amazon left parcel in recycling bin

Options
I ordered some books from Amazon and the delivery came when I was out. The delivery man left the parcel in the recycling bin. Now the books are not there.
Who is resposible for this? Is it the fault of the retailer for leaving them there or have I just got to grin and bear this?

Comments

• Oliver14
    Oliver14 Posts: 5,878 Forumite
    Options
    Amazon didn't leave it in your bin. The courier they employed did. Contact Amazon and tell them you have not received the item they are responsible to get the item to you.

How do you know that the item was in the bin if it wasn't there?
    'The More I know about people the Better I like my Dog'
    Samuel Clemens
  • scheming_gypsy
    Options
    It's the fault of whoever delivered them not the retailer. Amazon don't deliver anything, but you'd have to complain to them so they can take it up with whoever they used to deliver. If it was Royal Mail, you could complain to your local depot (not post office) about the postman sticking it in the bin
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Retailer is responsible, unless you explicitly stated that they could do this. (Technically it was the delivery agent's fault, but your contract is with the retailer. The retailer has the contract with the delivery company).

Report to Amazon that you have received a delivery notification card but the goods are not where stated, and that they were left (where stated) in an unsafe location. Request them to resend the goods (or cancel the order and refund all monies paid if this is your preference).
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Oliver14 wrote: »

Putting on my sleuth's hat - the delivery card says this?
  • AlisonHarrison
    Options
    Thanks for this. Will contact Amazon and ask them to resend.

They put a card through the door.
  • Shashwoo
    Shashwoo Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In my job I work with a courier company on a daily basis, if they have left an item in what they would class as a 'safe place' then you must contact your place of purchase.

They will re-send and put n a claim for compensation to the cost of the items with the courier company.

:kisses2::smileyhea:love: 1st June 2012 @ 1pm I married the man of my dreams!!!
  • wary
    wary Posts: 789 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The bins may have been emptied between them delivering and you checking, so the first thing you need to do is to go down to your local recycling centre to see if it's there :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • stugib
    stugib Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Options
    wary wrote: »
    The bins may have been emptied between them delivering and you checking, so the first thing you need to do is to go down to your local recycling centre to see if it's there :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It happens! Postman left package in woman's bin - which was emptied before she got home!
  • biscit
    biscit Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Options
    Amazon didn't leave it in your bin. The courier they employed did.

This is an important distinction, not pedantry in case anyone was thinking otherwise.
    bod1467 wrote: »
    Putting on my sleuth's hat - the delivery card says this?

It seems logical, but it should have been said. The OP didn't indicate whether or not the recycling had been that day.

I mean at the end of the day it makes no diference, the parcel has not been properly delivered and Amazon should replace, but giving a full picture does help people answer.

OP: sorry to hear your story and hope you get success with a replacement delivery.
  • Snoopyuk
    Options
    I had Hermes Couriers deliver a parcel to my Recycle Bin recently - it was stated on the card they put through the door - the parcel was in the bin however the laugh was they had stated on their tracking system that it was left in the porch. Yeah okay - good one that - I don't have a porch! LOL!

Equally and yes the responsibly lies with Amazon to get this sorted at the end of the day you are not in receipt of the goods you paid for. I would also be inclined to hold on to the couriers card which is proof that by their own admission admits to where they left the item in your bin!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure