Options
124»

Comments

• Zebedee69
    Zebedee69 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    save-a-lot wrote:
    followed by more good old :spam: at least it isn't a live link

Cheeky !!!!!! - i offer Airport Parking so its not like im gonna make any money because were talking domain hosting......;)

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com - now theres a cool website lol!!!

Oh btw where did you get the spam logo from - classic!!!
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Options
    It's against the forum rules to have links in signatures..........
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    save-a-lot wrote:
    followed by more good old :spam: at least it isn't a live link

It is now :(
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Zebedee69 wrote:
    Cheeky !!!!!! - i offer Airport Parking so its not like im gonna make any money because were talking domain hosting......;)

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com - now theres a cool website lol!!!

Oh btw where did you get the spam logo from - classic!!!

Your post is :spam: moreso because it is off topic completely, the bit about your website anyway, it does not add to the discussion here.
  • annscullamus
    Options
    I have just returned from 6 weeks away working and read the answer to my message. I am sure nobody will read this after so long but here we go. I have no experience with website building, and I assure you, I built the site via 2minutewebsite and I got a booking within 2 hours of it being on the web, and please do not suggest my message is spam. I will think twice before offering something which helped me enormously to set up a small business. I am reluctant to give my web address so you can see what I mean, but I have recommended it a number of times and everyone who has tried it has been pleased.
    PS I am a music teacher who has never had a website before, nor any computer education so to speak.
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Zebedee69 wrote: »
    Think this is good old SPAM.....

Hosteroute.co.uk offer a domain name service with a little bit of webspace (10 megs) for £14.00 straight up for a year. After you have your space start learning about web design. It looks hard but its pretty simple once you get your head around it.

My website is whytravellite.com - its down at the moment as im putting a new UK Airport Parking database up and redesigning some of the pages.

Hi

The SPAM referred to is this post (highlighted in blue) as it had a live signiture originally and refers to their airport parking website, so this poster said he thought your post was SPAM and then immediately posts the URL to a personal money making site of their own. There was no need for this poster to call yours SPAM as it is not. Zebedee69 was clearly trying to promote their own website as Zebedee69's comment about car parking database is utterly off-topic and I think they were hoping to gain some traffic to their site by posting the URL.

So rest assured yours post is not considered SPAM... it is just a little unbelieveable that a booking was made within hours from search engine traffic - I could imagine a booking from a referral in that time, but not from a search engine. It usually takes a long time to get decent listings on Google, but maybe you are in a niche area (not alot of other sites on the same topic (??)) and you got lucky with the google spider.
  • Equinut
    Equinut Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    for ongoing updates of the website, in the past i've used something called macromedia contribute which is dead easy for anyone with any experience of windows-based programs to use. it means you can put updates and changes on your site in a quite simple and effective way, so if you are just starting out, i'd recommend it, as it means you can do simple updates yourself - and fine-tune things like page titles and other stuff the search engines like.

i've now progressed to dreamweaver and gone down the coding route, but i found contribute a good stepping-stone. (and no i don't work for macromedia!)

equinut
    Posts are not monitored but signatures are!
  • alias7
    alias7 Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    Hey,

I'm a student currently studying web design. I have my own web design company which I work with outside of my stuides. I've designed many websites for people just starting out with their businesses, basically people in the same boat as yourself.

If you would like, I can supply you with some of my sample work. I don't charge the earth - Because I'm a student who does still have things to learn, I charge much less than a standard company would.

You can go for Mr Site or download a template - but when you do this you need to ask yourself how you want your website to represent your business.

Like I said, I can provide you with a sample of my work. If you would like a quote for some web design work, PM me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure