PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

A new 'tougher' thread... and so it continues

Options

Comments

• meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Caught up at last!! MIA for a week as pc was acting up but it has taken me ages to get this far....thought I was a gabbyguts but you lot are way ahead.

In the school days memories had a bit of a shiver when someone mentioned a brown uniform....wore it for my 5 years of secondary school and must have been 25 years before I donned a brown garment again!

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • prepareathome
    Options
    Oh Gardenia I will be with you in spirit if I cannot be there in person - I am dreading them, if I get that far, still no date for my medical yet.

I am so sorry i never wished you Happy Birthday, I have been so caught up in myself lately, but that is no excuse, not that anything happening here its just am going through a tired phase and seem to be spending most of my time staring into space while lying on my bed as no energy to do much else even listen to audiobooks which is usually my solice, it will pass as it always does. My Monday excursion was the first time I had been out and actually got dressed in a week and still recovering from it.

I just want to say for future reference that if I become self centred again as I have done lately please yell at me, I read the all the posts and think what I will reply, but so as not to post to many I think i will reply all in one post and of course end up talking about myself and forget, forgive me please. I do care for each and every one of you as you know, you are all so dear to me. You will notice I go through these phases - times when I never shut up, other times I don't post at all and others when I am completely selfish, I don't want to be like this but it just happens and its not till i start coming out of a phase I realise I was in it. Its been like that for years, I am lucky that I have a few on-line friends that have accepted me like this and at times I will chat and chat to them and others they would find it easier get blood out of stone than me saying (typing) more than a few words.

Today I have slept nearly all day and am going to sleep again - usually when I reach the stage of sleeping nearly a whole day it means this phase is coming to an end, usually then I follow a fairly normal pattern till I hit the awake time and then the tired stage again. The one plus is pain levels are fairly low but it angers me so much as so much to do yet I sit here and cannot get the energy up to do it, to others I must seem so lazy, but as hubby keeps pointing out to me when I call myself lazy, he knows when I have the energy I am up and doing and then he is telling me off as he knows I will pay for it.......

Right my friends I am going I hope to sleep and maybe tomorrow will be able to do something - I desperately want to put up the fruit cages to see how much space they take up then plant my fruit bushes in the ground, hubby and gardening don't go together and although the nice guy I have had to do things in garden is knocking every few days in the hope of work, I just do not have the money to pay him, although I think he keeps hoping if he knocks often enough I will suddenly find some to give him work, but sadly not a chance of that. Its because of this tiredness I have paid for the Rocket garden, at least I don't have to worry about getting my seeds done, baby plants will be here in April although still need to plan my garden, son bought me 7 old pallets that I can use as raised beds, but between now and then I should have some energy. I even bought some caffeine pills to see if they would help but sadly nope they just made me edgy. One plus with the tiredness is I am not missing smoking as much as I might have- yes I do have the electronic cigarette but thankfully not using to often only when craving is bad and they are getting fewer thankfully. I find just sitting holding it is enough rather than actually using it, which is what I wanted anyway I do not want to swap smoking for vaping as its called using one I want to stop altogether.

Night night everyone, hugs and love to all who need it, which is everyone really and Gardenia I will be with you all the time tomorrow remember that, I hope it gives you some comfort.
    Need to get back to getting finances under control now kin kid at uni as savings are zilch

Fashion on a ration coupon 2021 - 21 left
  • tryingtodobetter
    Options
    Do they still sell the same model?? ;)

Yes they still sell the same model and I will be steering well clear of this make in the future :(

I think I may get an independent assessment but i must check first that they will refund the cost when it shows that it's a manufacturers fault. Or another option is as paid on my Credit Card (this is the only reason I have a credit card) I maybe able to claim it back from them, although I have never done this so I'm not sure what it entails.

I went and did the weekly shop at Mr T today to use up my £5 off £40 voucher and managed to get the total before the voucher to £40.47 :T so I was very pleased with that.

I'm off to research meal/menu plans as I need some inspiration.

Night All :)
    Credit Card Debt
    2019 - £7520
    2023 - £1975
    Pay Debt by Xmas #29
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ginnyknit - so sorry for your loss.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Byatt
    Byatt Posts: 3,496 Forumite
    Options
    PAH, I love reading your posts so never apologise for writing. I know what you mean about reading and planning what to write; I do that. You don't come over as self-centred at all. I do think though we all have times when we become more introspective or "hunker down" as we need time to recover. I too can see what I'm like in hindsight as I can be very unsociable and I'm lucky that the friends I have put up with my mood changes/tiredness. It's really hard being unable to do things. When I feel well I am so energetic and realise at those times I'm not lazy at all. But it's hard to remember that and I often berate myself and try to push myself too hard.

