£2012 in 2012

Options

Comments

• twirly09
    twirly09 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a student, so when i get my student loan i will sort out my budget for my second semester and i aim to be hard on myself! The money I am going to save will to begin with start to go toward paying off my debts. But hopefully with extra that will all be paid by july, then the 1006 i plan to make the last 6 months will go towards a car :D
    :eek: How did I let it get such a mess? :eek:
  • clairelh
    clairelh Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mennie wrote: »
    I would count both, I only trial products for tesco although I am also registered with Boots. I dont get paid with Tesco and just get to keep the item, e.g. dogfood or bin liners, I have just been recording what I have saved by not buying the item. If you are being paid I would record that to.

Which companies are you registered with out of interest?

I do mostly Boots testing. I'm in Nottingham so can get to do a few of their 'in clinic' trials. Some only pay in vouchers as I don't have the time to do a lot of the cash paying ones. I also (or rather my baby) trial new cloth nappies for an online store and she's on an eczema trial so we get tonnes of moisturisers/emollients and a few Boots vouchers in return.

I used to do Simple trials and a lot of product testing with Litmus Test, but this has completely dried up these days. They are still going, but we never seem to get picked for anything now. So many trial companies have moved on these days, they're going to people who have blogs and can promote in return. I tried blogging for a while, but I just don't have the time or energy. I may see if I can revive it in the new year. How did you get on the Tesco trial? I'm on their Mum's Panel (as well as being a Plum Supermum) but testing is pretty rare with these. It all helps though, so not going to scoff at anything no matter how small.

My meeting with the bank was quite positive so I may be able to treat myself with some of this money. My netbook is getting very old and creaky so I am going to aim to be able to buy myself a new one, without worrying about putting it on a credit card. I would feel really pleased with myself to be able to go into a store and be able to pay for something like that out of my own money. The rest - probably to help keep debts at bay. :)
  • JennyJewell
    JennyJewell Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh please count me in and thank you for starting the thread - what a fab figure to go for :)
    Jenny :)
    Everything happens for a reason :)
  • CrazyRatLady_2
    Options
    I'm definately in for this :)

Plan on making money from:
    - Surveys
    - Dooyoo
    - Overtime
    - Freelance photography work
    - Sales incentives at work
    - Random stuff on ebay
    £2012 in 2012 member #15: £651.55/£2012
  • purpleruby
    Options
    Hey CRL had forgotten about DooYoo, do you still get paid for rating others reviews or is it all about writing reviews now?
    Debt free in 2012 - #117 £1454.73/£10813.21

• oliviarosejackson
    Options
    Hi, could I join please? I have never done any of the challenges on this site before.

Would Love to have £2012 saved by the end if the year.

I want mine to all be in the savings account though.

So shall use it from cutting back on DD, getting rid of virgin in the new year and football foundation thing, saving around £60 pm. Also have lots of bits to try and sell. OH is a part time artist too, so whatever he makes from his drawings will go into the pot too.
    January GC £33/200

Christmas 2012 savings £60
  • bjplfw2007
    Options
    I'm up for this one as well., mennie have u done the spreadsheet ?
    343.22/£2012 1668.78 to go
  • CrazyRatLady_2
    Options
    purpleruby wrote: »
    Hey CRL had forgotten about DooYoo, do you still get paid for rating others reviews or is it all about writing reviews now?

No you don't get anything for rating.
    They have a tiered structure now for writing, and the categories change around alot - you have levels 1, 2 and 3, which pay 60p, 30p and 10p for a review and then you get money per rate you receive.
    I go through phases of writing reviews, but I've done about £200 on there this year - if I made more of an effort to write more often I could probably double that.
    £2012 in 2012 member #15: £651.55/£2012
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Can I join in too please.

I have posted on the Millionaire's Thread but that is more of a long term thing.

I need some shorter term goals to get me going and to get some "seed capital" for my master plan.:D

Looking forward to this.
  • emma12345
    Options
    I've been working out how I'm going to earn this, based on extra money earned this past year, and I've come up with the following:

Surveys - Valued Opinions £80
    Surveys - MySurvey £36
    Surveys - Vivatic £180
    Surveys - Crowdology £8
    Surveys - OnePoll £40
    Other - Freelance sites £240
    Other - Maximiles £40
    Mystery Shopping (rejoin these) £240
    Ebay £240
    Adsense £120
    Other - Coupons, apply tax credits, Quidco, coins, Dooyoo

Adds up to a possible £1224 (which is £788 short) so I'll need to get my thinking cap on.

Good to see so many joining, good luck everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure