tea bags from Morrisons with a voucher MIL gave to us.
    Spent £36.38 in Tesco but with multi buys a £4.00 off a £20 shop and a £5.00 voucher this came down to £23.98.

Even topped up on some meat for the freezer and a few store cupboard basics and the ingredients for a recipe for teh week after nexts meal plan..

On track to come in under budget so will reduce nexts month budget to £320 (F)
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • moneysaver13
    Options
    Why has it never occurred to me to freeze bread that I've made! Not huge bread eaters to dont use my bread maker that often. Plus when I follow the recipes supplied it always rises and sticks to the lid of the machine. Might get it out and have a play again!
    GC 2012 April £0/£150
    March: £176.71/£150
    (payday 22nd) NSD 3/10
    Feb: £138.93/£150 NSD:11/10 :j
    Jan: £171.13/£150:(
    Nectar rewards: £18.55, Boots £13.82
    Sealed pot challenge 5 no 1602:
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spending total for January at €104.55

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello!
    I hope everyone is well. OH struck lucky at Mr S last night and came away with £28 worth of grub for £6.30 :) including a Thai box meal that should have been £8 for £1.90 and two curry and rice meals that should have cost £3.50 each down to 70p. This will be brilliant for weekend easy dinners instead of takeaway.

Just as well as we have had a run of bad luck - leak in shower room, damage to carpet, dishwasher breaking and unexpected £300 car expense, all since Xmas. Oh well the only way is up from here (crossing fingers and toes).

Weekend Meal Plan

Fri - shepherds pie and mixed veg
    Sat - Thai bargain meal
    Sun - stew and dumplings

So sorry for the run of bad luck, but looks like it is changing.well done on the reduced bits. Hope this is the start ofa run of good luckfor you.
    Slimming World at target
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I had a rather sneaky spend today. I was walking back from taking the kids to school and something made me go into a charity shop that I usualy don't bother with as it is a bit 'yuk' (funny thing is I had walked past the umpteen other CS I usually go into as I was determined not to spend anything today.) But something made me go in there today. There on a shelf at the back was a rather gorgeous Cath Kidston bag, looks like new and barely used. I have been lusting after a CK bag for years and just couldn't justify the expense at £35-55 a pop. It was £9.99 :eek: which was a bit eye watering for a CS and I would have normally just walked away but I decided to treat myself just this once as I have been so good with my grocery challenge over the last couple of months I decided to use £10 from my GC account :o

It obviously had your name on it,must be your reward for being so good, enjoy it.
    Slimming World at target
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Florenceem wrote: »
    I don't know how to download the spreadsheet.

There's a link on the first page in the second purse links list ;)

and there's also a link on the new thread kerri has started, link is in the first or second thread
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 January 2012 at 11:06PM
    Options
    mrs-moneypenny, your sweet potato and goat cheese pie is in the index :beer:

tigerfeet, I've added your recipes to the index :beer:
    Tropical Pork and Peppers (GF&DF)

Spicy Meatballs with Pea Pilaf (GF)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • PennyGrabber
    Options
    Spent £4 and something today; got 2 melons, some snacking fruit for on the way to swimming lessons (healthier than chocolate!) and a couple of other bits. Will be shopping over the weekend, but as I can see how much is left in my grocery purse, I shan't be spending too much!

Off away from home tom night - mum cooking ;) so I won't need to do tom night tea, or sun breakfast and lunch!! Yeah!

Have a good weekend all, I'll catch up with you all on sun night or monday.

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • stardrops42
    stardrops42 Posts: 857 Forumite
    edited 21 January 2012 at 5:30PM
    Options
    Spent another £15 in MrT yesterday which leaves me £15.39. I get paid on Wednesday(25th) which I will count as the end of the January challenge for me. Will try my absolute bestest to try and keep within my budget:o:p
    Feb GC £80 per week (Well I'm gunna try:whistle:)
    Diet starts today(31/12/16)! Only 18lbs to lose:eek:

4/2/16 - 13lbs to lose:D
    11/2/16 - 12lbs to lose:D
    3/3/16 - 11lbs to lose:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business