Well done again on the not smoking; you are doing so well. Pat on the back time!

xxxx

Ginnyknit, sorry to hear about your loss.
  • Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to add, re school uniform, that mine wasn't too bad EXCEPT for the blazer.

We had navy skirt, white blouse, plain navy tie & navy v-neck pullover (navy suits me, so not a problem there)

But I am sure the blazer (navy, of course with school badge embroidered on pocket & motto vitai lampada ferimus) was made of navy blue felt carpet underlay! Horrible fabric. On the positive side, it kept my hands warm in the first form and still fitted by fifth form....
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl: My DH's mother bought his uniform with so much growing room they were still too large for him when he was in 6th form. In fact he found his cricket jersey years later when he was beginning to show the effects of my devoted cooking (ahem) and it STILL fitted.

Smileyt, everyone who doesn't know any better always thinks that nuns are calmness and goodness personified and always oozing with sweetness and light. Whereas there is always at least one who is a true poison dwarf and who either teaches needlework or domestic science or, worse, is in charge of school dinners:eek:

Although the nuns were very kind to me when my mother died. And Sister Pauline taught me how to make a dress over one half term when I had to stay at school and never batted an eyelid over how short I wanted it
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • EstherH
    EstherH Posts: 1,150 Forumite
    Options
    PAH: Ihave never noticed that your posts are all about yourself. I think you are worrying about nothing. I understand how you feel re lack of energy as I have similar health problems myself. It's horrible knowing that so many things need doing and you can't do anything about them. Also, I find that even after many years like this I still believe that I can do more than I am actually able to. I am another whose husband knows that I am not lazy and I am thankful to have such a supportive hubbie.

There seem to be many of us with long term health and energy problems.

GAILEY: If you are reading, let us know how your daughters party went.

Esther x
    Second purse £101/100
    Third purse. £500 Saving for Christmas 2014
    ALREADY BANKED:
    £237 Christmas Savings 2013
    Stock Still not done a stock check.
    Started 9/5/2013.
  • grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ummmm Hobnobs :T

Oh yes! :D

I have a basic recipe that I have used for almost 40 years very similar to twinks hobnobs and I add coconut,sesame seeds and sunflower seeds also nuts sometimes. I have even added choc drops or dried fruit too.
  • paidinchickens
    Options
    meanmarie wrote: »

In the school days memories had a bit of a shiver when someone mentioned a brown uniform....wore it for my 5 years of secondary school and must have been 25 years before I donned a brown garment again!

Marie

Same here :rotfl::rotfl: Chocolate brown jumper,blazer and skirt with a yellow shirt but the worst offensive item was the brown PE knickers :eek: I can't tell you how many fights broke out when we had sports against other schools because they called us poo pants :rotfl::rotfl:
    Yes they still sell the same model and I will be steering well clear of this make in the future :(

I think I may get an independent assessment but i must check first that they will refund the cost when it shows that it's a manufacturers fault. Or another option is as paid on my Credit Card (this is the only reason I have a credit card) I maybe able to claim it back from them, although I have never done this so I'm not sure what it entails.

Good idea with the credit card company. We always use ours for big purchases as well. I bet they had to take on extra staff when Martin told everyone they are jointly responsible :rotfl::rotfl:

Currys used to have really good customer service in our city but not any more. I think companies that are trying to keep every penny from every sale are shooting themselves in the foot as people will never shop with them again and will spread the word to people they know. Shopping karma :D
    Chipps wrote: »
    Just to add, re school uniform, that mine wasn't too bad EXCEPT for the blazer.

We had navy skirt, white blouse, plain navy tie & navy v-neck pullover (navy suits me, so not a problem there)

But I am sure the blazer (navy, of course with school badge embroidered on pocket & motto vitai lampada ferimus) was made of navy blue felt carpet underlay! Horrible fabric. On the positive side, it kept my hands warm in the first form and still fitted by fifth form....

:rotfl::rotfl: how very OS you could have used it for hanging baskets when you left school. Not taking the mick :p just tell "poo pants" here to shut up :rotfl::rotfl:

PIC x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport