Help Demo for New Forum Users

Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
edited 7 December 2011 at 11:27AM in Site feedback
We've put together an Introduction Demo for New Forum users giving a basic level intro to how to use the MSE Forum.

We do plan to add a voiceover/sound to it but before that we'd love to get the thoughts of people relatively new to our Forum, and especially people new to any Forum. Of course feedback from Forum regulars would be great too but we're mainly looking for newbies to give us their thoughts.

Any type of constructive feedback is welcome eg
  • Is it immediately obvious to you what to do, where to click, what things are?
  • What would you change?
  • Are there any questions you've had or seen other newbies ask that you think we haven't answered or could answer better?
  • Should it be speeded up/slowed down? (Forum regulars bear in mind this is for newbies including people who may never have visited an Internet Forum before)

Here's the link:

If you get any issues you think may be related to your browser can you tell us which browser you're using and which version?

Thanks in advance! :)
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Andrea

Feel free to delete my post.............after you've amended your post to correct the word advance:D:

Thanks in advace!:)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Overall it looks good.

When the cursor clicks on the vertical scrollbar it is quite jarring - a smooth scroll might be nicer?

One possible issue is that it does not include anything about forum etiquette. Searching before posting is briefly mentioned in the "Asking and Answering Questions" video. That video could do with mentioning searching for an answer before posting a question, and putting useful detail into the post.
  • dixiebb
    dixiebb Posts: 666 Forumite
    i like it :)
    A new abacus :D:A.

red robin ribbed :kisses2:.
    Someone please contact the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Cans!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure