£2012 in 2012

Options

Comments

• the_cat
    the_cat Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This time of year there are always so many good challenges! I have already joined a couple and this one fits quite nicely with them so would like to join too.

I plan to just count extra money made as already doing the Frugal Living Challenge so any savings I make are from living that way anyway. I have committed to saving £12K in 2012, so combining this with the Frugal Living one should help me reach my target

As a start I applied to start leaflet delivery today, so fingers crossed
  • summertea
    Options
    Hello :),

I was looking for the 12,000 in 2012 but this seems much more up my street, i made about a grand last year on the 11,000 challenge so sign me up and let the money making madness begin ......on the 1st of January.
    Sealed Pot 7 (No. 296 )
    Make 2014 in 2014 - £118.45/£2014
    Frugal Living 2013 £1145.49/£15648.00
  • mightyroyals
    Options
    Count me in i will give this a go and see what i can do.
    CashBack earned to date - £1244-58
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join as well please. I was actually thinking of starting a thread for a much lower amount than the £12K in 2012 one as well as it seemed so far out of reach, better to have a lower target that you might surpass than a very high one that you can't get close to.

I'm a sahm and would like to include :
    • surveys
    • topcashback
    • occasional work for dh as and when needed
    • ebay
    • matched betting(after some serious research)
    • odd cleaning jobs
    • boot sale
    • pigsback clicks
    • vouchers from credit card/clubcard
    Thats all I can think of so far, if I do manage to make any cash I will use most of it to overpay the mortgage.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • ajwolf
    ajwolf Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I can't resist anymore, I want to join!

Another student here but I'm in my final year so only for another 6 months. I've been lurking on the site for a while but there's never really been anything I can join in with. Not sure I'll make the £2012 but I'll see how far I get. I'm hoping that joining the board will add a bit of motivation.

So far I'll be using:
    surveys
    dooyoo
    cashback
    ebay/amazon selling
    vouchers.

Like I said probably not going to save the full amount with that but I'll see how it goes and hopefully get a few more ideas.

Good luck everyone.
  • must_try_harder_2
    Options
    **Juice** wrote: »
    Oooh another idea I had is to start getting my hair done at the local college to take it from an eye watering £90 for a full head of highlights to something much less.

So would you count the amount you saved? I recently bought a groupon voucher for a haircut that will save me at least £20 when I use it. Do we think this can be counted?
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've started a survey challenge topic if anyone is interested. I've made a list of all survey companies, how they pay etc and links to them

(posted them on my homepage, feel free to join and post asking for referrals etc)

Everyone welcome to join in
  • moneysav
    Options
    Love this thread!! :D
    Just what I need to get motivated and sort my money probs out!

I will be selling on ebay.
    Surveys (not done this before, so will have to look into it)
    Direct selling
    Coupons

£2012 here I come!! :D
  • jamesflood
    Options
    Ill have a blast at this :) Been a long time since I saved for anything. So its basically £5.60 a day if you look at it that way. Ill have a look on the forums to see how to achieve this per day. Be very handy. Also anything else thats spare will go straight into the pot. My target would be £2k but id happily settle for more :D
  • fashionlover10
    Options
    Count me in! I only work 12 hours a week so plenty of room for overtime and time left over for surveys etc. I'm hoping to have £2012 in my savings by the end of this challenge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure